October 2018 Release - General Feedback

Could you do away with the insignias already? Lots of decent modules, a lot marginal upgrades to T2 lie locked because of the this terrible system.

Caldari EWAR shrunk to anti logi jamming without any compensation to all those ECM hulls.
Effectively removing all those hulls from small scale PvP without any real justification.

What kind of feedback do CCP expect ?

8 Likes

@CCP
I just have a few questions. After you introduced the ECM change you made ECM and Caldari ECM bonused ships worthless to solo players as EWAR platforms.

How and when are you going to come up with a change/fix that makes the Caldari EWAR ships viable to fly again as EWAR platforms for solo players?

By the way – where did the buffs to the ECM ships mentioned in the devblog go?

13 Likes

Heres the feedback:

Goons own you and you put out goonpatches again while ignoring the majority of your playerbase.

Players that are not part of the huge NS blocks are losing respect for you left and right at a time while your subs and revenue are declining, hell, even many of those that are in those blocks. Do you even play this game and talk to them ?

Caps vs. Sub caps imbalance - nothing done.
Making easier to go to / through NS - nothing done, opposite done it is now harder
Making it easier for the underdogs and low skill (often newish) players to be effective in combat - nothing done, opposite of what is needed

Making it safer for goons and alike to crab - yup, a lot done

You are now toothless and lack the balls as a company to do what is needed for the majority instead of the minority of your playerbase. Is that good feedback for you ?

16 Likes

Since this is a feedback thread, I would like to ask for some feedback from the developers, for once.

Given CCP only responded to a complaint with this patch when it was raised on reddit, and apparently ignored all the other community concerns raised here on this forum, I would like some feedback as to why we should bother voicing our concerns, experiences, and/or feedback here on this forum instead of going to reddit and doing it there. Furthermore, in light of CCP’s apparent complete and utter disregard of the october balance pass thread, I am questioning why you even bother having a forum for these matters at all.

Will CCP be willing to provide full SP and ISK reimbursement to pilots affected by the ECM changes who only engaged in solo pvp by allowing us an optional refund of the skills affected via support ticket?

12 Likes

Perhaps you should read, and do something with, the feedback before releasing a worthless update.

11 Likes

This.

5 Likes

I support the application

7 Likes

Has anyone had a chance to test if an attacker can lock structures that are using ECM jammers on them.

1 Like

I think all the logi will be 100K off repping the falcons.
and
the falcon pilots will reserve one ecm module for friendly jams on their logi so they can always be a target for repps

1 Like

Drones will basically be the only effective ECM for solo, if your drone gets a jam in, then they can shoot that drone and only that drone, not your ship.

4 Likes

I’ve laid out a fix for ECM pretty plainly and this is what they still decided to go with. It’s seriously laughable at this point.

To sum it up (yet again):
ECM will always work, but goes on a heavy DR when done repeatedly to the point of immunity after a second jam. The DR lasts for a set duration after the cycle ends (~2 minutes) at which point the DR wears off and the jam can last full duration again. Duration of jam determined by Jam strength vs Sensor strength. That way ECCM acts to reduce the duration of the jam, not prevent it. Making the jam annoying, but not end of the world. Also makes jams from battleships last longer vs those of their frigate and cruiser counterparts while also benefiting bonused hulls as it should.

2 Likes

Holy ■■■■ I didn’t think about this.

How about we all skip a Burn Jita event and instead fund Burn Reykjavik?

2 Likes

I must agree with most of the “Goonpatch” crowd…
The Blue Donat is real.
CSM is broken.

Don’t get me wrong.
I like democratic ideals, but CSM is lopsided when it comes to representing the community as a whole.
Yeah… It wouldn’t be democratic to segment the CSM into different interest groups or limiting factions proportional representation… But a large part of the community doesn’t vote in the CSM… Not because they don’t care, but many doesn’t get around to it, and many are not engaged enough in the game politics to cast a meaningful vote.
Having a group on what? 5000 players rule 60% of the CSM in a community that is more than 100.000 seems not to be democracy in any way. Plutocracy is the name of the game. CCP… Please realize that you NEED to take some more structural control over how the CSM is representing the community as a whole. 5% rule isn’t democratic.

Anyways… Back to the feedback.
ECM drones are the only effective solo ECM. RIP Caldari Ewar.
Interceptors that are nullified where hardly the biggest issues in the game balance.
HIC’s are now a lot more powerful, and the rolling module have all the bad sides of the interdiction generator, but without any interdiction… Hardly seems fair to the rollers that invest close to half a bil in a roller HIC… Before, they at least could hold the enemy until reinforcements arrived…

EDIT: In general this patch seems incredibly lazy and CSM made

11 Likes

I guess the only way to give feedback that CCP pay attention to is to cancel our subscriptions. You had a forum post with significant amounts of negative feedback all of which has been ignored, and a week later the patch was rolled out anyway/
I have cancelled all 4 of my account subscirptions. I would encourage you who dis-approve of CCP stonewalling us (the customers), and rolling out changes in the face of distinctly negative feedback, to do the same.
I assume you will be much happier providing a game that is just goonswarm mining. Why not just rename the game to that, so it makes it clear what you will do.

8 Likes

The more of us - who do this the more attention they will pay - please feel free to copy mine:
Customer support issues -> Other (please specify)
Your devs not replying to significant patch changes is totally unacceptable, THE CSM DO NOT REPRESENT ME OR MANY OTHER PILOTS. The patch you have deployed today is total garbage. - subscription cancelled until further notice.

4 Likes

Be careful making RL threaths. Do not even make them in jest.

Just checked.
If the structure jams a ship, it will be still able to shoot the structure.
StandUp-ECM-Mods are now useless.
Great job guys, great job !

7 Likes

joke isnt it. - can recommend my earlier post :slight_smile: