Ninja moon Miners

So 4bn seems high, but you may have been able to negotiate- or allowed them to enjoy the benefits. I know of someone else that wanted a moon drill on an R64 moon, but had to pay a local Corp 1bn per month to not have it blown up (this was worth it to him).

I feel you as it sucks to loose a structure, or an expensive ship - but I also realize that if I’m out numbered, I may have to start negotiating, working with the locals, hire help or consider moving to another system.

1 Like

Did it ever once work ?

I have examples of R54 that produce 70B worth per month. Without rig.It’s a pain to install, and mine, though.

What would you have suggested to the OP?

Doubt it.

Extractions are 20K m3/hr, a 720 hour extraction of a 100% monazite moon (about 2195 per m3 with t1 ath refine) would only yield about 32 billion (plus a bit for +15%s). Even a jackpot would fall short of 70.

You get a little closer with t2 tatara refine and extraction rigs (still only on a jackpot), but I very much doubt that moon exists.

1 Like

interesting. I checked the value again and you’re right.

IIRC the proportion was like 30% monazite …

Just checked and it’s 20% monazite. Seems I made a mistake in the reprocessing yield ^^

My b it’s because I had the values of several moons …

ty

Per moon it’s 8B per 250H of extraction, for the lowest. So 23B per month for the lowest athanor, without rig.

Diplomacy is part of the game, u didn’t think to do any research on the system before putting up ur structure?

I did some yes, but finding out which scumbags try to rip you off i don’t know where to find that info :slight_smile:

Ok, well this is what I would have done.

On finding a suitable system for my structure I would spend at least a few days scouting it and the surrounding systems within a few jumps at least. I would note the toons that are in local and something like PySpy to work out if they are PvP’rs, miners, PvE’rs etc.

At the same time I would note each structure and the corp/alliance that owns them. Use zkillboard on those systems to see who is active and what they are doing. I would then do some solo mining in that area so that ur name is known. if I found a fleet I might approach them to see if I could mine with them, if not then at least have a chat about the state of the area, find out the major players etc.

Once u have a good general knowledge maybe approach structure owners to see if there are any objections, whether some alliance claims system ownership and wants a permit payday. None of this is a sure thing but considering the investment needed for a lowsec structure and the risks I would consider it due-diligence.

Alternatively, get PvP gud and defend :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Cool that is good info.

I have been there and mined, i have looked at some other stations, the people that i did get the “pay us” mail from seems to be killing a system close by.
System itself seems fairly calm when i look at zkill.

In short, no, not passively.

Those “rocks” are public. You don’t own them just because you put up an Athanor. Mine it before anyone else gets to it, make efforts to extend your diplomatic contacts to prevent it from happening, or go to war.

Eve was built in a manner to allow you to respond to the situation appropriately if you choose to do so.

Sir, how do you wardec an NPC corp or a corp without a structure.

Please give me a step by step instruction.

Thank you.

this topic has already been answered in other threads. You don’t own rocks because you anchored the athanor. If people come and you want to get rid of them, options include bump them, suicide gank them, hire mercenaries, mine rocks before they can come and mine it, etc…
You don’t OWN the roids. as said by angus…

This is the cost involved when you’re in highsec.
These troubles don’t appear in lowsec or nullsec.
CONCORD doesn’t allow for a proper competitive environment.

So, the simple answer really is: Go to lowsec.

I’m not trying to be snarky or anything. Just trying to point out that this is basically the natural cost you have to accept when being in highsec … and it’s actually ■■■■■■■■. It’s a huge amount of ■■■■■■■■ and it smells through every single highsec system.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.