Note from retired criminal

I don’t even enjoy normal PvP … let alone the type of PvP you are referring to.

You don’t need to try to convince me of your preferred playstyle. I’m sure i feel the same way of my personal preferred playstyle. We differ in taste…simple as that.

My point is that MY preferred type of playing is beeing the designated victim to your preferred type of playing. I can assure you my game doesn’t get any better with the existance of yours. On the contrary, it is keeping me from subbing!

Also, NPC baddies are less prone to the approach that @Rowdy_Ronny is referring to.

As i said earlier, PvP is fine and part of this game. If your type of PvP is important to the future of this game however remains to be seen.

1 Like

This would absolutely be a EULA violation. I had a buddy who was ransoming a wardec once and offered to let the target off if they sent a pizza to his house.

He was petitioned and reprimanded.

I didn’t open the links, but if it’s as nasty as you indicate, I would expect permanent ban as CCP response.

1 Like

I don’t judge you or have a problem with your play style.

I don’t understand your aversion to having enemies or share your vision of what a good game is.

I was in a mining corp recently that has never been wardecced and in the entire time I played with them, nobody bothered me.

I think a few predators on the field to temper my behavior would have been appreciated

Honestly, I don’t see any appreciable risk in the game anymore. (With the exception of auto piloting a freighter through Madrimille).

Do you disagree?

Blame the predators then. Some will probably disagree but if Wardeckers decide to sit in the pipe systems, newbie sectors and near trade hubs hoping that the victims get to them it’s their own fault.

Yes I am fairly new player. I haven’t seen the old and dangerous Eve you seem to have fallen in love with. In turn I’ve seen similar world with similar rules to PvP. Does Dark Souls ring any bells? Same general principle - you’re open to PvP invasion at any time when you’re in human form. And you’ll likely be since without it you can’t access Co-op or kindle bonfires which give you more healing items. And since game only checked for character level when matching players during Invasions, many players found enjoyment in using low level chars with high end gear against proper low level chars. Result were similar to what happens in eve when you attack miner or other non-pvp fitted character. And god forbid victim complained. Even worse if victim somehow win against invader but didn’t adhere to invader’s self imposed code.

Won’t lie. I’m a weird person who in PvP combat believes in concept of “Worthy” kill. Everything in LS and Null is fair game but I barely feel any joy of killing defenseless miner or ratter. Don’t feel remorse, no. No joy either though. Small ship roam though get my brain tingling. When you know you can die… This is the greatest joy for me. At least when PvP combat is involved. Outside that I’m a dirty risk averting carebear and I like it.

I know what you mean about a worthy kill. I one shotted a suspect in a Navitas in High Sec last night and it just felt empty and hollow. Those encounters are just too easy and not rewarding.

On the other hand, I suppose if I and many others spend our time in Rookie Help warning people about the risks involved when looting yellow containers and going supsect, then someone needs to come along and make that risk into a reality, because no NPC is going to do it.

If players ever stop being ‘mean’ to other players, the EVE universe will become a much duller place (and High Sec without the efforts of people like CODE already feels like Hello Kitty in space).

1 Like

LOL, this was hilarious, thanks for the links.

But what if there is a big audience for ‘hello kitty, in space’ waiting to open their wallets?

Hmmm … well, there probably is … :thinking:

Cue:

The thing is that ‘their kind’ is slowly getting served better as time goes by. At some point ‘their kind’ might find themselves on the opposite side of the fence.

At the end of the day it’s all about bills and wages that need to be paid.

Funny you should quote a Star Wars scene because only yesterday i decided to drop my sub money on SWtor. :nerd_face:
Among a lot of other space things i like… it’s PvP has an off-switch.

But maybe next year… who knows.

1 Like

Awesome! Now you can stop complaining about EVE’s PvP and go play that game instead!

This has already happened. This is what the whole thread is about.

There aren’t 2 dozen people left in highsec creating content on the scale of what we used to do.

I feel like the game has died. You feel like it’s still too dangerous…

2 Likes

Don’t i know it :slight_smile:

I fear they may have taken their ‘content making’ a tad too far. But the last content maker will only leave after the last ‘carebear’ smashed his keyboard in half. So you’ll still come out a winner… or do you?

The reason i chose SWTOR for now is mostly because EvE’s PvE sucks tbh. And a sucky PvE with a forced PvP looming over my head at every turn is not something i’ll pay a monthly sub for.

I fully understand your sense of loss, but ME paying cash to provide YOU with a victim is really out of the question.

2 Likes

Exactly this.

Why should CCP double down on something they “suck at”? Eve has always had inferior PvE. I don’t personally see that changing. Eve’s PvP, however, is an experience I have never seen matched in any game.

Do you think Eve can compete in the market of PvE MMO’s? I don’t.

