Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

After having rested, and gotten to my more specific data storage vaults, I have assorted readings and follow ups for you. You may, of course, try to verify them independently, at your leisure, or have someone else do so.

Specific to the system of Skarkon, accounting for average ‘seasonal’ shifting of the star. Prior to its transmutation, with measurements taken from other system surveys as far back as five years previous, the star’s luminosity was 0.93, a spectral classification of G7 V, and average temperature and output of 5191 K, and radius of 754,900km.

Post transmutation, while on a shorter scale of readings… Luminosity remains within a handful of percent of its previous, at with basic scans, still registering as 0.93 Lum, a minorly adjusted spectral classification with its transmutation but remaining within the range of a G7 V… average temp over the past few months of observation? Remain roughly around 5191 K, though this dips periodically on a more rapid cycle than previously. There’ll likely be more to go off of later on this bit. The most notable change? The star’s radius has reduced, based on stellar measurement techniques… but very minorly.

I bring back my other assessment that I’m more concerned, in terms of local system topography, about the long term spaciotemporal and gravitic shifts from the ‘weaving.’

And do not mistake anything I’ve said so far. I’ve not once said that these changes do not have consequences, but that the consequences we’re seeing are attributable to other things than the star’s transmutation, and the larger ramifications, though significant, won’t be felt for some decades at least, and centuries at most.

on a side note, I’d expect a continuing reduction in stellar radius over the next few years from the harvesting of the Dazh Porvitium transmuters, steady, but… considering the shear size of stellar masses, this likely won’t accelerate things any further than they already are in a notable way, in my professional assessment.

2 Likes