I don't understand why CCP always forces player to do sth

Some players enjoy their life in High sec and some enjoy PVE activities. But this new Triglavian invasion changes high sec to low sec. Some players’ life were heavily influenced and have to join PVP activities. Some players lost their ships in these updates.

I really don’t understand why CCP always force players, especially hign sec players and PVE player to PVP, to give up their way of life and to lost their happiness in EVE. In EVE, every one can choose their life and I think it is the most attractive thing of this game. But recently I realized that CCP don’t like some players and wana kick them off from EVE

4 Likes

You are playing in a game that has negative consequences and a living environment (at last), you have to survive and prosper in that using your brain and any ability you can muster, or a large wallet for multiple accounts. The biggest loser from this was a guy who was controlling that system for ice mining and excessively multi-boxing. There are many systems in hisec and I am sure that the loss of one or two is not going to do much to anyone competent.

9 Likes

FTFY…

You can fight to keep it safe though. And it is PvE in doing so.

2 Likes

Eve is a pvp sandbox. It’s mechanics are geared towards pvp interaction.

You may only be here for the pve, but that doesn’t change how the game inherently works.

7 Likes

Loss one or two today and more in future. I am really afraid that there is no more things that I can enjoy in the game. Maybe I will find another game instead.

3 Likes

If you do, can I have your stuff ?

8 Likes

But the simple thing is, that you cannot find a game like this. Go and take a break like I did when certain imbalances get up your nose, but please move your stuff into NPC stations and scoop your structures first.

4 Likes

You absolutely cannot look at Eve like a strictly PvP or PvE game…there is (almost) no switch or area that is exclusively PvE which means that everything you do is subject to PvP by default…usually when you least want it to.

This is a blessing to those that love the idea of “actions matter” and a curse to those that probably should stick to SP games…and I don’t mean that in a derogatory way as the X series is great.

Adapting to an ever-changing enemy and environment is what makes Eve great…and once you have tasted it, most other games will feel hollow.

6 Likes

I dont understand why people use the word force incorrectly.

9 Likes

Not to play the Millennial card…but…

2 Likes

Let’s start with the notion, that it’s not CCP, who is turning high to low - it’s players. So the whole argument is invalid.
Only two things CCP are forcing anyone is to read the change announcements and think ahead.

1 Like

Good, I’m fed up of whiny cry babies who can’t adapt. Go play instead “My Little Pony Chases A Balloon”

4 Likes

2/10, try again.

Change system, the universe is dynamic

1 Like

OP forced me to read this thread by writing it! I’m devastated! Will probably quit!

7 Likes

Thousands of SAFEsec systems in eve. Go move to one of those if you don’t like it.

1 Like

SOME players as in less than 1 % of the eve population.
SOME players actually enjoyed it.
SOME players want more.
SOME players can’t wait for the new triglavian race to be playable.

2 Likes

I find some people also try to use their lack of understanding from the knowledge they have, or, lack thereof, or, lack of both, so as to gain an advantage against someone else, or a group, rather than using the knowledge as power.

Like if there is some kind of force trying to change the power from the knowledge to be vain, and, trying to hide how it tries to do so afterward.

Like if I couldn’t analyze it, and, that I had never analyzed it before, and, that I would be endangering them, and, offending them if I did, while they try to use it to attack me, and can’t see why I have to use their attacks as evidence, and how they attack, including analyze their psychology.

It’s as if they wanted me to be forced to gain some benefit by hiding something rather than to explain to others what it is that I do and how I do it and why, and give them benefit for not attacking me, although they try to make money from forfeiting my analysis.

They’re being misled into thinking that it’s ok.

It’s the limit of their honesty, and they can’t understand why there would be systems more honest, and less reliant on privacy as if to hide something.

1 Like

It can be a tad frustrating when an invasion happens in your usual hangout system. But a little bit of sand shifting in the sandbox is hardly a menace. Move one system out and you can continue as usual. Might even be fun to move and reorganize your stuff.
And why not join a fleet and fight the invaders / or help them, it’s good fun.

1 Like

You have bet been forced to do anything. Leave the system. Move to a different agent for the same corporation. Continue life as though nothing happened.