Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Thanks for your comments, which show absolutely zero evidence for your viewpoint and makes the post at it’s most elementary level a “no u”.

You do not have any special knowledge, and nor are you special, but you are very full of your own opinion, as worthless as it is.

You are an ignoramus. And ignorant people always shout the loudest.

Yup. Totally true. I don’t have any special knowledge. No access to it, either. None at all.

Clearly, I am the mindless point-and-shoot follower you’ve decided I am. No initiative. No agency. No influence anywhere.

:thumbsupparrot: You keep on displaying that big brain. You keep it up, you might even be as successful as Piggles, some day.

4 Likes

His ignorance certainly grants a smirk at least.

1 Like

I’m neither of those things, actually. Which you would know if you knew anything at all about me other than whatever ■■■■■■■■, invective-filled conspiracy theories the EDENCOM loyalists peddle to the masses about kybernauts and Triglavians.

Maybe try more than three sentences of actual conversation with someone before engaging in character assassination in the future. Might do you some good.

I didn’t know him at all until a couple months ago, when he reached out to me with a thought-provoking letter introducing himself, describing his history, and asking interesting philosophical questions. Answering that and the follow-up discussions afterward showed him to be a man of substantial intellect, quite different than the reductive rumors about his rakish personality suggest. (See what you can learn by using the revolutionary method of actually ■■■■■■■ TALKING to someone?)

I found him interesting and attractive. I told him directly. I don’t play stupid games, Ms. Jenneth. When I find someone I desire, I simply tell them so.

1 Like

I don’t know. He seemed very shaken, in a way that didn’t suggest mutual attraction to me, when you, to phrase this politely, exchanged words with him at the writing contest awards gala.

3 Likes

This is a huge thing for @Sahara_Jackal to make clear. After all, if Squizz’s killboard can be faked, then that has huge implications for folks like DnG, who have based pretty much all of their bragging on either outright lies, or, well… a killboard we’re now hearing also cannot be trusted to be the truth.

4 Likes

It’d be such a strange thing to fake a killmail for, though. I mean, if you were going to manipulate the system like that in a way that was nearly inevitably going to be exposed it seems like you could find something more … significant? To do it for?

1 Like

I dunno. I mean, look at it this way:

What kill could you manipulate that would be more significant than the very act of destroying everyone’s trust in killboards? How many eggers rely on those for their sense of self-worth in New Eden? No matter what the kill is, there’d be more people who really don’t care than people who do. But effectively killing killboards themselves?

Whoever did that would be freakin’ immortal. More of a household name among capsuleers than Tibus Heth, Empress Kittens, and Le Martini all combined.

I trust I’ll be forgiven for being a little more informal than my friends would expect in such a venue. I had lamented the inability to respond simply with the Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris logo due to this channel’s router setup. Chapter Master Lok’ri reminded me that sharing images worked, however. And so I felt the need to share an update I was working on, that is now immediately outdated.

A tremendously exciting new chapter for… the chapter… awaits.

7 Likes

And when Utari, pre-PIE Inc, was in Init, and before that CO2, he flew doctrine hulls, which is a lot more recently than say, Aldrith, has flown a Scimitar. Utari and I first met while he was flying logi under me. But that isn’t even what I was talking about. Look at where the bit you’re quoting comes from.

You’ll notice it’s before any mention of expanding skills. What I’m referring to there is that Utari, unlike most of PIE, has a breadth of experience, not skill training. Utari’s been in FW. He’s spent years engaging in larger fleet operations in nullsec. He’s done mid-sized actions in all sorts of areas. He has a broader range of experience than many of the people PIE is bringing to LUMEN.

So, now you know what I’m talking about. Actual experience, not just plugged-in skillsofts.

1 Like

Fair enough. Thank you for clarifying this

And the Chapter has been incredibly accommodating of my breadth of experience, giving me plenty of opportunity to give advice, put my opinion out on issues, support my leading of fleets or support FCing, authorised my secondment to BRAVE for Diplomatic/Missionary/Large Scale Combat Experience gathering and otherwise generally being incredibly supportive of my ambitions and welcoming of my contributions. I very much hope to continue to serve the Chapter in such capacity, given how valued each individual Paladin’s efforts have been, and how willing to capitalise on them Chapter Command is within our Order’s primary Mission.

5 Likes

One of the many things it is, there are several things going on, some of them even interesting!

Almost there.

Salvation from what? What to hope for?

There is quite a difference between reaching some destination and the journey.

Enjoy the run, you can leave the track anytime you want.

2 Likes

Hell.

Paradise.

Come back to us in space, Miss Morgana. You are missed.

I have certain commitments requiring attention at the moment, but it is good to know my presence is desired.

Perhaps next Union Day i talk a little about Kutuoto Miru at the new orbital center in New Caldari, i consider it a relevant tool for anyone in New Eden.

A big hug and remember the journey to wherever you are headed.

2 Likes

Really? Because I’m not seeing where the Triglavians are either retaking a homeworld they were driven off of by a starvation blockade, or even raiding an enemy power’s space to rescue people thought long lost without actually taking any worlds.

I can see the Reclaiming parallels a little better, but even then, the Empire never did irreparable damage to the potential biospheres of an entire star system (Starkman Prime is a standout incident, but it was, after all, one world, and they’ve not done it again).

I mean, if you want to talk about ‘conquering space’, that’d be one thing. But that’s not all they’re doing, is it? They’re altering people, doing long-term damage to entire solar systems’ ability to support life, and worst of all, they’re making people like Ferra and people like Saronu actually agree on something (even if it’s just ‘screw those jerks’).

Let’s face it, that last one’s gotta be its own category of war crime, or something. I’m shocked CONCORD didn’t haul Zorya Triglav themselves into Yulai for the annual ‘capsuleers kill illegal automatons’ mob justice rally.

Maybe they should add that for next year.

1 Like

I kinda doubt they can get a fix on Zorya for stuff like that, and even if they could there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of them. Getting a few at a time doesn’t seem to do much (how many did we kill during the invasion?) and if they could get the Zoryas all at once, I kinda feel like the mob loses that one.

I got the sense that the ‘Zorya’ ships in space were ships directly assigned to the service of the triune entity that identified themselves as ‘Zorya Triglav’ when communicating, rather than all of them actually being Zorya Triglav.

That’s something I’ve been wondering about a long time. One hypothesis for the strange “troika” configuration, where each Triglavian sort of combines three persons in one, is that it could allow the mass-reusing of specific infomorphs without the usual psychological effects. The commander of each “Zorya’s” ship might actually be Zorya Triglav.

Even if it’s not, though, and even if it’s possible, I wouldn’t expect such an abduction by CONCORD of what might well be the Triglavian head of state to have a happy ending. If they really have that kind of power, maybe they could, like, snatch “Master” Kuvakei first? That’s probably someone we can at least be a little more confident there’s only one of, and that his succession might be more complicated than having a fresh head of state walk out of a storage closet.