NFT's are Fundamentally a MLM-Type Scam Designed to Get You to Buy Crypto

Nope. Everyone is free to join this conversation.

Please, send me some of what you’re smoking.

Absolutely, of course you are free to join this convo, I’m just saying it doesn’t make much sense in being involved if you don’t know what you’re talking about and don’t want to know.

Hey Buddy, when you get some time I’d be interested in reading your take on what’s currently happening with the US Dollar. Thanks.

With the US dollar probably not much. What currently happens is that a lot of banks are in trouble because they run out of liquidity again. They tried to be conservative for once and invested into supposedly stable bonds. But at the time they did that, the interest rate for them was pretty low, and now that the Fed hiked interest so much, newer bonds yield a lot more interest.

Now they sit on this bonds that basically lose them money because interest is below inflation and if they try to sell them because they need cash, they will take a heavy loss, because the market values those bonds below their nominal value. I mean why should someone buy a bond that yields 1% if they can get one for 5%.

Basically they are pretty much all insolvent on the paper. Now, if there is even some small doubt that a Bank is in trouble, people start to move their money out, which forces them to sell those bonds an realize that loss, and then they collapse.

It’s completely absurd, it’s like “public fear” is an attack vector to the banking system. That is why the government is now stepping in all over the place, with their hand on the money printer to ensure everyone that things will be fine.

But because they say they will only save system relevant banks, and are extremely hesitant to define what that means, people are naturally afraid to leave their money in smaller banks, because the probability that they are not covered is much higher.

So it is entirely possible, that we will see more smaller banks collapse and everything consolidate into just a few big banks that people think are system relevant. But this will be so big that one of them collapsing may completely overwhelm the bank insurance funds and even the government.

I actually hope it will stabilize again. It would be a massive disaster if this all collapses.

2 Likes

ETH though you’re right I do not know what I am talking about/

Sorry you’ve lost me, what is your point?

I took the comment “Everyone is free to join this conversation.” and had tried to jump into the thread at which point all I could possible add to said conversation is ETH (which is not a NFT) and still ballz up the invite.

/
To be fair it also strengthens your comment “it doesn’t make much sense in being involved if you don’t know what you’re talking about”

I don’t smoke, it’s bad for my health. You should not entice anyone to commit a criminal offense punishable by up to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both. I don’t think that’s what these forums are for, you should stop saying those things. Google “incitement”. And check out your local laws! ( Drug Offences | The Crown Prosecution Service )

Funny you keep on claiming that I do not know about crypto as anyone can just scroll up and make up for themselves whether or not you are telling the truth.

Thank you for your contribution. And you did not ask people to commit crimes or give shady “financial advise”. You post is actually a very decent one.

1 Like

Well that is what’s apparent when I read what you type, you fail miserably to acknowledge people use bitcoin for higher security retail purchases, some very large professional retailers do accept bitcoin and have plans to accept forms of crypto as payment in the future. Lots of businesses are seriously investing in software designs that will advance crypto.

Your view that it’s all a scam is ignorant to all of these facts which is where I find major fault in what you are saying.

No lies here, I’m not afraid to try new ways of earning money and report my findings, even though my mining operation is no more I still enjoyed the experience. I’m unsure why you think i’m not telling truths as you can very easily confirm what I’ve said.

Scrolled up and found out that he is telling the truth. Now what?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m fully aware scammers use crypto to scam people, and scammers have created crypto coins and block chains paid youtubers to promote it and then sold all of their coin and dissappeared.

There was a campaign to get normal people to buy and hold Bitcoin to give the mistaken impression that it’s booming when in reality it isn’t. And then we have Sam Bankman Fried and his friends stealing billions in crypto. Talk about these things and you get my full 100% agreement, these are scams.

All of this still does not mean BTC itself is a scam. much of the public have listened to the greedy people saying “Bitcoin is about to take off in value” when it isn’t. Bitcoin is simply a method of exchanging value in a secure way which does have advantages, when it is used properly it is of benefit, if it is abused then it’s a matter for authorities.

