HS moon mining thieves

So honest question here. I have my Corp set up on 5 moons in one system to start mining weekly. So one of the moons popped and literally as soon as we broke the chunk a dude in 6 orcas shows up and deployed out in the belt and took over 70% of ark/crok. I tried talking to him and he promptly blocked me. Wouldn’t respond on local. Is in a player Corp with just those pilots. Can’t war dec them.

I need some creative ideas to get them to move on to other systems.

As of now I’m getting ready to fit up and purchase about 200 catalysts and suicide gank the Miningdrones 2. Drone cost over 2m where these catalysts fit with the meager dps needed for drone killing is 700k.

I’m also going to be stopping and restarting the extraction cycle randomly and will not be creating a regular schedule so he can’t just get comfy. The idea being stashing 6 orcas in a system and getting them routinely in our belts becomes frustrating (blue balls).

But anyone else have any thoughts? I can’t come close to taking out an orca in high sec.

4 Likes

Hire someone to gank him.

7 Likes

You’ve tried diplomacy, so I definitely second the idea of ganking something. How many hitpoints do those drones have?

6 Likes

Putting the fact that HS and mining are meh aside…

• Stock up on catalysts and pay someone to suicide-gank them
  • Oversized prop mod bump omen, 10000m/s with overheat. You will need a BM 100-150k away to get up to speed ans several of those since it’s 5 orcas…

[Omen, bump]

Overdrive Injector System II
Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

500MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
[Empty Med slot]
[Empty Med slot]

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Medium Engine Thermal Shielding I

7 Likes

Seems like an unintended consequence of the Wardec changes. If there is no reasonable counterplay CCP will need to make adjustments - perhaps stealing ore (like stealing loot) should earn a suspect flag.

Bumping the Orcas would be my preference in the meantime - a Machariel can bump an Orca beyond drone control range which should let you scoop the drones!

12 Likes

Previously these 6 Orca characters would be in an NPC corp, zero reasoning to bring in the wardec changes, so no real argument there.

Agree on the rest of the post, deal with them the way you would have dealt with NPC corp miners, bump/gank.

6 Likes

Good luck with those “adjustments”… maybe a year from now.

2 Likes

good luck ganking those orcas.
With 400k ehp you need a total of 400k/24 = 16.7k dps in .5.
that’s 24 700 DPs catalysts. 28 catalysts with 600 DPS. take 30 to have more chance.

your best chance is to bump the orca off the grid, that is 10k km, so as to disconnect his drones.
or sacrifice an ecm griffin ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/5p5rgq/psa_how_to_steal_excavator_mining_drones/ ) if it works.

1 Like

Banned in Hi-Sec > True
No booshing either.

1 Like

that’s why I said bump the orca and not boosh the excavators

2 Likes

Dude in six Orcas.

Was this person MarkeeDragon, the well known eve twitch streamer? That’s his MO exactly.

Also, won’t suicide ganking negatively affect your security status?

1 Like

I was referring to the link, you can’t use jump field generators in Hi-Sec.
(it doesn’t work)

1 Like

Not that could tell.

I honestly don’t really care as much about security status. What I’m really hoping for is he misclicks with recalling drones or doing something and inadvertently flags an orca yellow/red so I can lock it up from the athanor and fire the standup hardware.

1 Like

yeah and in this link it says >250km and then jam the excavators, FWIW.
I *obviously * did not put this link to advice HS people to boosh orcas’ drones…

1 Like

I didn’t say the orcas I said the drones. No kidding u can’t kill orcas in 0.5. That’s why this Arse is doing this.

1 Like

Sounds to me that you need to hire some mercenaries to protect your investment pretty simple or do it yourself but that means you get off a bunch of guys in a corporation to do it but with five moons I think you got a good bit of invested invest in some protection

2 Likes

YOU did no talk about ganking the orca, but other people did.

1 Like

this is incorrect

1 Like

which part, exactly ?

1 Like

True but then this NPC Corp mining theif is at least subject to that 11% tax rate among other.

1 Like