Noctis Fitting

And I tell you that most of the time, the benefit is zero. Just thinking of getting them out, press F, and then getting them back is a waste of time. Your salvagers will eat the wrecks before them.

if benefit is not zero, that’s an accident. It means that you doze off while targeting the wrecks, or let several salvagers idle.

I’ve salvaged lots of anoms in NS, and most of the time the drones are … well worthless.
Actually, you can even use hyper rigs and go faster at salvaging several pockets. because when you take 10s to align, 30s to warp in, 1s to loot the mtu, 1s to scoop the mtu, 40s to salvage, 10 s to align, 30 s to warp out, most of the time is actually spent in warp.
(30s is for 5AU jumps. for 30AU jumps it’s 39s)

1 Like

With the other fit, you are salvaging 8 wrecks at a time and completing it so fast that I’ve found salvage drones to be a waste.

They salvage very slowly, have a poor chance to succeed, and setting them to auto salvage puts all five on a single wreck, causing you to waste cycles from the drones if one succeeds.

1 Like

Good to know, I guess they aren’t worth it for Noctis salvaging then.

My experience with salvage drones comes from after-pvp-fight-cleanup in a warp-stabbed exploration frigate. It’s relatively safe even with hostiles on grid due to the warp stabs and frigate align speed, while the salvage cycle bonus and huge cargo bay of the explo frigates are perfect for salvaging. Downsides are the small target range because of the stabs, and the fact that wrecks are everywhere instead of nicely gathered around a MTU.

In that situation, I find salvage drones to be invaluable. My ship takes on the higher tier wrecks with salvage rigs, while the drones take the rest.

This is fine, but you’re not getting the additional target locks from the Signal Amplifiers. My fit gives you an additional +6 locks. While that will often exceed the total number of locks most people will have skills for, it still allows you to pre-lock additional wrecks in preparation for the next salvaging cycle.

This doesn’t really mean anything for a ship that should never be getting caught in the first place, unfortunately.

This also doesn’t really mean much since the 10mn Afterburner effectively sets the align time to 8 seconds. If you want an improvement from the 1 cycle afterburner trick, you’d have to get your align time to below 8 seconds.

You survive mostly because the people remaining on grid don’t care to kill you.

The time it takes for you to launch, send the flight over, wait for them to salvage, fly back, and return will pose a great risk to anyone who cares enough to shoot at you. You have to remember it takes 10 seconds for them to attempt a salvage cycle, not counting travel time. Whereas a fully skilled Exploration frigate will finish their cycle in 7.5 seconds with the hull bonus.

Cycle time may be lower for the frigate, but you don’t account for travel time. Wrecks after a pvp battle aren’t next to eachother and if my ship can fly to one wreck and salvage it while my drones fly to another, that’s a significant increase in amount salvaged.

Salvage drones aren’t worth much. If someone is about to catch me I warp away leaving the drones behind. Warp back later and reconnect, or grab new drones. No problem here.

You’re correct that most people won’t care to kill me, that’s why it’s effective. Sometimes people do try, but then you can play a game of cat and mouse. You’re in a fast aligning warp stabbed frigate so they’ll have a hard time catching you. May not be the most effective way to make ISK, but it’s fun.

Ok man, I don’t really care to argue this point.

You have your personal preferences, I have mine. You seem to really like them, so keep using them. I don’t understand why you need to get so defensive about this.

1 Like

Sorry if that came across as defensive, it was meant as an open discussion about possibilities of salvage drones. And if there’s one thing I learned from this discussion, I now know it’s not really worth bringing the salvage drones to a MTU site when in a Noctis. :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s the fit that I use, Have yet to lose it, and I used this in Null and High…

[Noctis, Salvager]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II

Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II

174 mil.

2 Likes

OK. Since I’m not online it’s a sketch outline of my Noctis: Henry. It’s a casual highsec cleaner of wrecks - I’m a relaxed player rather than screwing out the last ISK/hour.

High: six tractors and two salvagers.
Mids: two large shield extenders.
Lows: DC2 and a couple of Reinforced Bulkheads
Rigs: 3x defence field extenders.
5x salvage drones.

I use her to tidy up after missions. She’s built around tank (you’d not guess!) - about 40k EHP rather than grinding. I put the drones out on repeated salvage and pull in the wrecks for them, using my own salvagers if it’s a tougher wreck or I’ve got the time after wreck pulling.
I just gently drift along hoovering things up.

Swap a couple of tractors for salvagers and put light combat drones in the bay and she’ll do Level 2 security missions and tidy up afterwards.

In highsec tank does count. It makes you a harder, less tempting target for a ganker - though nothing beats situational awareness. In low or null I’d fit her differently - slipperier - through I’d be more inclined to go for a Coercer, cheaper and doesn’t look like an undefended whale industrial ship on d-scan.

2 Likes

No one told me how @Scoots_Choco got his fitting to be “scrollable” within the forums.

And because there are just so many options for formatting text in a reply I can see how it would be difficult to figure it out on your own… like I just did, look:

[Noctis, Viktor Salvage]

Damage Control II
Type-D Restrained Reinforced Bulkheads
Type-D Restrained Reinforced Bulkheads

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler

Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Mobile Tractor Unit x1

You can give a man a fish, or you can teach him to fish… consider this the first lesson :slight_smile:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

Since @Cypr3ss_Deteis decided to be a condescending asshole, I’ll tell you.

Highlight the text you want and use this option.

And you’ll be able to turn you message from this

into this.

If your message is long enough, it’ll automatically add a scrollbar.

[Noctis, *Simulated Noctis Fitting]
Signal Amplifier II
Signal Amplifier II
Signal Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Cap Recharger II

Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II
Salvager II

Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II
Medium Salvage Tackle II

Hornet EC-300 x5
1 Like

Lol, well that’s cause no one told me how to not be a

and so I just couldn’t ever have worked it out on my own…

If you could assist that would just be wonderful :smiley:

Edit: It’s twice as funny coming from you, as when you do it, it’s fine, but when I do, oh noes it’s teh horrible!! lol, you muppet.

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

That’s why @Scoots_Choco is #⓵!!!

i don’t think he was being condescending in that instance. he gave him his choices of what he can do.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.