Really? You did fall for that one easily.

So it’s like VISA or Mastercard? But not as safe. Ok.
If you don’t think it is, I’ll quote your statement

[quote=“Aaron, post:1407, topic:346814, username:Aaron”]
Feel free to browse the blockchain, pick any random transaction and then go ahead and find the name, address and telephone number of the person who initiated that transaction and let me know how you get on.[/quote]
Replace blockchain with bank transfers… oh well, you can’t even see what transactions I do pseudonimously, lol. See, your claim is wrong. You might not understand economy or banking or both.

PS: Do not tell me the data as that would be another crime called doxing… I can see your need for not using legal systems as in the last 50 posts you enticed people at least twice to commit crimes.
So yes, crypto is for people who can’t control themselves and commit crimes but require a system that will not report their criminal financial transactions to the ‘evil’ government which needs money for schools and hospitals and to house the actual poor. We all were rebelling kids but one day, you too will have to grow up.

Ok, just be aware there is factual info about Bitcoin which can be found on google if you care to look.

a simple google search “which retailers accept crypto”

Is your point that Microsoft, Amazon and Etsy are using scams to allow consumers to pay for goods/services? You’ve seriously lost me I am confused.

You think credit cards are save?

The way they work is basically like “Here is my private key, please take my money. I trust the numbers for the money you charge me on that display of the device that is completely under your control are accurate”

It’s literally boomer tech. There is nothing secure about it. The only reason why it kinda works is because everyone who uses such a card pays for the extremely huge and inefficient meat-based error correction apparatus it has to maintain along side it to handle (not fix) the fraud that inevitably happens.

And maybe you feel protected as a customer, because you most of the time get your money back if someone steals your money because of how this brain dead system works. But ask any merchant, they are usually not so lucky. Credit card fraud is basically a cost of business on their end, because the almighty credit card duopoly doesn’t care and they know full well that they can squeeze their balls because the merchant will lose customers if those credit cards are not an option.

Bitcoin and Lightning solve all this with technology. It’s simply automating all that overhead by implementing a digital payment system that actually works with instant finality.

It doesn’t matter what you think about Bitcoin, in the end its a more efficient automated system that replaces an archaic boomer system with lots of humans involved. They can’t compete. It’s only a matter of time.

No, my point is that you can’t defend crypto without having to resort to make up things I clearly did not say. That and the fact you are trying to entice people into committing crimes does not make you the best person to advocate for shady stuff. Or maybe it does? Hmm…

I see, yeah… ehm, so you claim there are no victims over in crypto world… wow, great technology…

And secondly you claim that if anyone would steal crypto and pay with it, the poor merchant would not be the victim? Hmm, “intradasting”, where do you get those out of whack completely insane examples that can easily be proven false? That might work on the Bitcoin forums but not here.

So yes, I think what you two stooges post very funny and entertaining things. But I guess it’s at the expense of the victims of those who got scammed (or in your interpretation invested) out of their earned money by the crypto mania.

Like CBDC? :smiley: You would not like that kind of eh… exact technology you are defending… weird huh?

You are very good at rephrasing and redefining words. But crime is crime. Stealing from the masses, no matter how complex the scheme, happens. But at least be honest about it.

There is a question mark after the statement, which oddly enough makes it a question which means I don’t know the answer. I’ll quote myself for you;

Do you have an answer for this question and anything further to add to that answer because I am confused with what you’re saying and would like to understand you.

To be crystal clear for you I’m not making up anything you said, I am considering the result of your “it’s a scam” viewpoint and asking you a question based on that.

This is a very silly convo on your part, your view is it’s a scam but it seems you want to ignore the fact laws are made for crypto and plans are in place for major retailers to accept it, crypto exchanges are being forced to become more transparent and the genuine ones are happily complying. I’m confused about what you want to achive here and I can only conclude you want to add more confusion than there currently is. It’s untoward of you to type in this way.