Nullsec Alliance Cowardice Ladder

Does this mean the ideal goal is to simply chat someone and convince them to self destruct their ship, and maybe target paint their hull with a corvette? :thinking: That would indeed be epic.

and to biomass in the end as ultimative victory

1 Like

There are many ways to escape the N+1 issue without adding arena-type conditions to combat. It just necessitates creative game design.

For example, one of the survival games I like to play allows you to create explosives and trip mines. Like all such games, there are players constantly rolling around in large groups and talking smack in chat. So I’d go into a building, spread some items on the ground (or even build a chest and place it in a visible spot), and then set up a bunch of tripwires hidden in various environmental geometry. I’d pop off a few pistol rounds from a window at the group when I see it coming, and then go into a different apartment and hide in a closet or a bathroom. The group would charge in hootin’ and hollerin’, run inside the bait area, and then I’d hear “yo bro check this out some dumbshit died here” while they’re inspecting the floor garbage. Off go the tripwires, and then I come out of the closet and execute whoever is left alive, usually too busy bandaging themselves to notice a non-group member. Of course there would be a tantrum in chat afterward, with them cussing and talking about how I’m “too afraid” to fight them eight-on-one or whatever, kind of like S R S. are doing here.

It’s this kind of capacity for asymmetric warfare that EVE Online lacks. Strength is determined exclusively in terms of player numbers, and not in terms of finding creative solutions to difficult problems.

For example, if we could load up citadels with a shitload of rocket fuel and enriched uranium, and make them go pop in order to take out everything on the grid (including allies), station fights would look vastly different from the way they do today.

It’s extremely presumptuous of you to say that “the weak should become strong” in reference to structure ownership and the ability for hundred-man-strong outfits to dunk on entry-level refineries using hundreds of billions of combat gear (and I’m not even talking about HQs here, but in general). And I think that the only reason you’re doing it is because you yourself are affiliated with one of the largest groups in the game that can project such power. It’s easy to be brave when you’ve worked your way into a powerhouse. But if you want to impress everyone with your strict adherence to Darwinian principles, go and build something from scratch with the current power structures in place.

3 Likes

Eve has mechanics that prevent N+1 scaling. Wormholes are a natural barrier to N+1 due to mass limitations.

In terms of the volume of game content, that’s the exception, not the rule. It only applies to lower-class wormholes, and also people will stage inside over multiple days anyway.

I doubt it would work that way in Eve, because whatever creative solutions an individual could use could equally be applied across a group.

If we’re allowed indiscriminate big bangs…one should equally be allowed to load up all ships with self destruct material with a proportionate bang. People could then destroy citadels using the exact same method :slight_smile:

Not necessarily. The concept of force multipliers is lacking in EVE. Other games have, for example, AoE attacks that scale up in utility according to how many enemies are attacking you; think something like Frost Nova or Howl of Terror (AoE fear effect) in WoW.

Not only this, but CCP has worked to reduce force multipliers in EVE. For example, fleet boosting (during PvP) was originally allowed to be performed by neutrals. Then they made it so that it can only be done by a corporation/alliance member, and the booster had to be on grid. This had the effect of giving larger groups an even bigger advantage when fighting smaller groups, since before both could boost equally, but now the smaller group would have its booster exposed to instant loss, pushing the odds even further into the larger group’s favor at the start of the battle.

The Signature Radius Suppressor module was also very good for force multiplication in few-versus-many engagements since it could considerably improve the resilience of the outnumbered group. But CCP nerfed it to be effectively useless by giving it a pointless effect.

Yes, I do agree that ships should be able to cause damage when they self-destruct (with some counter-play caveats). However, lore-wise, stations have such strong shields that they can deflect meteors, so the ramming method wouldn’t be much of a threat to them.

Anyway, this is getting a bit off-topic. I’m going to add another alliance or two to the ladder later tonight.

Why are you throwing all those sticks ?
Confused-GIF
There must be a reason, right ?

Nvm, servers are back up, gotta go.
neo-plugging-to-matrix

A special guest lowsec appearance from Shadow Cartel or Snuffed Out would be fun! I know it says Nullsec in the title, but who doesnt love a good lowsec cameo!

2 Likes

In my opinion, you should really be more concerned with teaching your alliance members how to fit their ships better instead of asking me these questions.

Unfortunately, I just don’t have any experience with these groups, as they rarely come out to high-sec, and are located very far away from my area. It just wouldn’t be an objective review of their character.

I’m postponing today’s update as I’m way too drunk to write anything.

Also, lol at the desperate attempt by S R S. to spin this as a PR win. Basically the equivalent of a “didn’t need that ship anyway” excuse, but instead of their ship, it’s their dignity.