Eradicating PvP means Eve isn’t good at anything… and what’s worse is that you destroy a unique masterpiece which may never be replicated.

Ps. You are only paying to be my victim if you are so dedicated to your own ineptitude that you refuse to be my adversary. Who plays to lose?

I’m willing to personally train you. With my training, I can say with honesty you will fear nobody. You might not always be able to win, but you’ll know the field and you will be able to best most of the PvP crowd.

2 Likes

Yeah, i can imagine it has some following.

Nope, it’s horrible :slight_smile:

I think the new intro is a tiny step in the right direction though.

My wish for EvE is that it gets glorious PvE and the same-ish PvP as in other games but that is a personal wish that will probably never see the light of day.

The freedom people had/have in PvP has led to horrible situations of which i have been a witness in two ocasions. You can glorify it all you want but behavior like that is downright wrong and should indeed be eradicated.

You make it sound as if disliking PvP is a birth defect or something.

I play to enjoy myself and not to win or lose from anyone.

I’m sure the internet is full of guides on how to ‘win’ in EvE PvP. I really couldn’t care less about it though.

EvE online is a beautiful game and i would love to spend time and money on it. But it’s PvP borders on the abusive and the PvE sucks.

My advise to the makers is to develop PvE and make an off-switch on PvP.

That is just my personal view on this game.

1 Like

It sounds as if there is literally no part of the game that you actually like, discounting the artwork. I’m almost confused as to how you have such strong opinions.

I like the artwork too.

However, my argument would be that Eve needs to hold onto their niche control of hardcore PvP because there is no way they are winning in the extremely competitive PVE market.

Businesses that turn their back on their core competency rarely survive.

As someone who once enjoyed the art of can flipping and other high-sec pvp shenanigans, I can relate to this thread. The turmoil between two parties that could be generated from these tactics brought quite a bit of excitement to the game. Even if it wasn’t desired by the other party, it did bring excitement.

Although I am not a fan of all of the changes that have occurred to high-sec pvp, I recognize the game’s need to evolve. The one change that really undermined conflict creation is that upon flipping a can and going suspect, the original can owner can take the contents from the new can without themselves becoming flagged. Thus removing the conflict over the resource.

Combined with the changes to the barges and the introduction of the Orca and venture, there are efficient ways to avoid can mining compared to the days of the Bantum or Iteron alt. Regardless of the above mechanic, the volume of opportunities has decreased substantially as a result of these changes.

Baiting mission runners was the next level of conflict generation. Although still viable, this was more ruined by the wide proliferation of the tactic 4 to 7 years ago resulting in a victim base that generally knows better.

As for wars, the prior system required thoughtfulness in your three available war decs. This also meant from the receivers side your frequency of conflict was low. The uniqueness of the event would solicit a response from the target with more regularity than it does today. The new system can yield fruitful results through volume, but the intimacy of the conflict is somehow diluted. Which is only further compounded by the loss of being able to track who is online.

There are pro’s and con’s between today’s conflict system and the old one. The opportunity to generate conflict in high-sec is rather unappreciated combined with a target base that has grown wise(ish) of available tactics creates a rather dull state of high-sec pvp. Patience and hard work can still yield opportunities, but the excitement and intrigue isn’t quite what it used to be.

The days of RAK and U-MAD produced many fond memories.

Luckily there are enough decent folk left that floppy dishrags like yourself won’t be taking over quite yet.

HTFU, tell WoW we insulted his mum and to meet us after school for a ruck.

Absolute total rubbish. You need to learn to separate real life from video games, as has been pointed out.

1 Like

There are parts that i like though, as you could/should have noticed if you read my posts. My ‘strong opinions’ are based on observation, experience and knowing what i like and dislike.

Turning a blind eye to the obvious isn’t gonna make em last long either.

I’m sorry if i hit a soft spot there Keno. Do calm down though lad. Namecalling is such a childish way of communicating … don’t you think?

Normal PvP aside, i am convinced that people that behave bad ingame tend to be bad IRL as well. Proof of that is in this thread and but a few posts back.

1 Like

The worst behaved people in Eve are generally those who can’t separate reality from fantasy, this group is often comprised of those who desire a PvP free experience; in short, your peers.

Irony in action.

2 Likes

You are wrong. Some of the kindest people i know are gankers, baiters and scumbags in EvE. You have to actually get to know someone to find out if they are playing a character, not just make ridiculous sweeping statements that have no basis in fact, and no evidence other than your own warped assumptions.

There are bad people who play EvE, and there are good people. Both are well represented in all areas, and to pretend that is not the case shows a deep misunderstanding of EvE and people in general.

Not when you do it with sweet comedy style like me, “lad” :slowparrot:

2 Likes