Non-cloaked warp paths visible on d-scan

So in your second post in this thread you wrote:

This is actually an addition to another post in which I suggested curved warping

The whole thread exists as an addition to another idea to try to resolve one of its aspects.

It can’t be both an addition and not an addition at the same time.

So if I’m understanding this right, it’s basically just a visual aid to help find which direction a ship went (assuming it doesn’t include destination) when it warped off?

Essentially yes, to compliment another suggestion of his that ships should be able to take curved warp paths so they don’t have to align to warp and can warp off in directions completely opposite of their final destination

I don’t really like that second part, but alone a visible “warp trail” is actually pretty useful without adding anything drastically new (also saves me from having to flail the camera around to figure out which direction someone went).

What does a curved warp path have to do with eve becoming pay to win?

And do you need a hug? You seem to have a lot of pent up frustrations.

With all the technology available in EVE, it’s kinda odd that we still rely on the eyeball MK. I to determine in which direction a ship measuring many meters went.

It itself is in addition to another idea, but I have not added to this idea. :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone could use a hug. Nobody just hugs anymore :frowning:

Indeed, that is correct. However, by using the visible warp path(s) one would easily be able to deduce the destination.

The only reason this idea came about was do to it’s necessity if curved warping was to exist due to it’s unpredictable nature in the eyes of a pursuer.

And as you pointed out it’s useful in and of itself

I know right. It’s strange this feature wasn’t available long ago :confused:

Because it was never needed. If you want to warp non linear path, use non-inline warp points to form your route.

2 Likes

Frostys dear, the mechanic he seeks is in game already but we let him figure this out on his own :wink:

to be fair, that’s CCP logic right there…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.