NFT's are Fundamentally a MLM-Type Scam Designed to Get You to Buy Crypto

Yes, we’ve had them for a very long time as you can see. If the government needed quick money I would have been more than happy to lend it to them just as millions of others would have been. This Gordon Brown sold the foundation out of the UK, there isn’t much left to build upon. This is very poor management of our money which is based on fact. You seem shocked and surprised people are seeking a different way.

So the US can’t meet it’s payments unless it borrows more money (from itself?) How on earth did it reach this point? If a deal is not reached then the salaries of federal and military employees. Social Security cheques, pension payments will all be affected badly.

I don’t think this debt creation method is working well at all.

Not in this case. They just invented something like “emergency law” to justify their actions and decisions that they are actually not be authorized to take.

That’s quite a claim, can you back it up with facts?
I can find the emergency law about the COVID thing from 2020 ( Fedlex ) , maybe you confuse both?

At its meeting of 11 March, the Federal Council decided to increase humanitarian aid to Ukraine and the wider region to CHF 80 million.

The Swiss government is seeking parliamentary approval to send CHF140 million ($151 million) in further humanitarian aid to Ukraine and Moldova. Why would they lie about that if they have an emergency law?

Why do you keep on speaking like there is some kind of conspiracy that apparently is so big your government is hiding it yet you know of it, oh no! Right when I was reading up on your theories a Swiss government helicopter flew over my house! :smiley:

Rich people avoiding paying their due taxes mostly, so no, crypto is not the major cause but it’s still quite a tool for those who want to make the government weak and the small club of rich 'fils a papa’s rich.

You actually believe that?

That link I sent of Gordon Brown selling half the UK’s gold a while back was not cause for concern then? Can you really not see that many governments around the world make lots of poor decisions which ultimately affect the little guy?

When Bitcoin was created the goal was to try and solve privacy issues, this is evident from the type of community who publicised that they have been working on this privacy issue since the late 70s. Now, what I think has happened is Bitcoin turned out to be one of the most logical systems ever created which highlights many existing problems in society.

I’m not saying Bitcoin will solve all of the problems, what I’m saying is this is the first time in history that the pulic has had access to a system such as Bitcoin with its features, like secure wallet only 1 user can access, value transfer, low transfer fees.

I also like the effect it has had on devoping areas of the world, many of the people there say it has saved them time from having to do 3 hour long journeys to pay a bill, it’s now done on a smart phone. You and I have enjoyed similar features since we were children but to some people in the world this is still very new. I can appreciate there is going to be different views on Bitcoin as we all lead different lives and will obviously have wildly different perspectives.

Bitcoin has given many people in the world a voice, and it has prompted schemes to bring internet to remote areas of the world where it is needed. I’m the type of guy that will always respect anything that helps the little guy move forward. If Bitcoin really can help the poor man in a developing world secure and organise finacial assets then I salute it.

You claim I don’t understand Bitcoin, I did bitcoin in 2010 and I stopped when I saw where it was going, and that was a bad place. A neo-dark age.

Privacy issues like … Facebook? Twitter? YouTube? Or online payments? Big tech has removed your privacy for profit. They won’t give your data to the government though, they give it to “the people with good intentions”, who pay them a ridiculous amount of money…

You (or someone else but I’m sure I could look it up) claimed Bitcoin would save people from the inflation. It did not.

You claim Bitcoin is decentralized. It’s not.
Without mincing words, economists at the Bank for International Settlements concluded that there is a “decentralization illusion” that is “due to the inescapable need for centralized governance and the tendency of blockchain consensus mechanisms to concentrate power.” And of course, many of the crypto businesses that have emerged over the past decade make no pretense of decentralization: centralized exchanges, wallet providers, and stablecoin issuers, for example, are all critical players in the crypto ecosystem. Many of these intermediaries are simply new (and often unregulated) equivalents of what already exists in traditional finance.

You claim Bitcoin is privacy. It’s not.

One does not equal many. That was the guy who wanted to buy vegetables for $2 and got for $1… go figure. Another example on how you keep claiming things you KNOW FOR A FACT ARE WRONG. You know those people lost their privacy with that wallet and most of people no longer use it.

the token remains more than 50% lower than an all-time high in 2021 If anyone made a profit, it’s the gang around president Bukake or whatever that ‘tyrant loved by the people’ is named. If that is your interpretation of ‘the little guy’. Which I guess would be measured by you in height, so yes, Bukake is a few centimeter ‘littler’ than Joe Biden.

