Nice sale event!

They always were 50k.

1 Like

Alpha skill injectors have a 50k SP default, again it seems you’re thinking of small skill injectors.

There are three types of skill injectors. Large (the regular ones), which can be split into 5 small skill injectors. And then there are Alpha skill injectors.

I don’t know if Alpha skill injectors follow SP diminishing returns like the other two but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Omega can’t use alpha injectors. Was curious and just tested it to see. Nope. It says alphas only in the item description but I thought I’d see (for science of course).

1 Like

unlike, large or small injectors, the alpha doesn’t mention anything about diminished returns when using it.

so that would lead one to believe, that as long as you are alpha, you get the full 50, since that is supposed to be the equivalent of one days worth of skill points.

So does it follow that these SP cannot be extracted if they can only be used by an Alpha?

only omega level skills can be extracted. so if an alpha that went omega and back to alpha wants to extract battleship skill, they can only extract L5 they cannot extract L4
at least thats my understanding

Yeah, and these Alpha pods can only be applied to Alpha-allowed skills, yeah?

You cant gain levels in things that you cant use, right?

the alpha injectors can only be used by alpha… so when my omega drops tomorrow, i will be eligible to use the alpha injectors… once i go back to omega, i cannot use them. i see what you are saying though, so yes they can be injected as an alpha, but when you go to omega, you can apply them however you want.

I know Im asking whats probably an obvious question, that doesnt answer it though lol.

An Alpha cannot apply SP to Omega skills, can they?

Edit: just saw your edit.

So ok. I just need to let an omega laspe, inject the points, then resub and apply them to an Omega skill?

no. they can inject the skills into the unallocated skill bank, but they cannot inject into an omega skill… now. if they don’t use the unallocated, and they go omega, then the SP can go anywhere.

Ok… So is this really cheap isk?

1 Like

last i recall, they were 45-55m isk . at least ichooseyou is selling them in that range

That’s not what I found when I dropped some unused alts to 5 million SP.

Injectors have diminishing returns. Buying SP packs from CCP doesn’t. So why would you buy extractors to turn into injectors that nobody will buy?

Of course they’re running a two for one sale. Squeeze that last bit of cash from the ignorant before they realize the days of SP farming for ISK are long dead and buried.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

from what i read, only omega level can be extracted, so maybe an alpha cannot extract actual Omega skills that they cannot train at all.

It depends on the clone state, I only ever extracted when the clones were omega.

An Omega clone can apply SP to and extract SP from any skills, period, no restrictions except cannot drop below 5.5m total SP and still use an extractor (cannot extract to below 5m SP, so much have at least 5.5m to extract).

An Alpha can inject as many SP as they want, however, they can only:

1. Apply SP to Alpha skills
  2. Extract SP from Omega skills

This keeps players from leveraging referral bonus SP to get extractable SP without ever going Omega.

There is also not a hard SP cap for Alpha accounts. Every time the 20m figure has been referenced by CCP it was in regards to Alpha-trainable skills (so functional SP), not as a limit on the SP an Alpha account can have/inject.

4 Likes

5mil SP.

I clarified the wording to what I was trying to communicate.

1 Like

Because it’s more efficient to inject until you have 80 million skill points:

1 Like