Not to sound all dramatic

Take their existence into account, as a part of the problem you’re set to solve (doing your ano or whatever). They just make it more interesting and less predictable for you → more fun, added motivation to undock.

1 Like

What you wanted to say was, ‘used to be a sandbox’…

3 Likes

I log in for the SP giveaway and collect crap - always Skins, everyday without failing it’s Skins. Skins in the morning Skins in the afternoon Skins in the evening Skins Skins Skins… OH and fireworks too.
I load all the crap and jettison it all into space :laughing:

After that I look at my assets and figure out what I need to do. Do I want to leave it all in the same station or not? What do I know? What don’t know? When is CCP going to make my home station “destroyed”?
I may log in one day and find out my home station doesn’t exist anymore due to some whim of CCP…

Day before yesterday I traveled to null sec as far in as I could and stopped where the npc stations got scarce, like none or one per system.
Was thinking I’d see what I could mine and daring some PvPer to jump me… It didn’t happen. Probably because I’m not a juicy target… not yet. They’re waiting for me to have a huge cargo load or an orca or… Won’t happen.
I will always have a corvette. I don’t see the point of buying anything at all in this game.

I visited some asteroid fields ( if you can call them that ) and casually started mining in my corvette… It got old very quick and avoiding nullsec npc got old too.

After spinning my ship a few times I logged off.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate.

2 Likes

Not really. I had other, more important engagements.

1 Like

@LunarGlow try joining faction warfare I see from your killboard that you do not have much pvp action and it might spark something in you that makes the game more enjoyable.

I would suggest going in cheap ships un-till you feel it out and get used to it, otherwise it will just get annoying if you are loosing expensive stuff each time.

1 Like

I get it, played for 3 years, done some things in hi/low/null/jspace but tbh I can’t be bothered any more …

4 Likes

OR it’s just not your type of game.

1 Like

Perhaps but that’s not what he’s saying. He is, in fact, not really saying much at all other than “I made some mistakes and they hurt” so there could be a myriad of reasons why especially with the “I bought a bunch of games and most suck”.

So lets not use projection or push one’s agenda :slight_smile:

2 Likes

lol… “you played the game for years, so jump into this low end activity to harvest n00b tears” This is seriously your argument for how a veteran should gain enjoyment from Eve? What kind of sociopath makes this argument?

1 Like

Eh, where did he say anything like that? “low end”, “harvest noob tears” wat?

The advice is actually solid, OP has a history of going into low sec but generally in bigger pve fit ships, and seemingly unprepared. The BEST way to learn how to survive low sec is to participate in the pvp part of it so you learn what works, what doesn’t and how to counter it. And doing so in cheapo t1 frigs is the way to go: cheap, cheerful and quite capable of getting kills or at the very least good fights.

Your reply is baffling imo.

1 Like

Again with the agenda, I never said or implied such a thing. There are many valid reasons for why a player doesn’t like EVE but that doesn’t somehow mean that the game is bad and CCP should change the game to cater to those people.

Looking at his posts and his Zkill he lost a BC in low sec and this is why he’s quitting. So what should CCP do about that?

1 Like

It is usually as you wrote, but there are very rare exceptions where I am around.

I helped alpha explorers to get stuff from sleeper cashes, ran sites with them too.

1 Like

I fail to see your issue. Some people don’t like some game so they quit. So what?

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure about the Null player part… But a game doesn’t die when it loses players. It dies when it can’t keep the new ones.

It would be interesting to draw charts for life expectancy of those players and what they were doing.

2 Likes

lol so the point of eve is to victimize new players? So why do new players join?

1 Like

It’s like you’re unwilling to read. The OP already GOES into low sec and has a history of going into low sec, just very unprepared. Also the OP isn’t a new player.

only read my post, and not the one I was replying to, which claimed victimizing n00bs was a good idea for a returning player.

You tell me, kid, what were they trying to say?

He might not be a vet (hard to tell) he started playing long ago but looks like he quit and started again lots of times only playing for short periods? https://zkillboard.com/character/1069760353/ you can see activity from here sort of, obviously it does not show high sec stuff.

He has almost no pvp action on his kb so fw might spark something in him that he might enjoy, its worth a try.

Also: “you played the game for years, so jump into this low end activity to harvest n00b tears”

What are you smoking, faction warfare has some of the most talented players or at least has had over the years. If you take an avg fw pilot and put them against 2 null sec dudes the fw dude will prob solo both.

2 Likes

The cup holders in titans fit 32 oz sodas.

4 Likes