You claim Bitcoin is for the “poor” person. In your defense a lot of poor people became even poorer, but a lot of rich individuals became much richer. Then the ironc rebuttal is “yes, like in real life” so you are hoping to change and existing bad system with another bad system and claim it will be good but cannot state anything besides you making profit off it, well until the time you had to shut down operations.

Dude, you elected that guy in office, his advisors were like “Gold value fluctuates hard due to one rich person playing with it, we should get rid of it.” and he decided to sell it yet lost around £100 million. Sad but if it enabled trade, profit and taxes, it would not have affected ‘the little man’ much. Is there corruption? Sadly yes, will crypto increase that number? Certainly, yes. None of this has anything to do with “Crypto will solve it” but with “Man, that’s a nice business you have here, would be sad if someone smashed in it’s window… you could however make a small investment in BTC and insure your windows are protected.”

Whoever it was I think it would have been “could” not “would”. If I look at bitcoin logically it’s user base will keep on growing (I think it will take a good 20 to 30 years for this to happen) There is still a possibility that it could be used to protect from inflation.

Bitcoin has a value against fiat currency, so one must first have a strong understanding of this. We must also understand that if there is nobody to pay the fiat value of the Bitcoin (a crypto exchange) then the system won’t work, I’m starting to look at Bitcoin as an add-on to the fiat system which helps to keep the fiat system organised.

My opinion of Bitcoin has evolved somewhat, Anyone investing in it now with the goal of profiting from the value increase may have to pass that responsibility onto their child or grandchild. The people using it as a store of value would also need to be careful due to crypto exchanges ability to actually pay out fiat equal to the Bitcoin presented. If nobody is capable of paying out fiat for BTC then does BTC really have value?

I didn’t vote for him.

1 Like

I think it is poor management the path to accessing it was too easy and it seems there was no one speaking for the people. taxes could have been raised by a tiny % to achieve that 100m easily, if it had been explained to us and we had been asked to help many would have been happy to, I would have thought selling gold was an absolute last resort after every other plan was exhausted.

You might be right, as we saw with the FTX scandal it was the fiat money SBF was after, the crypto was just a tool used to obtain the fiat money and gain easy access to it. If Bitcoin was incorporated into governments this type of problem would still exist.

I’ve not had any experience of managing millions on behalf of a business, I’d imagine transfer fees aren’t cheap though, do you have any experience of this?

1 Like

Here is an English article I found about it.

“emergency law” means there is no actual law that gives them the right to do this. They made the decision in an emergency and now they retroactively try to make it “lawful”.

And it pretty much doesn’t matter what the parliament says. Even if they try to force a public vote, what are they gona do if the public says no? They already spoke the credit, there is no way back now anyway, no matter what.

You aren’t one of the “Maritime laws” guys, I guess. But anyways If your government can’t define budgets, why are they even there? Also, they decided to protect banks and avoid them from failing, so I understand that you are angry that you claimed “All banks will fail” and poor people will loose their 14 million then see your government save the ‘poor’ people and… you are also angry. I don’t think anything except the complete removal of any authority is good enough for you. Do you have any clue how your country would fare if the banking system in it would fail? Most probably Open World PVP like in EVE Online but you can’t respawn or clone… this is real life, not a game.

This feels like it’s the main issue when discussing with you. You just constantly project and assume all sorts of ideologies, affiliations and opinions on everyone you talk too and then build your case on that assumption.

I haven’t said anything that even remotely should make you believe this, yet you postulate it anyway and then attack it and take a victory leap. That’s called a straw man argument, and it’s a pretty poor way of conducting a conversation.

All you do is attack your own stupid ideas

I try and assume what your goal is. You keep on posting and moving the goalpost away from NFT to BTC then to a laugable presumption of “evil bankers” (while you can’t stop promoting one) and “evil government” (who try and get through a crisis situation without letting people suffer too much). You don’t offer a better solution than the government but a wors one. Once you get exposed as a peddler of a bad product, you start and try to say “Aedaxus is stupid” which I find funny as it shows your character.

https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/158/treasury-committee/news/195246/consumer-cryptocurrency-trading-should-be-regulated-as-gambling-treasury-committee-says-in-new-report/

About time.

“(…) cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin have no intrinsic value and serve no useful social purpose, while consuming large amounts of energy and being used by criminals in scams, fraud and money laundering.”

