Nullsec Ratting TrueSec Balance

With the current state of the equinox update, systems below a -.25 security status only receive two havens. These systems tend to be closer to Hi-sec, and regularly have roaming gangs and black ops fleets dropping from low-sec/hi-sec. They have the highest risk profile, while the only systems able to spawn the new Forsaken Sanctums tend to be much further removed. This means the most profit in Null-sec ratting is far removed from the risk. With the slowed respawn rate of combat anomalies, the risk involved in bringing a multi-billion ISK marauder out to rat the two havens that spawn is not worth the reward, when there aren’t even sanctums to go to.

This lack of anomalies means that smaller alliances have little-to-no access to the new content afforded by the expansion, and their risk is increased(by having fewer anomalies roaming groups need to check to find them) and reward is sharply decreased. For example, systems which previously had 3-4 havens and 1 sanctum now have only 2 havens with slower respawn rates, even with the Major 3.

This problem could easily be mitigated through offering a similar anomaly profile in higher true-sec space to the -.85 and below group of systems. It would allow smaller groups who cannot take space from the massive blocs to access the new anomalies in this expansion. It would also help balance the risk-reward profile of systems which are more regularly hunted(near Hi-Sec and Low-Sec space). In terms of PVP content, larger ships would have a reasonable reward available, so there is incentive to undock, rather than running the minimal anomalies in an ishtar or vexor.

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m not seeing an actual issue here. I’ve read it a couple times what I took from it is that you don’t think it’s worth taking a Marauder into risky space, and therefore you need more anoms while everyone needs to magically have their risk increased, because Grrr Goons and other mixed in buzzwords.

Did I get that right? Please clarify.

The space previously had sanctums and multiple havens before the update, which respawned after 15 minutes. It was capable of multiple marauders ratting together(risky, yes, but also profitable). Now, the systems with the maximum upgrades have a third as many decent anomalies which also respawn slower. The risk is now higher in that space(fewer havens where large ships are likely to be), and the isk is dramatically reduced. Systems with low true-sec are able to have more anomalies, and are further from roaming gangs. I am not arguing for more risk for everyone else, just for some better balance throughout null-sec. I understand having more risk in a smaller group, without a massive response force, but having almost no anomalies in riskier sov space doesn’t seem like a balanced solution. The expansion was advertised as being a great new update in which active ratting in a battleship would be rewarded more than ishtar/vexor spinning. However, those anomalies cannot exist in many regions in the game, due to power and true-sec requirements. If -.1 sec space had the same anomalies as -.25 space even, it would be on-par with pre-expansion. Right now, those -.1 sec systems have almost no anomalies even with the Major 3.

2 Likes

Oh, I see.

Is this your first change in meta? These things happen from time to time. You’re just playing along, all fat and happy with whatever your ISK printer is, and suddenly there’s a change.

The good players adapt, because the meta will change again later down the road.

Yeah. I know. I just posted this, because the new expansion is pretty much trash all around. It is the complete opposite of what was advertised, and is an overall nerf. The ability to specialize your systems/sov is a pretty cool idea, but in practice has turned it all into garbage space. I can make plenty of isk running FW, huffing gas, PI, mining, plenty of â– â– â– â–  I enjoy doing. This post was mainly about the gaslighting CCP did, with supposedly the expansion making â– â– â– â–  better. They have said there is no reason to switch over to the new sov, but when systems go from 40+ combat anomalies, with half a dozen being viable to run with marauders, down to 8 anomalies, with only two being decent(even with the best upgrades), something should be changed. I submitted a ticket, and they said I should post here for CSM to see, so this is the post.

1 Like

The only csm who will see it wiill be tagged @Mike_Azariah

2 Likes

Vladawyns Yvormes very true

1 Like

exactly right

1 Like

The Meta changes come for all.

You can either quit, continue to unproductively whine, or adapt.

I suggest option C, but as long as you stop picking option B, we’re good.

Andlaust
why dont you quit, and we will continue to express our point of view !

I think @Andlaust is actually being quite helpful.

@Vladawyns_Yvormes does indeed have those 3 options. He may, of course, come to the Forum in order to vent his frustration; he may, in addition, suggest solutions to what he views as problems.

Know that CCP is under no obligation either to respond to his posts or to adopt any of his suggestions. In fact, I think it most unlikely that they will even read what he has written; this isn’t Reddit, after all.

