It’s fairly sub-par from CCP implementing this launcher (UI) patch without any forward notice to their player base/customers, as well as putting out no dev blog regarding it — for clarity or potential workarounds for those variously relying on the Profile Management Tool functionality (since you can only log in via the launcher, not front end anymore). Bearing in mind this was a post-downtime patch that was implemented for the launcher yesterday (about 4 hours post-dt).
It would’ve been much like CCP implementing the new ‘star’ map, without allowing you the option to rollback, or ability to still use the old ‘star’ map. Why remove options of functionality from the game ?
Also for those looking to somewhat retain a version of their previous profile settings for their clients, courtesy of GM Telomer :
The profile manager tool was removed from the launcher, as such, if you used a different profile from the default profile, your settings would have been reset. In this case, to restore your previous settings see the following steps:
- Press and hold the Windows key on your keyboard while pressing R (this will open a run window).
- Copy and paste the following line into the run window:
- You should see a few folders there. One will be named after where your sharedCache folder is located on your hard drive such as (c_programdata_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquility), open this folder.
- Search for the folder that has the name you used in your last profile, for example, the name would be “settings_ProfileName”
- Delete the “settings_default”.
- Rename the profile folder that contains your preferred settings and rename it “settings_default”.
- You should also make a copy of this folder in case you lose your settings again.
- If you lose your settings again copy the folder back and your settings should be restored to what they were when the folder was copied. If you make any changes to your settings, you should create a new backup.
Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to launch different accounts using a different profile. If you would like to comment on this change, please do so in the general feedback thread for the latest patch:
Version 19.02 - General Feedback