Noob faction warfare

*hold out his tear cup*

Fill er up pls.

Imagine thinking you are good at the game because youkill T1’s in a faction frig. I’d be embarassed if I bragged about that, but you seem not to be… strange. You’re an F1 monkey in a frig.

1 Like

FW has some issues with the ship power creep. T1 frigates or just T1 ships in general are pretty much sad when it comes to pirate or faction ships of the same class.

Pirate and Faction ships are more like T1.5 ships vs T1 ships.

It has been suggested time and time again that Pirate and Faction ships be not aloud in plexes of the same size… so no faction frigates in a Novice plex. But this has fallen on deaf ears with the powers that be. Instead we get a drifter invasion in null that has its plug pulled when a group cries hard enough on Reddit and threatens to burn highsec.

1 Like

You mean those that drive the game…

They haven’t driven it in a good direction though. Null sec is awful at the moment. Drifters are the best thing to happen to null sec because drifters are the only thing that can attack goons in delve. Goons are to big for players to do anything against them anymore because of the size of their super umbrella. Unless NPC’s exist to throttle goons’ production then the problem only gets worse.

You mean like Thelma and Louise? Because SPOILER they drove off a cliff.

Please tell us how…I’m all ears…

…because of (A) the glut of ore and (B) the Rorq buff a while back. Both reasons lie at the feet of CCP, not the players. The Drifters are CCP’s semi-answer to this but it will blow-up, as predicted and just piss people off…

As much as I’d like this too, I’m not sure it’s possible.

Pirate and faction ships are T1, and the server and accel gates may not be able to tell the difference between them and a non-faction T1.

@Op

Everyone dies lots to begin with.

Persist with it. Fly cheap. Take the advice of veterens and try a few different things. Keep asking questions just like you are, vets are very forth coming if you want to pick their brain and even the people trying to kill you will often be happy to break down what happened during your fight and what you could have done differently.

As you get more familiar with the game and more experienced with ships and their fittings, it will eventually start to fall into place.

1 Like

I just looked and for frigates alone, assuming there are 2 main fits for each, that’t over 18,000 possible 1v1 battle combinations.

Nutty…

It is good. If you aren’t trolling.

Based on your zk, you had some clashes with NC/PL in Providence last year. You are able to fly a Heretic. Not bad, compared to my FW ALT.

Well, solo PVP or PVP between fleets with 2-3 random sub-Cruiser ships is different from big fleet (over 50 ships) PVP especially those under “Doctrine” format. A fleet doctrine allows very cheap fits, without high personal skills, to fulfill a good performance. Solo PVP, even in FW zones, requires near perfect ship skills and personal in game skills. There are different fit formats even, for example, with Hobgoblins you’ll not be able to hit like a half of available FW frigates. Yeah, as an additional level of difficulty, many skilled L-Sec dwellers using a set of powerfull implants, because the chance to be podded there is very low.

If you wanna do a frigate solo PVP, then train your frigate ship skills into Mastery V. Be prepared to use more T2 and Faction frigates because, compared to how it was a year or two ago, there are just too many faction and pirate ships in FW zones nowadays. Read frigate PVP guides. Those videos made by Suitonia and Jintaan on YouTube are very good. Also, go to Ammar/Minmatar FW zone - you’ll be less camped there. Moreover, those systems are frequently roamed by Jeby and Andy Virus, which is a great opportunity to get good fights without a case to be “blobed”. Want to increase your skills - fight versus stronger opponents and be preparede to lose a lot.

I’ll suggest to start with Destroyers and T1 Cruisers. They’ll grant a good performance with mediocore skills vs those faction and T2 frigates.

1 Like

Thanks for that advice. I was led to believe that skills and ships were not so important, but if everyone pours that much isk into their fights then I’ll have to accept that. Cruisers are what I would much prefer to fly anyway, I don’t get much excitement out of flying frigates.

How should I try to get fights in a cruiser solo without getting stomped?

If you jump to cruisers quickly, not only are you going to face the same RPS puzzle but it’s going to cost you WAY more plus you will big a juicier target for the normal LS pilots flying bigger ships…not to mention the SP issue.

Of course, fill your boots but be warned…heck even jumping to destroyers is no small step.

GL…

Personal PVP skills are more important than ship skill level until your opponents aren’t very skilled in game. It will let you to use any “invulnerable zones” (no matter its speed, transversal, distance, tank mode) to get better performance with weaker fit or ship. But in FW many pilots know what they are doing. Better ship skills grants to your ship more agility and speed, which allows to increase or close the gap a few seconds faster, which can decide the result of the battle. But more important are offensive skills. Without high offensive skills (ship + weapons) a frigate has relatively low dps compared to Destroyers and Cruisers.

You can start with a Destroyer to get good fights. The price is under 10M ISK. Without getting stomped? It’s a solo PVP skill to know when to rush and when to kite, scout and D-scan. Use a kiter MWD fit firstly (like a sniper Stabber) then try brawling dual-rep neut fits (like cheap Vexor, Navy Vexor, Ashimu). If you want to solo PVP, you have to keep in mind, that this ship was made to be destroyed in this fight, otherwise you aren’t a solo PVP gamer - you are a blober or a ganker.

2 Likes

Oh someone is butt hurt :rofl:

Your tears of worship are duly noted :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have been flying in FW for a couple of years now. I fly T1 destroyers a lot now… but at one time I only flew T1 frigates because I wanted fights. But seeing as many faction frigates and pirate frigates as I do I still dont find it fun to be in a plex in a Rifter, and have a succubus slide in on you and then say “gf” as your ship is wrecked… because that isnt even a close comparison. I can afford to fly 400mil isk bling fit frigates but I dont want to become that prick who does that to noobs just for the killmarks on my hull.

Now remove about 17,980 of those combinations and you will have the real number of viable 1v1 fights LOL.

Best comment I’ve read anywhere today. A lot of ruths this guy has.

Imagine how many more people would get into the Faction Warfare PVP if it had a player queue based on rank/ship class?

Wonder if there would come a time for changes to how this could work with a rating system that at the end of a season there are valued sort after rewards.

/

Like what if there was a selection of pre-fitted ships to choose from and that is what you use purchased before undocking from the NPC Faction or supplied to fly based on player standings.

Read this:

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/free-training-allow-me-to-help-you-or-your-corp-learn-pvp/36794

I’ve heard some of the shite in there is useful in 1 v 1 scenarios…

1 Like

That would be too RPS though…still complex mind you but then SP would be the issue. It never ends as you can’t have both a hyper complex game and a vacuum to run only some parts of it in.

In novice complexes you are limited to T1/faction frigates which is good enough as a limiting factor. At least you will quickly learn what ships to fight and which to run from.

1 Like