NPC corporation tax should be removed

Oh ok, I inferred from your reply you were against tax being used to try and lever people out of NPC corp, which is the reason CCP placed it so high in the first place.

Sorry if I misunderstood your point.

Currently player corp without structures can be “0% tax wardec heaven”, so there is no reason to stay in NPC corp, even if you absolute loner or true sociopath, so 11% tax in NPC corps currently doing nothing from this perspective.

But CCP mentioned several times, what joining player corporation improves player retention a lot, so there in no incentive for developers to remove NPC corp taxes.

I love this!

Keep NPC corp tax and add (a reduced) NPC tax to non-wardeccable corporations!

With more risk comes more reward.

1 Like

One problem; that exchanges corp tax for Station + Core fees.

Personally, if I were evading wars, its a no brainer to eat the tax rather than build a deccable station.

2 Likes

What goal is achieved in this way? Non-wardeccable corps already have disadvantage of not being able to anchor structures.

As a matter of principle I’m against all taxes. I personally view taxes as a racket.

As for in-game taxes, I’m not FOR or AGAINST them. I’m simply sorry that some players want to use them to force other players into or out of something. It would kill the feeling of playing in an open-world sandbox.

CCP already has the power to force players out or into a gameplay and they’re exercising that power to their own benefit. I can’t blame them. It is, after all, a for-profit business.
We shouldn’t, as players, try to wield the same power over other players for whatever reason one might fathom.

Don’t worry about that. We’re all humans and prone to mistake.

1 Like

Except you can have full access to structures whilst in a non-wardeccable corp.

Non-wardeccable corps shouldn’t have corp wallets or offices either.

2 Likes

Yes, and now they also get the disadvantage of not being a 0% tax haven unless they anchor some risk in space.

The NPC tax for non-wardeccable corps doesn’t have to be as high as the NPC corps tax, but higher than 0. And you can put any extra corp tax on top of that if you want.

1 Like

What goal is achieved in this way? How it makes game better?

1 Like

So do you support the removal of the ability to allow players to set taxes?

No, NPC corporation tax should not be removed.

In fact, we might just be about to see the opposite. The last Ecosystem devblog hinted that the nerfbat is coming for highsec, and I would not at all be surprised if that is in the form of a dynamic tax system that penalizes busy solar systems and rewards PvE/industry/resource gathering in quieter places.

If CCP is on the ball, they would tie this into the corp system to some extent and give corporations ways to influence these taxes/dynamic systems. One way of course would be via a module or rig that needs to be in a structure and provides tax reductions to players in that corp.

So one possibility is that CCP sets the base tax relatively high so that NPC corps and wardec-immune player corps pay more, while player corps with structures get a tax break. In this case, they would likely remove any extra tax on the NPC corps.

I don’t know if we will see it, but something like this is missing from the war system. There are almost no reasons to stay in a corp with a structure, and corp-specific bonus tied to structures are maybe the easiest way to put some risk vs. reward back into highsec.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

At which point all you literally have left is a chat channel which anyone can make for free lol

That won’t happen as wardecs don’t have any relation to either of those

2 Likes

I think I recognise some words, but I have no clue what you’re saying.

1 Like

I can say Ive never invited anyone to “Russian Chat” because I cannot read or write in Russian, nor do I know what you are saying.

qaStaH nuq jay’ ???

I think someone is breaking the rule that Eve should only be played from the age of 13. Judging by the spelling, it’s still a very young child. Or he should invest a little more in his education instead of Eve.

I suffered through that terrible grammar and punctuation (or lack of) to tell you that he’s basically railing against player corporations for misleading new players and not being helpful, e.g. corporations advertising that they’re war-immune, but at the same time putting in their bios stuff like needing “contributions” toward their “war efforts.” It’s a fairly valid point, actually, similar to the one I’ve been expressing around here.

2 Likes

Oh fair enough, totally agree then.

Its one of my pet hates too
@Aledar_Bukandara Yeah you are right, if what Destiny says is what you mean.

Here’s my favorite one:

• blah blah mining ops
  • blah blah friendly people
  • opportunities for pvp and low-sec roaming ops
  • blah blah help with missions
  • etc

(corporation has existed for 4 years, kill board is 6:583, with most of those 6 kills being own corp members shot by accident during PvE of some sort)

Oh and sometimes when I look for places to fool around on one of my noobs, I ask the recruiter what kind of PvP they do, and they say “they don’t do PvP,” but the corporate bio/recruitment ad makes it sound like they’re experienced fighters who roam all the time.

“Casting a wide net,” I assume. Kind of sending a like to every single result on Tinder, hoping that you’ll win that lotto and start living the waifu dream. /me cries internally

4 Likes

I support the mechanics that CCP puts in place whenever and wherever they may pop up.
These reflections and proposals and ideas and suggestions that I read in these forums are nothing but empty words and exercises in futility.