Soo, Gusina, what are we left with?

If he’s just venting - no tangible positive outcome is likely.
If he’s suggesting changes - no tangible positive outcome is likely.

We’re then left with:

Quit - He no longer has to be troubled by any of this.
Whine - He gains some relief from his distress, but achieves nothing.
Adapt - He rolls, however reluctantly, with the flow.

There is a fourth option; it’s the one I think he will, finally, adopt - Do nothing.

Why should I, I’m not the one crying.

You think you’re the first to have the meta shift and reduce their income?

How about when they introduced a feature you probably didn’t know wasn’t available at one time and destroyed an entire industry? I didn’t b*tch and moan when my EvE career of selling navingation bookmarks was completely nullified by the introduction of Warp to 0km, I simply stopped playing for a while until I got over it and moved on when I came back.

So quit crying, figure out how you’re going to adapt, and move on.

Is CCP likely to adjust the numbers in the future so there will be more spawns? If the state of the game as a whole starts to suffer from it, then yes they will. Are they going to do it just because a couple carebears couldn’t adapt? Not f*cking likely.

Despite the numerous nerfs to ganking and the disappearance of the watch-list feature, I did hang in there, hoping for a counter. It didn’t arrive!

After a while, I left; then i returned and adapted as well as I could to the new situation. It cost me money (extra accounts) and some tedium (extra time/effort hunting targets), but if you want to stay with the game, you have to play it, surely?

I think @Vladawyns_Yvormes is just having a moan. Does that sound about right, Vlad?

No, I was making a recommendation that perhaps the new content be made available in more than a select few systems in nullsec. I feel like the balance of the new “upgrades” should be looked at, as in its current state it does not reflect what was advertised. The respawn rate and volume of the new anomalies does not reward battleships as was advertised, rather it requires nothing more than an AFK ishtar to maximize yields. I was trying to make constructive reccomendations to increase spawn of difficult anomalies in systems with the maximum upgrades, rather than having 75% of anomalies removed, and the new sov being a downgrade. If you want to call a balance reccomendation “b*tch and moan”, that’s up to you. With less ore available to mine, and far less loot and salvage, there is a good chance the available minerals in the game will take a large hit, increasing prices of ships.

1 Like

Know what happens when the price of minerals goes up? The people who don’t think it’s currently profitable to mine start mining. I’ve got an 8 alt mining fleet in Alpha ready to PLEX because current ore prices aren’t enticing enough. So please, let the price of ores come up and we’ll bring them right back down.

This is how the Meta works.

Vlad, I understand perfectly your observations and arguments.

It’s just that, even if the CSM finds an opportunity to present them to CCP, it is unlikely that they will be able to tell you/us what the response was, because of the binding non-disclosure agreement - which is a condition of their membership of the Council.

You’ve made your points; now all you can do is:

Quit.
Carry on complaining.
Adapt and continue.

Of course, if you want support from other random players like myself, you may well find it here. You will also encounter dissent and close scrutiny. In the end, though, perhaps nothing very useful will reveal itself, either to you or to me.

I wish you luck!

1 Like

yeah what a great stance: “CCP do whatever you want, we will just cope and adjust to whatever trash deployed. We will continue spending our money so you can support your families and release absurd that makes no sense and ruins our game”

1 Like

To be honest, Gusina, that has always been the case, with or without the largely token presence (as I regard it) of the CSM.

You may not consider it fair - it certainly isn’t democratic - but you do have choices. They may not appear to be very good ones… :slightly_smiling_face:

we have our choices, we vote with $$$. And it is quite powerful !!
ALL of criticism should be considered as HELP! By sharing our opinion we are trying to HELP CCP to correct the problems and avoid their revenue reduction. if you are short sighted then yeah, rebuff everything that is spoken, and continue to produce nonsense.

1 Like

Yup, I’ve been doing this for years with Blizzard, EA, Ubisoft, Bethesda, and pretty much every other big name game studio. Almost all my favorite franchises are owned by companies I refuse to give my money to.

Want to guess how much impact I’ve had on predatory marketing and shady business practices? :thinking:

I’ve been playing this game since 2005. My longest absence was almost 7 years, because I don’t like Alphas or the skill injector system. Eventually CCP will do something to make me leave again. No one will know, I’ll just disappear one day and reappear months or years later.

2 Likes