1 Like

And here I thought this kind of drama ended in gradeschool

1 Like

Just tell me how you would change the fits and I’ll pass it on, unless that proves as difficult as answering a question, in which case … carry on

extatic

Yes, literally facts sure are spin, as opposed to your hard hitting opinion piece.

You really are deluded. I think you have spent too much time in your one man corp and need to spend time with actual people who will take the piss out of you. The game is much more fun in a group (its an MMO, so that is shocking I know). I am being sincere here, join a corp.

well Desniny has an outstanding zkillboard, it seems that the single man corp is working as intended.

The corp is indeed working wonders. And just as a little quip, it is entirely reasonable to say “hey look, you got 300 Marauders, 600 alts filling various roles, and I’m just one dude. I’ll fight you exclusively on MY terms!”. It is way smarter than putting down a war HQ and then get rolled over by a thousand ships.

In a way, having no numbers does benefit Destiny’s guerrila fighting style, because they don’t have to manage and coordinate fleet movement. They can extremely quickly move and appear whereever they want and ensure that they have the highest possible advantage in every fight they pick, much to the detriment and immense frustration of every corp having to deal with that.

It is certainly a very interesting dynamic, I’m happy to see that it is possible for one player to fight back when confronted with massive, overwhelming forces. Perhaps if we could all get along and appreciate the crazy game where all of this stuff is even possible, that would be even better.

With resisting regards
-James Fuchs

1 Like

That is a very generous view of what Destiny does. I would argue they play the game in a very rational methodical way; being extremely careful on how and when you engage with others, Destiny defines this as cowardice over and over in this thread. My issue is that disconnect. When Destiny does it, its defined as heroic/guerrila/insert some other positive adjective. When others do it, they are cowards.

Imagine how bitter someone has to be to come into a thread that has nothing to do with them, doesn’t even mention them, and try to grandstand in it to try to make the owner look bad, lol. I didn’t even post this to turn it into a veritable S R S. salt mine, but I’ll take it if they’re offering!

And what’s with the whole “one-man corp” stuff? The only characters I have in my corporation are this one, and a market alt that never undocks from Jita. I’m playing with 4-5 real-life friends rotating in and out however they see fit when they’re active.

Also, why is Wesley talking about “joining a corp” and “getting recruited” so much? He’s mentioned that like what, three times by now? It’s almost as if he’s projecting a subconscious desire for me being a part of his esteemed organization. Which, admittedly, would be a very rational desire, as my presence would’ve boosted their ship kill figure by nearly 40% over the past year, using just a single combat character. Actually, it could’ve been considerably more than that, as S R S. has many more wars than I ever did, so there would be many more targets.

But the better question is, who exactly is there to join? BLACKFLAG. and S R S. are the only groups doing high-sec wars, and I’d never join either of them because I don’t want to play with a bunch of toxic, blobbing losers. Since they don’t allow any smaller groups to exist, there’s no one else to join, aside from the null-sec groups that I’m making fun of in this thread. The sentiment just doesn’t make any sense. Just a desperate attempt to grasp at straws? :thinking:

Wrong, Escape From Jita/Pirat to name but two. Far warning Pirat have ex-Riot guys, so they prob wont welcome you, since they you know, know you.

Well dang! That was kind of in the back of my mind when I made the suggestion lol. Aeschee and Raka are super far from smelly old Amarr, but figured I would throw it out there anyways :slight_smile:

Your detractors are kind of funny. I have had a great time reading through this thread just at the sheer absurdity of some of the claims made against you. A couple people seriously need to take a look at their own killboards before trying to call out someone elses lol. Some of them have less than 1% solo kills and display no clear understanding of how to play the game solo… Yet seem to be trying to tell someone who plays the game solo 52% of the time how a solo person should play, or just simply looking down on you for not being a ■■■■ tier blobber that fights other blobs. Its so weird haha. I dont think people realize having a 52% solo ratio beyond 1000 kills is pretty ridiculous. We arent BFFs (unfortunately, or yet… lmao) but I’ve been around long enough to know who you are and what you do and I’m a bit envious lol. One day I can see myself doing the same thing, it seems like a lot of fun! I actually joined a small nobody wardeccing corp in late 2019, or maybe it was early 2020, but it died right after I joined and I lacked the skill and knowledge to actually do it myself so I just went back to lowsec.

Also, Your description of FRT was so accurate that now i think I might just be one of your alts lol.

-Stony/Space Force Trump.

1 Like

For argument sake, if you have 4 scout characters. Looking for targets to kill. You find a target, and see your target has no help close by, you warp your main character in and kill them. Is that a solo kill in your mind?