Nullsec ratting and Capital/Super Capital spawns?

what decides a capital spawn?
my understanding is as follows

-0.5 sec no capital rats
-0.6–0.7 need SOV upgrades 5 to spawn capital rats
-0.8 always spawns capital rats & rates climb with sov upgrades
0.9-1.0 always spawn capitals and supers with higher odds with additional sov upgrades

but i feel as though something has changed. more so when capital rats have been a daily issue ever since i came back to null, some days we will kill 10+ caps and a super rat. and I’m at a loss because some of these systems it should be impossible for even 1 to spawn. let alone several.

is this system documented? does anyone know the actual numbers? or is it just sheer dumb luck + upgrades that decide it.

I think people with caps would love it if carebear space was always spawning capitals.

A faint memory of me has a Domination Titan (faction supercap) spawning on our mining op and nuking our orca in -0.5 space, and myself losing a frigate to a sentient supercarrier (again faction supercap) in -0.2, but those were a long time ago. This poor ishtar on the other hand had it’s afk farm interrupted by a faction titan in -0.3 sec only last week.

Capitals, faction capitals, supercaps and faction supercaps spawn at a given chance, with increases as security approaches true highsec, whether there’s a SOV update installed or not doesn’t influence the spawn propability.

my first time i had a true Sansha dread spawn on my new player vexor navy in Providence. like a month in eve total then. was not fun.

but yeah, we’ve had supers and caps dropping on ops or a bit.
the same moon op has had 3 different supers spawn. in the 3 pulls its actually been terrible for the miners. its a whole new level of fear when you hear the “sentient super in moon belt” for the 3rd op in a row.

we need them to stop. because people wont hit the 60b moon because we assume its a 100% chance a faction super carrier rat spawns because that has been the case so far on every op.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.