Occasional Ghost-like Ship Artifacts in the DScan Bubble?

Everyone once in a while “ghost-like” ships show up in the directional scanner bubble or right outside it.
They last for a second or two then disappear. But no ships show up the DScan window. What is that all about?

Feji

i did not really understand what you mean. Can you rephrase it?

Though you wrote they show up regardless if you get any results, though maybe you scan in less than 360 degrees so no results in d-scan window but at 360 degrees there are ships and those are showing up as “ghost ships”? Thus those ships are all the ships within the entire d-scan bubble and the d-scan window shows only the ones inside the cone. At least that’s my best guess.

Thanks. Maybe it’s a hint that cloaked ship(s) are within the 360 degree DScan bubble?

Be well,
Feji

I don’t think anything should reveal a cloaked ship or the fact it is within dscan bubble but no confirmation either way so just a logical assumption on my part.

Cloaked ships do not show up on dscan.

Hmm, if you mean the probing window, which looks quite similar and contains the D-Scan cone as well in default setup, the little running ghosts are your 8 probes whooshing around in space to scan down the area you told them.

It could be probs from some other player

I think I know what you mean, you’re talking about the picture of those ships in the scan cone when a scan is running, right?

I’ve seen them before, but I don’t think they give any information. My guess is that those ships are there as part of the scanning animation. A bit confusing perhaps, but it looks nice? :confused: Possibly they show up whenever your D-scan picks up any result, including all the stuff you’ve filtered out when you use a good D-scan filter, that could explain why they sometimes show up and sometimes don’t.

Either way, I’d ignore it if i were you and only pay attention to the D-scan results themselves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.