[Newelle Family] On Seeking Justice

I like her. She has spark. And anger. Good qualities.

I am pleased to hear that Lord Sarum has been given the mandate by the Empress to root out all this corruption. I am ever at his highness’ disposal.

6 Likes

Ms Alizabeth,

I would not be so arrogant as to presume, but if you refer to myself with those kind words of yours, I can answer only with this:

I recently found happiness, a deeper happiness than ever I thought possible. God has granted me this, and I have struggled to imagine a way I may repay that Divine, Infinite Kindness. It has now been made clear to me.

I am a weapon of God, to be used by God, and by God’s most worthy agents, against the myriad enemies that assail our Beloved Empire. Thus shall the Empire and the Faithful be rendered safe. I am but a crude and ill-fashioned weapon, but if I am wielded by my betters, I may be as effective as any created. My usefulness, so far as it exists, is multiplied by my being a capsuleer. I may be wielded again and again and again, until either the enemy breaks, or I finally do.

It is but the least I can offer in humble gratitude for the Love with which I have been Blessed. For what I have been given, I would sacrifice myself a thousand times a thousand times! I pray only that I may be spared a few fleeting moments with My Love from time to time, if it please God.

7 Likes

Simillar background.
You have my resepect.

I very much was.

2 Likes

Then you honour me far more than I deserve. I shall strive to prove myself worthy of your praise, and I shall look to you yourself for the inspiration I need. Your prowess, devotion, fervour, and glory all speak for themselves.

Thank you.

3 Likes

The following is a recording taken from the LUMEN closing ceremonies for aid operations on Anath IV.

Within the makeshift camp a small stage and podium have been set up. Aldrith, dressed neatly in an Excubitoris duty uniform and his hair tied back in a ponytail, stands a few paces behind it, and as he takes to the podium applause from a moderately-sized crowd meeting him. His eyes are rested and sure but a sadness dwells behind them.

“Thank you, Archbishop, for your kindness, and for allowing me to speak today. I have not prepared a speech for you, so my words will be more plain than what my poet’s training might have brought forth otherwise. But I do believe that suits the situation and surroundings just fine.”

He inhales, his eyes glancing downward. “This. All of this. Is in no small part my fault.” He pauses again, letting the statement linger. “Two weeks ago, on behalf of my Lady Mitara Newelle… who is a native of this system - of Anath II… I made a call to Imperial authorities to stand together and investigate the Blood Raider activity and the Deathglow attacks. In that speech I also drew attention to the seemingly obvious - that elements in the Khanid Kingdom were either aggressively taking advantage of those attacks, or, perhaps, causing them. One day later, the attacks on Anath were reported… fitting a known pattern of apparent motive and method that my Lady and I should have anticipated… and made preparations for.” He looks downwards again, his gaze not lifting. “And for that, I am truly, deeply sorry.”

Aldrith pauses again. He is very still, body taught as he fights something back. His face is calm but his eyes blank. He finally blinks and lifts his head, tears dripping down his cheeks, but his voice is clear, and stronger. “But I am not sorry for what we said.”

"This has gone on long enough. It is now readily apparent that there is a widespread conspiracy behind these attacks. Be it Blooder alone, or with Kingdom complicity, or worse, these are being directed towards capsuleers who speak out against the Kingdom, and they are being used by the Kingdom to further its agendas.

“This constellation may fall into Kingdom territory. The petition in the Imperial Court is no secret. And this attack, and the response given by the Kingdom to it, is being used as leverage.” He pauses again, his eyes brushing over the known Kingdomers in the crowd. “Make of that what you will. But now that this attack towards my family has been made, I will not mince words. To those citizens of the Kingdom that are present here, if these acts do not represent you, then look to your brethren and seek the truth from them. To those Holders here, who have been affected by these acts of pure terrorism, designed to make you meek in the face of machinations that are hidden in the dark, wearing the face of the hated Blood Raiders, do not succumb to fear and turn towards those who may be manipulating you. And to the rest of you, stand up and be heard. These attacks will not stop until the true culprits are found. All those that have died here will have died for nothing if the truth of these events is not uncovered. And until then, no one is safe.”

Aldrith stands straight, the tears already drying on his cheeks as he gives the crowd and imperious, defiant look. He finally shouts, “Never again!” and from off-screen a section of the crowd responds in refrain of “Justice or death!” The recording then cuts a few seconds after, amidst rising applause.

Today I spoke such words on my own behalf, apart from my Lady’s or that of my Order, but I know I am not alone when it comes to the sentiments expressed. So, instead, I spoke on their behalves as well. I spoke these words from my God-given soul, after spending days bearing witness to the destruction wrought within Anath. Before this system, we bore witness to the destruction within Thebeka, and Alkabsi. Dakba, Mabnen and Sehmy. Before them, Kahah, and before that the clear and implicit threats delivered on Oris and in Rens.

