Nullsec Alliance Cowardice Ladder

You sound very upset. I am sorry that my post upset you.

You are mistaken about one thing, though: I am not trying to change the way that players play the game. I believe that players should be able to play however they want (within the confines of the game’s rules and mechanics). What I am doing is exercising my right to criticize players for playing in a certain manner. Kind of like not telling you that you aren’t allowed to gulp down a cup of scalding coffee or stick a fork into the power outlet, but expressing my opinion that you are a total idiot for choosing to do either.

I understand that building a straw man argument against me in this way feels like an easy win. To me, this is indicative of null-sec behavior. You are probably offended by whatever I said about the alliance that you are in (or rather, your non-forum-posting main is in). If it makes you feel any better, you post will probably get a like or two, most likely from an Initiative member and/or one of the throw-away alts that are trying to detract this thread.

Speaking of Initiative, I just adjusted their score by another 3 cowardice points gained because a Praxis (with all those drones!) pissed itself and safe-logged instead of taking an easy fight from my Merlin.

Additionally, I am removing a point from Goons, because today I observed a single Goon dunk on an entire MSF gang in Amarr, making 3-4 of them turn tail and run, and killing their main guy’s Ikitursa. Goons do have a few good players mixed into a sea of rabble. That’s why they’re now classified as slightly above average.

Maybe MSF deserves a place on this list? :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m going to channel my inner EVE carebear here.

The electrical outlet bit me! HOA, you need to nerf the electrical outlet immediately! What do you mean forks aren’t meant to be inserted into them? The designers shaped them intentionally to be a receptacle for forks, you moron. If they didn’t intend for forks to be shoved into them, they would have designed it differently.

See, proof!

This is turning away noobs from electrical outlets. They have to have a safe experience when they shove a fork in it.

1 Like

I came here originally with the expectation of at least a certain level of entertainment, this being the forum section with the best promise of “entertainment and delivery”. So far, it hasn’t really manifested itself.

Pure and simple: I will want my money back ! The entertainment has been absent, it’s been a congregation of the Gumbies.

It reminds me of that Gumby Praxis fleet, fitted with smartbombs, that tried to attack our kiki fleet in Perimeter last week while we were reffing a TTC structure - they were insta-popped by Concord, one of the funnier things to behold in EvE (we didn’t lose a kiki) …

the gumbies

OP was off to a reasonably good start, not Verstappen or Sainz level but still noteworthy, spreading ammo across the grid, and hoping for return fire, and perhaps some support fire. None of it materialized. in any credible way.

Very sad.

So here’s to
giphy (61)
Maybe there’s still some audience left, some mud pies to throw and some venom to dodge.

Or else, money back !

Sorry, but I can’t fix a dead game. Not without being made the executive game designer, and sending a script through the servers that turns off the half of your alliance’s “member” base that wouldn’t be able to pass a CAPTCHA test.

Without my threads, this sub would be seeing less than five posts a week as is. Which isn’t that far behind GD, which looks like this:

Even indie games with 50 players on Steam have more forum activity than this.

Here’s a novel thought: less bot-farming, more interpersonal engagement between players?

:thinking:

OH WHO AM I KIDDING LOL!!1

You keep saying that. It’s a true strawman in a discussion on “cowardice”, isn’t it.

Verifiably your zkillboard suggests you never left hisec this year. That will make your claim “hearsay” at best. Whatever.

Anyway, with our current expanded list of wardecs (including a few very prominent/significant hisec merc/piratey groups), we don’t have much time for non-pvp. Look for us in a system near you and offer your assistance to our opponents :stuck_out_tongue:

In other words: Help US save YOUR game

:rofl:

1 Like

> Be an Initiative member
> See C&P thread calling out null-sec alliances for being cowardly
> Initiative ranked right near the top
> ReeEEEee tHiS dOesN’T RepReSeNt mY ALlIanCe!!1 :rage:
> Go to thread, start posting about how “boring” the thread is
> “Destiny is so boring, right guys? Right? lol!”
> Get some corporation members with no posting histories to come in and send likes
> Mention something about telling the griefers to go do PvP in null-sec where the REAL PvPers live (instructions to do so found in corporate bulletin)
> “We don’t have any bots! Come see for yourself!”
> Log into home constellation farming alt because not actually sure, need to check
> Undock, type “hi guys” in local
> The only response is the sound of half a dozen AutoHotkey-powered Gilas making 56K dialup modem noises
> image

Here’s what’s going to happen: your alliance will bring a 400-man fleet once for a single timer on someone’s war HQ. The follow-up timer, there would be 200 defenders in system. Can’t take the fight now, 2:1 odds aren’t good enough (the enemy wouldn’t take the fight either, unless their odds are 3:1 or better, and are just sitting in local for show). Nothing happens. Members lose interest, don’t show up for any follow-up ops, and go back to grinding ISK in their null-sec blue doughnut space to buy even more X-Type gear for their capitals so that they can farm ISK even faster. I continue solo-killing random idiots who didn’t get the memo.

