Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Well the Mannar are known for their extremism and violence. I do wonder if some of the Matari people they have murdered in Hueromon has been part of some ritual.

Iā€™m probably the last person to ask, but I feel thereā€™s a significant contrast between ritual, religious, human sacrifice and the ā€˜sacrificeā€™ of an uninhabited cloneā€¦ and subsequent consumption of.

Maybe some minority of the Mannar people, perhaps, but I donā€™t know that this sort of thing is widely practiced.

2 Likes

itā€™s art you wouldnā€™t get it

Youā€™re right. Too many colors.

1 Like

Incoming petty thought.

My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks on the 11th and Iā€™m contemplating doing something for a change, but Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™d want to do and if I even should bother worrying about it.

5 Likes

You should definitely celebrate your birthday. Special days are special, and you never know how many youā€™ll get. Make each moment worth it.

2 Likes

Celebrate it, Lady Arsia. Iā€™d be delighted to play and perform at your party if youā€™d like some piano accompaniment, schedule permitting.

1 Like

Since becoming a capsuleer, Iā€™m no longer convinced this is true. Death is now just a Tuesday in the office. Perhaps Sansha or the Triangles will prove me wrong.

Functional immortality does not equal true immortality. As capsuleers we may cheat Death for certain amount of time, but Death always gets its due in the end.

4 Likes

As I said before:

4 Likes

Death is just another name for transformation.

omnia mutantur, nihil interit

Well that gets into cultural views on the afterlife.

I donā€™t know that Iā€™d want a big party.

Maybe a lunch with a few people who I enjoy talking with and then a dinner with a few people who I enjoy talking with? That honestly sounds nice. Large parties can be draining.

I may have talked myself into my idea. Weā€™ll see.

2 Likes

Please do! I wanna see what you come up with.

1 Like

Ah, the delusion of capsuleer immortalityā€¦ we donā€™t even cheat death. Weā€™re just quickly replaced.

1 Like

Not necessarily.

Your organic matter is devoured by bacteria from within and without, and eventually your building blocks go to a tree or some other complex structure.

Conservation of mass hardly falls on the ā€œspiritualā€ category.

Who is ā€œCeeā€ and why were you talking about me?

Me too, thanks.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  you, earn your own accolades!

Now, now, thereā€™s room in this cluster for plenty of idiots.

Charles is mostly just pretending, though. He has a head on his shoulders.

So donā€™t worry, Joringer, youā€™re the real deal.