Off-Topic Thebeka/Alkabsi/Empire Rebellion Thread

(Kalaratiri) #41

Spirits above.

To think people were suspicious of me, while fifteen thousand kilometers away a creepy old man was running the cluster’s most questionable dining establishment.

(Mizhara Del'thul) #42

I think the suspicions tend to scale with the scale of the operations. What is essentially a slightly more robust jetcan with a crane on it compared to two small cities in space, potentially more heavily armed than any combat ship we can bring to highsec and acting like in-orbit staging or sanctuary for all manner of hostiles…

Well I’d say it’s rather natural to divide attentions and suspicions appropriately, no?

Honestly, all the littering around Thebeka is getting out of hand.

(Kalaratiri) #43

You don’t know very much about Raitarus do you.

(Samira Kernher) #44

Still more than a match for any single battleship with all of their defenses, but yes, they’re a bit wimpy in their armament.

(Talon Fair) #45

Good thing all the relevant parties can bring more than one then!

(Mizhara Del'thul) #46

Cheapfit, they still pump out more than a thousand (on paper, application depending) dps, 4mish ehp/timer (plus damage cap extending engagement), heavy neuting capabilities, and can tackle, ECM, etc depending on choices, out to several hundred kilometers in some cases. Rigless. Show me a highsec ship capable of doing this. Half my ships are more expensive for quite a lot less overall strength.

You can get more damage output from a ship, but you can’t exactly argue that there’s highsec vessels armed with that kind of damage, on top of 100+100km heavy neuts, 200+km tackle, etc. Even if the Raitarus are the shite end of that scale.

(Kalaratiri) #47

I mean, I’m not going to get into a huge debate over this.

The fact is a Raitaru might be able to do some of those things, but it can’t combine them well at all and sustainability is a huge issue.

(Mizhara Del'thul) #48

Oh I agree completely, it’s almost entirely shite, but I’d still put a Raitaru up against any single vessel in highsec.

I’d possibly put a depot up against a shuttle, freighter, and maybe even that weirdo little hacker frigate with a Sansha module slot or the solar sail freak we saw a while back, for a stalemate. Corvettes and up though, probably not a match.

All that said, I do think we’re oddly sidetracked by this nitpicking over ‘heavily armed’.

(Teinyhr) #49

Only YOU can prevent unnecessary accumulation of space debris.

(Melisma Ramijozana) #50

Don’t look at us. Our sky pies got shot up last week.

(Teinyhr) #51

In response to a few queries I have received, but I don’t think need a separate public announcement so this thread will do just fine:

Yes, I have been active in Thebeka with my trusty Prowler and slightly less trusty Kikimora a.k.a “Clippy”. Unlike last time, I’ve just kept my gob shut about the specifics, and frankly that seems to have worked better for me, as I have not had to worry about getting tangled up with the big boys and girls and have been able to carry out missions without disruption from anyone but local authorities. And yes, recent CONCORD changes to capsuleer combat regulations have benefitted me greatly too in this regard. Probably.