I am sure there will be still more bloodshed. But I now face it, unafraid of what comes next. This must be confronted, and I pray that others will stand before it with me.

We shall not be cowed by the depraved cowardice of the weak and evil. The time to strike back shall - must come. And we must be strong when it does.

Justice or Death.

9 Likes

Find your true culprit and put a high enough price on their head. Then Justice will come swiftly

Well, you know you may get even those opposed to you on other things to stand with you if you didn’t threaten to shoot them for coming forward with aid…

:wink:

8 Likes

I would prefer to see the Covenant and Republic defeated as a whole instead of running after certain war criminals inside them. Then you can just detain them all with ease and make them pay for their actions.

As for the traitors, for those scum in Kingdom who was siding with Blooders, for those scum in the Empire, who was siding with Tribals…

BURN THEM ALL!

For there’s no crime worse and more disgusting than treason.

1 Like

He’d have an even better chance if he acknowledged others had already been standing there opposing it, and he’s joining them, rather than casting things as if he was a singular figure, rallying others to his cause.

Such a brave and principled man, willing to take a stand and hunt the beast in the darkness… now that his own ox has been gored.

7 Likes

Hey while I do agree I’m taking it one step at a time…

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My Lord Chakaid,

I feel that we may have gotten off on the wrong foot.

I bring our discussion here because hopefully we both seek the same thing: justice. This thread also shows for all what you seem to be most upset about, thus prompting your rash, though understandable, threats and derision. Truly, I sympathize with defensiveness in the face of accusations of wrongdoing hurled by those who have no right to speak ill of their betters; I am subject to them often enough from the very same enemies you so often rail against. Yet, I stand by mine and my Lady’s words in regard to the attacks our Empire has suffered in the last year; there are suspects within the Kingdom. I chose my words carefully to avoid placing my finger upon you, my Lord, but alas you still took offense despite my best efforts. It still stands to reason that corruption may have taken root in your own homeland. If the testimony of a certain rude slaver bears any truth, I would pray that you, as a servant of both the Kingdom and the most holy Theology Council, would be highly interested in pursuing such leads to purge any and all filth from your beloved Kingdom. Thus, if you call yourself a true servant of the Empire and your King, I believe I must repeat some words stated by myself some time ago:

I humbly request that if you have concerns with the direction of the resultant inquisition, you should bring them up with Lord Arrach Sarum’s offices dedicated to the matter. With their control over the key witness we willfully granted him, surely your efforts would be best placed there. Perhaps you hold some evidence yourself that may complete the picture, as you seem to have suggested today.

Now, on to another matter. You state that there is a body of evidence being gathered against my person for what must be the crimes you have alluded to in past posts since I facilitated the unfortunate prisoner exchange with the Seykal Clan Headhunters for the aforementioned witness. I am to understand that I may be stricken from the Book of Records as punishment, should I be found wanting. I accept this.

I believe that after my more than a decade of loyal service to the Empire as a capsuleer, I at the very least deserve a fair trial to be delivered by those worthy of their authority to enforce the laws of Holy Amarr. A complete and formal list of crimes I stand accused of and a chance to respond to them is hereby requested.

However, I understand that the Theology Council is rather busy at the moment, and that this process may take some time. After all, within just the realm of disloyal and heretical independent capsuleers, the cases of Nauplius the Butcher and Samira Kernher the heretic are surely before mine and take precedence, and neither have been addressed yet. I recognize it may take some years before my case is opened for full inquisition. I will patiently wait until then, and atone as best I may for any transgressions against God I have committed. May He have mercy upon me.

I reiterate my intent of this response: we need not be enemies in the pursuit of protecting the Empire from evil. If you are truly a righteous Paladin to our shared cause, then you will join me in seeking the truth in the name of justice. I will lay bare to be judged as those that are better than I see fit. But I also ask that you do the same. If either of us has something to fear from such openness, well… may they be struck down and stricken from memory forever. I feel at least one of us may deserve as such.

Aldrith

Lord Consort to Lady Mitara Newelle
Holder of Damnidios Para’nashu, Mekhios
Champion of House Sarum
Paladin Ordinary of the Excubitoris Chapter of the Sacred Throne Order
Captain of the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
Bearer of the Righteous Cross
Humble Servant of the Empire

3 Likes

You got somethin’ on yer nose there.

3 Likes

You got something on your shoulder.

My dear Lord Newelle,

It brings me no small amount of joy to see such a well measured and calm request from yourself to Aga-Count Chakaid. Your message, particularly in light of our recent conversation, is encouraging. It is a rare man who can take his own advice.

Graciously,

Lady Liliya Setareh
Second Daughter of Lord Ghunan Setareh
Knight of Neyi IV

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic has been opened at the Owning Capsuleers request.

Thank you,

~Alexandre Arthie

Alexandre Arthie,
Directive Enforcement Department
CONCORD Assembly

1 Like