Why would I do that? I think those groups are absolute dogshit, full of weak players who joined up because they want to be fed easy kills without having any enemies to bother them who can actually hurt them and interfere in their shuttle grind.

Indeed why make a thread to demonstrate your dislike of nullsec, its denizens, their playstyle, their quality. If it makes you feel better, for some reason, please do.

In the mean time, there’s a few rhetorical questions: Do you think 1) you would have enough “fun” in your personal playstyle if it weren’t for the people who make the obvious mistakes to fall for your baiting, 2) there would still be an EvE without nullsec players , and 3) that people who do not play along your personal rules are all cowards ?

It doesn’t get less credible than this. You may deal in the “truth” the way you behold it or hope your readers see it. The facts in the field however are … different. You cannot handle big groups, and big groups cannot be bothered to deal with individuals. Perhaps you wouldn’t like to be part of a big group, perhaps you don’t like common goals, or big fights, or strategy. You don’t have to, to enjoy this game. But the prejudice you demonstrate is just baaaaad.

22d048b750454d89b55d9ee1610d470c

1 Like
  1. I think you overestimate the prevalence of baiting in my gameplay. Most of my targets I catch, not bait. They don’t get a choice in the matter.

2. Yes, and likely a much better one.

3. Absolutely.

That’s fine, but they shouldn’t be immune to individuals, especially since they could deal with them if only they could be bothered. It’s silly to add a game mechanic which protects them from such an insignificant threat.

1 Like

Years back, I lend a hand to a null alliance (which turned out to join Fraternity later) in their war against a hs war corp. I even created an alt just for that occasion. We were chilling at an NPC station, and their FC suddenly barked on Discord:
-Don’t undock or you’ll get scrammed!

They had this notion that they were the masters of everything while being affraid of getting scrammed outside a NPC station, and then one “scout” dared to undock and went AFK in space for a few minutes, only to get ganked by a Catalyst

The thing is, they know what they know, everything else is not important… not even preparing the high sec pipe you will use or at least finding someone who can help you… asking for help? No superior being need that or advice

-Don’t undock or you’ll get scrammed!
-You can still dock NPC stations if you are scrammed
-You are stupid

I know I haven’t seen eye to eye with DC on some matters in the past but this is the best post I’ve seen and very well done and more to the point true.

I’m not currently playing at the moment and as a rule I don’t like to comment on game stuff why not being part of the game but felt this post need a reply.

Looking forward to more truths

Just looks like a desperate cry for negative attention yet again.

Back to Baldurs Gate 3, loving it by the way, and in late September the DLC for Cyberpunk, yay!

haha what a loser

No no but hidden in her ranting are some good points about some of the large groups, others are right about if you don’t follow her play style your wrong , but that’s how DC comes across .

Training on ship fittings and what each player can do is often wrong for large groups and the understanding that your not going to be a powerful PvP just because you fly with a well know group.

But all said and done what can be done when 90% of your players want to pve.

Anyway I hope your doing well @Dracvlad are you playing eve again or on the shore leave

I am fine, I hope you are too. I am currently not Omega on any of my accounts. I said what I thought above, though of course Destiny does have decent writing skills, it is amusing at least.

1 Like

“…my right…” :joy:
Okay. Well I’ll be expecting those directives for the week from you today.
Thanks

1 Like

Heh.

:smirk:

1 Like

There is no such game mechanic.

There is, however, a game mechanic that allows for hisec ganking.

If we do it right, nothing that you would have expected. And since you don’t seem to like surprises, they will remain mysteries to you, lmao.

Here’s to that good ol’ TTT, hahaha (laughing all the way to the bank, indeed).
sauron-eyeofsauron

This is a cleverly disguised whine thread.
And all those Nullsec boys chant in chorus: More salt please.

Oh nooo, what am I going to do now?

The boomers and their desperate “I’m not crying, you’re crying!” and “not gonna tell you anything, but just wait, you’ll see how wrong you are!” comments are the absolute cringe.

You can tell right away who bought the entire barrel of that null-sec Kool-Aid, and now feels obligated to defend their purchase to anyone who gives it the side-eye. Also, it’s quite telling about the state of the game and its players that when presented with an ostensible villain, they will try to shame them instead of simply destroying them. In 2008, I wouldn’t be able to post this thread without getting permanently camped by a dozen battleships anywhere I went. Today, it’s “we don’t care because we’re too busy doing much more important null-sec things!” /me goes back to running the twenty-seventh DED for the day.