NFT's are Fundamentally a MLM-Type Scam Designed to Get You to Buy Crypto

I’ve not given cash to any of these entity in around 10 years, I could not care less if they want to sell NFT’s in their products, I don’t care if they sell t-shirts or key chains either.

buying plex for isk is still essentially you supporting hilmar.

3 Likes

You guys realize that people who buy NFTs don’t actually own these “assets” you speak of, right? The tokens you buy are simply associated with the asset in question. There is no promise of ownership of the asset at all.

Please watch the below, much shorter video to understand what NFTs really are. Especially you, @Zoiie.

7 Likes

NFTs: Nasty F*cking Things

4 Likes

Seeing this NFT thing made me laugh. NFT’s are a terrible terrible thing. They are a bubble industry that is already becoming over-saturated with pretty worthless tokens. When the bubble bursts and everyone tries to cash out the value of your items will crash and you are left having spent say $1000 on something you can’t sell for more than $10.

But hey. I have some pretty rare AT ships on my inactive characters maybe I can actually cash out of EVE for some real money one day. So for me as an inactive player, this is fantastic. For those of you still playing it’s a sad day. But then CCP cashing into a in creasingly monetisation driven industry that increasingly disregards older player in favour of making money off of a generation to young to remember free content and finish games is sad

2 Likes

No they are not.

If you don’t like scams, then warn people against them.

NFTs (and cryptocurrencies in general) ARE scams. Their only value is in the speculation, therefore they are a negative sum game.

Also, you don’t own anything in the NFTs. They are only a receipt of a virtual-world receipt. That virtual-world owner can make them void any time.

7 Likes

Thing is, they’re a scam. And a scam which use a ruinous amount of energy.

This isn’t a free speech issue. You know running scams in the real world isn’t allowed, right? They’re illegal?

They’re just running ahead of legislation at the moment.

12 Likes

you know what you could do that in?
A database. A regular database.

Blockchains are, in general, pointless.
There are a very few specific use cases, where you want byzantine consensus (you don’t trust everyone involved. but you do trust 50+% as a whole) for anything else they’re hideously inefficient.

7 Likes

Your probably right , I suppose no one would want to alter such a database maliciously , I was just considering uses for the amount of data storage and computational power these networks must display .

They’re just hideously inefficient for anything, because they’re focused on trust instead of anything else.

3 Likes

Everytime you introduce money into a hobby it kills the fun. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

For you maybe. It makes it more fun for me.

Nice.

That’s something the history proved false, once money comes in, fun comes out and a race for the best automated way of making money starts.

So, I gonna doubt the veracity of that statement. I believe the very nature of alt farms is a strong evidence this is gonna be the icing on the cake.

3 Likes

You mean, the people who do it for fun are forced out by those who do it for profit.

It’s because, making things for profit makes this possible, and it’s fun.

Predatory behaviors are possible, because being pragmatic makes this behavior succeed in general. The issue is, that they succeed at the price of the society, so this behavior is not actually “the best” as it implies destroying the society they rely on. It’s fun until you realize you are killing yourself.

3 Likes

I missed your point Geten.

You stated the obvious, now where do you want to go from here?

I’m not here to say yes or no to NFT, CCP is not getting 1 cent from my pocket anymore, and for all that I care go ahead.

When people dodge the question with subjective ‘fun’ I intervened to avoid derailing of the thread.

If you saying the NFT is going to be great because EVE is some special case where nothing that happened before will happen here, by all means, take my vote and go ahead.

But please, don’t just state the obvious like you are some oracle, make your point. I already made it easy for you.

2 Likes

The obvious can be wrong, though. What is obvious for you may not be for other. Just like, “fun” for one is not “fun” for the other - so what is obviously not fun for you, can be obviously fun for other people.

So instead of subjective terms, I use objective term : the goal one has in mind.

Seemed pretty obvious to me, though.

Also I wrote already that NFTs, like crypto, is a scam based on ponzi + technobullshit. Just like people try to make you believe “healing with quantum theories” et caetera. THIS was pretty obvious, too.

Which I totally agree.

The fact is, the poster avoided the point running to ‘fun’ argument, that leads nowhere. We must agree on common ground otherwise we cannot go forward.

The obvious I referred is the fact you posted to point out ‘fun’ is subjective, which is exactly what I pointed out, but I refuted it with ‘historical data showed’. Don’t feed the trolls man, running to subjective is just a strategy to derail the conversation.

Not that I’m not aware some people in here think their opinion should be implemented no matter what, but that’s between them and CCP.

o7

@CCP_Hellmar @CCP_Rattati @CCP_Swift @CCP_Paragon @CCP_Fozzie @CCP_Nomad @CCP_Convict

6 Likes

avoid spamming the same thing that block your post, thanks