Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Yes, I’m aware. And my assessment of how long you’d last in nullsec now stands. Unlike you, I actually pay attention to who I’m talking to. Which is why I wouldn’t go trotting out my complete ignorance of other folks in the conversation to say stupid things like

But you keep on showing off how little you know, hey?

1 Like

as I remember it, Arrendis is a logistics pilot most of the time, so is usually pretty on the ball piloting-wise.

I think at one point I might even have been in the same fleet, during the Triglavian invasion. Or at least in the same system, on the same side. Arsia was there too as I remember it. Probably the system of Egyfge or whatever unpronounceable name. Eggy something. Minmatar space.

Now I’m not one for conspiracy theories or fictional romances, but does anyone spot a few key notes here?
I think our fine Divine Commodore @Mikal_Vektor has a soft spot for Blade Commander @Ferra_Orta ? Why else would someone go through all this trouble to catch their attention, if not in the name of Love?

1 Like

I think you might want to talk to someone about your obsession with love.

7 Likes

This is a public service announcement:

The overwhelming majority of people who hate one another do in fact not secretly yearn for one another. They actually just hate one another.

This is one of those situations where people have ridiculous expectations due to too many poorly written Gallente holomovies on the the subject.

11 Likes

I don’t think he actually has any of those expectations, Ms. Elkin. He just has a business (or something) based on lurid fantasies.

Same’s probably true of his customers. This kind of material doesn’t have to be real or even believable to be titillating.

Titillation’s the whole and, really, only point. Maybe with a little side-order of gleeful cruelty towards straight-laced or easily-embarrassed people who’d rather people not publicly think such things about them.

4 Likes

I am but a humble optimist and hopeless romantic.

There has never and never will be any malice intent in the products I ship. I only wish to help add spice to this otherwise bland cluster we call New Eden.

If there’s no malice intended, Mr. Flavours, you picked a dreadful first pairing to focus on. Jackal’s a performative sadist (or maybe more a sadistic exhibitionist) who for some reason latched onto Mr. Adams as a target.

The cruelty was inherent in the source material and obvious from the start-- so obvious that there’s no way you missed it.

5 Likes

There may not be malice, but if you’re spreading salacious rumors about people as a profitable business model, then maybe you should knock off that kind of invasive violation of other peoples’ personal lives.

3 Likes

— SECURE TRANSMISSION —
Thanks for throwing them off our scent Arsia. I’m still unsure how the petulant masses would digest news of my affection for Ferra. I am deeply grateful that you spared me this fate a little longer.
— TRANSMISSION ENDS—

1 Like

Have mercy…

I’m going to Anoikis, call me when all this blows over!

3 Likes

Or at least offer us a bloody cut…

1 Like

This can be arranged.

1 Like

and get consent, before starting that kind of rumormongering crap.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comments, which show absolutely zero evidence for your viewpoint and makes the post at it’s most elementary level a “no u”.

You do not have any special knowledge, and nor are you special, but you are very full of your own opinion, as worthless as it is.

You are an ignoramus. And ignorant people always shout the loudest.

Yup. Totally true. I don’t have any special knowledge. No access to it, either. None at all.

Clearly, I am the mindless point-and-shoot follower you’ve decided I am. No initiative. No agency. No influence anywhere.

:thumbsupparrot: You keep on displaying that big brain. You keep it up, you might even be as successful as Piggles, some day.

4 Likes

His ignorance certainly grants a smirk at least.

1 Like

I’m neither of those things, actually. Which you would know if you knew anything at all about me other than whatever ■■■■■■■■, invective-filled conspiracy theories the EDENCOM loyalists peddle to the masses about kybernauts and Triglavians.

Maybe try more than three sentences of actual conversation with someone before engaging in character assassination in the future. Might do you some good.

I didn’t know him at all until a couple months ago, when he reached out to me with a thought-provoking letter introducing himself, describing his history, and asking interesting philosophical questions. Answering that and the follow-up discussions afterward showed him to be a man of substantial intellect, quite different than the reductive rumors about his rakish personality suggest. (See what you can learn by using the revolutionary method of actually ■■■■■■■ TALKING to someone?)

I found him interesting and attractive. I told him directly. I don’t play stupid games, Ms. Jenneth. When I find someone I desire, I simply tell them so.

1 Like

I don’t know. He seemed very shaken, in a way that didn’t suggest mutual attraction to me, when you, to phrase this politely, exchanged words with him at the writing contest awards gala.

3 Likes

This is a huge thing for @Sahara_Jackal to make clear. After all, if Squizz’s killboard can be faked, then that has huge implications for folks like DnG, who have based pretty much all of their bragging on either outright lies, or, well… a killboard we’re now hearing also cannot be trusted to be the truth.

4 Likes