O7 I'm not new to the game but I'm new to setting up fleets

I want to set up a mining fleet.
Do I really need to set standings for every single person if I want my fleet to be accessible to everyone?
This thing is confusing, if I pick only min. security status then I get a warning no one will be able to join my fleet.
I am aware gankers are out there but I have no idea how to prevent them from joining the fleet, without making it less accessible.

2 Likes

I feel you on this. It seems out of line with Eve’s on-your-own concept of self protection.

They make fleets so stiff and closed off there’s no risk of being ganked, and no risk of random people joining your fleet with good intentions, either :frowning:

1 Like

What I do is create a fleet and then just ask in local if anybody wants to join. If people are in the belt I’m in, I’ll send them an invite even if they don’t respond in local (they might have missed it if there was chatter).

It’s not ideal of course, but that’s how I handle it. It also grabs people who might not have seen the fleet advert. More effort, less efficient, but it’s what I do.

5 Likes

So the answer to my original question is:
At least tick in the “Allow my corporation to join”. Then the security status filters also start to work “properly”.

I had “Allow my corporation” and both security status fields ticked in with both set to a 0.0 status and nobody had any problem with joining my fleet.

@Jenne yeah I think this is what I’ll do from now on. Nobody seems to be using fleet finder for what I offer and no wonder when there’s only 2 people in whole Eve doing that THAT publicly. This also should keep ganker threat to a minimum. I think I’ll just add to that convoing the pilots beforehand.

2 Likes

So the final question is, if I make a fleet without an advert, I can invite to it simply anyone right?

2 Likes

Yep, absolutely :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank You

1 Like

Happy to help. Good luck with your fleets- it’s a great way to meet people and build up a community!

2 Likes

Thank You, this is exactly my intention :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.