1 Like

If people see Bitcoin only as an investment where it’s only purpose is to profit then yes of course they would see it as gambling, the only trouble is it’s not just a tool for profit. It is a digital token that was generated in a specific way, due to the specific way it was generated it is a trusted token that gives the holder an indication of a fiat value associated with it.

What we may find in the future is large businesses choosing to use these tokens like Bitcoin to buy/sell services to each other then at the end of the day or week the tokens are exchanged for fiat money.

I remember in the old days of the uk we had this thing called mail order, If I wanted to buy something from certain retailers they would request something called a “Postal Order” so I would see something I wanted in a magazine which costed £99.99 for example, then I would go to a post office and purchase £99.99 worth of postal orders which were bits of paper with values on them made out to a specific company, I would send the postal order along with my order form via post then a few weeks later I’d get my item in the post. The seller then takes their 99.99 in postal orders and exchanges it at their local post office for £99.99.

So the Post Office created their kind of currency where the receiver is guaranteed the value on the postal orders when presented. This is a logical process and I view Bitcoin as the digital representation of this old school process.

I just think we need to come off of this “Bitcoin is only for trading/investment” view many of us are stuck on, It’s intended purpose was simply the private transfer of value between 2 parties, it’s important to have your tin foil hats on and simply use things like Bitcoin for it’s intended purpose and outright ignore any other crap.

If you have no use for bitcoin with regard to privacy or cutting out 3rd parties then that’s fine, leave the community who actually do use it for privacy purposes alone, last time I checked it’s not illegal for 2 strangers to do a transaction without a 3rd party let them use it to transfer their value in the way they want to.

TL:DR: keep your nose out of Bitcoin and ignore it if you don’t have any privacy concerns or 3rd party concerns during transactions.

That’s how it is presented. That’s how it’s advertised. That’s how it’s sold.

But that’s the reality : it’s presented as an high-profit investment. Therefore, as a ponzi.
It’s intended use was to be a PoC. Nothing more. Just like Nobel expected dynamite to reduce the impact of wars.

1 Like

Which is a manipulation, we are listening to the wrong people which is why I suggested putting on our tin foil hats. This initiative was created by the greedy trader looking to make £2billion profit in one year and not by the actual creator of Bitcoin. You’re not alone, I was also tricked into this way of perceiving Bitcoin.

Yes, it is presented this way by people interested in making lots of profit, they aim to drive the scarcity level of Bitcoin up so that in theory the value will rise and they will make profit. The key here is still understanding, if we had a better understanding of what the creator of Bitcoin intended it for then It wouldn’t be like this.

Unfortunately rich traders got hold of Bitcoin and managed to convince many people to buy it, It is safe to completely ignore these people and only use Bitcoin when a retailer you are dealing with requests Bitcoin, or when you have a privacy concern about some of your transactions.

One thing I am happy about is that the whole world should now be able to see that Bitcoin won’t work as an investment that can make profit quickly.

So the important thing is : it is a scam.
Just because YOU are not trying to scam other people, does not mean that once those people will become interested they won’t become preys of scammers.

You can enjoy techs, have interesting social hopes, be genuine about it ; since it can be used as a scam, it WILL and people need to KNOW it. Hiding its scam nature is the same level of responsibilities as promoting a scam.

1 Like

So if you create something say a device or process and you have a valid legal use for this device or process, then I come along and start using it for questionable things…Does this make the original item you created a scam?

We both know the answer, no, it does not.

The key thing is that people should really be listening to you because you created the device, they shouldn’t be listening to me say “invest in this, you can become a millionaire by next month”

Honestly, I think it’s a sad world where someone can’t even create a private financial network where the tokens belonging to this network indicate a fiat value without it being called a scam. In my opinion this is a valid business idea.

Again, you are stuck on “Bitcoin is only an investment”, A person who has privacy concerns can buy £50 worth of Bitcoin and use it to buy something from a retailer that accepts Bitcoin. I’m not sure how this makes someone “interested” as you put it. Once the buyer has sent the BTC and got the item the transaction is complete, there is nothing there to be interested in.

Anyone can become a victim of scammers in any type of industry, this is why it’s important to listen to the right people. Lets do some real talk here, we should all know by now money simply doesn’t come easy sometimes one has to really put the work in, ANYONE approaching me with an investment scheme will get fully investigated and the industry they are trying to get me involved in will be fully investigated with a fine tooth comb before any money is transferred.

1 Like

NFT is not a scam.

Guaranteed to double your money.

Only on ethical blockchain though