Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

“If you had a button to obliterate all Amarr on one go, would you push it?” used to be a philosophical question asked among new Minmatar capsuleers to gauge how far they’d be willing to go.

But then LF “solved the riddle” by saying “I’d threaten to push it unless they freed all the slaves”.

Everyone agreed that was a great idea until we remembered we don’t actually have the button(*) and went back to grinding more isk for the preparedness stockpile (those were simpler times).

(*) In another context, I have been told that such buttons are probably not just non-existent but also impossible, as during the Darkness there has been significant enough of overlap of blood that genetic separation of populations is hugely inaccurate on the level of individuals.

Pfffftt, alright, honey, you picked a ■■■■■■■ hilarious hill to die on, there. So you looked at all the options available between “the Minmatar Republic somehow forgot to deal with the slavery thing in a ■■■■■■■ treaty” and “the Minmatar Republic might be ■■■■■■■ lying”, and just threw your arms up in the air because you couldn’t guess what ■■■■■■■ happened? Yeah, I’m pretty ■■■■■■■ confident.

Also, fat load of ■■■■■■■■. You trade one master for another, and this whole thread’s been nothing but ■■■■■■■ Minmatar talking about how they’ve got no choices? ■■■■, the only one deciding ■■■■ about my life is me, not us, and that’s the only real freedom there ■■■■■■■ is.

You checked a killboard…

Hey, genius, you know philosophical ■■■■■■■■ aside, you haven’t “killed” anyone on a killboard in any way that ■■■■■■■ matters. ■■■■■■■ de-egg once in a while, there’s a world out there.

Then don’t ■■■■■■■ ask me for my opinion. I don’t ask for yours because ain’t nobody wants or ■■■■■■■ needs it, but don’t ask for ■■■■ and then afterwards pretend you didn’t ■■■■■■■ ask. You want my ■■■■■■■ word, you’re going to get my ■■■■■■■ word, not words you want coming out of my mouth, not ideas that make you feel better, and best of all, no ■■■■■■■■. You can say a lot of ■■■■, but no, I’ll tell you what’s on my ■■■■■■■ mind even if everyone, everywhere, Especially calling out that whole idea of caring about other people when the ■■■■■■■ you’re defending are now fully discussing provoking the mass death of trillions of Amarrians and Matari alike. Yeah, you know what? I don’t feel so ■■■■■■■ bad about my not ‘caring’.

Next time, be smart enough not to ask if you don’t want a ■■■■■■■ answer.

Well hey now… you’re entitled to your own, albeit ironic, opinion!

Bwaahahahaha, oh Else. You don’t get outcast for not giving a ■■■■ when you’re told to give a ■■■■ about something you’re supposed to give a ■■■■ about. That’s just ■■■■■■■ annoying for people. You get cast out for giving a ■■■■ about things you’re not supposed to give a ■■■■ about when you’re not supposed to give a ■■■■ about it. That’s inconvenient.

Well. See, the thing is, that amongst the many annoying questions that people ask me about my work in Takmahl archaeology, is the question of if I have “found the Takmahl gene weapon yet ?”

Seems some Covenant bods investigating the Takmahl’s gene-engineering artifacts several years ago, uncovered some references to a bioweapon that could be keyed to a particular population’s DNA. The Covenant also found a bunch of other Takmahl bioweapon stuff, plague spores, virus bombs, nerve gas, and the like. But not this apparent gene-weapon. Everyone knows the Takmahl were heavy into cybernetics and genetics, is it possible they really did develop such a weapon ? A slim possibility, but one that I cannot definitely rule out.

I’ve also heard an account by a Covenant person that they met a scientist from the Khanid Kingdom, who seemingly gave the impression that the Kingdom was in possession of such a bioweapon or device. I have doubts, naturally.

Now, both Omir Sarikusa and King Khanid seem of the type that would declare something like “If I’m going down, I’m taking you with me!”, should they be on the verge of total defeat, so I wouldn’t rule out them deploying such a weapon, should they possess one.

So like you say, I’m doubtful that such things exist, but concerned that they might.

I have no idea what angle your coming from Joringer, or who’s side if any you are on… and to be honest I don’t really care. But you have the smell of an Amarrian.

1 Like

Grief above and below, I hate the IGS.

Let me put this in a way that you simpletons–both Amarr and Matari, as it happens–might understand:

There is a difference between fighting for freedom and killing uninvolved civilians.

The former is not only justifiable, but honorable, and must be done in order to secure the future of the Matari people.

The latter is butchery. It’s disgraceful. It’s a war crime. It’s useless and makes you no better than the evil you claim to wish to root out.

There is a line, and Ushra’Khan has crossed it.

I just ■■■■■■■ said no one’s but mine, if you’re paying attention…

Yes you do, or you wouldn’t be talking about it, you’d have blocked me like everyone else’s who got suddenly honest about how much they cared…

Because I’m an ■■■■■■■ who doesn’t tell you what you want to hear, and God knows I couldn’t have learned that ■■■■ anywhere else…

Now, in two sentences, you went ignorance - indifference - causus belli, and you all ■■■■■■■ wonder why I don’t buy your ■■■■■■■■ anymore than anyone else’s? Get the ■■■■ out of here with that dime comic nonsense. Just say you don’t ■■■■■■■ like me like everyone else who’s not bothering to dress it up in ■■■■■■■■ and move on.

Ushra’khan has probably the best PR in the entire cluster, making people think that they are something that they never were.

Ushra’khan crossed that line years ago. Spirits, they probebly started on the wrong side of that line to begin with. They have never claimed to be better. They have never claimed that they had a line. Ushra"khan, for as long as I can remember, has only ever made one claim: That they would do anything that they deemed necessary to achieve their goal.

What alot of people do not seem to understand, or at least are willfully ignorant of, is that while individuals make up the organization, Ushra’Khan is an embodiment of the RAGE of the the Matari.

Rage is not rational. Rage is drastic. Rage is difficult to control and reason with.

2 Likes

None of this excuses their behavior.

What’s your argument? That I should shut up and accept their murderous–no, genocidal–actions just because, according to you, they’ve always been that way?

If so, not only are you wrong, you’ve also completely misjudged me.

And ‘pretty ■■■■■■■ confident’ is a far cry from the absolute certainty of

So, you know, good job admitting you were talking out your ass, you pathetic sack of suet.

I have no master. I have the choices I make, and the commitments I choose to honor. I decide who I am. The very fact that you can’t see that just illustrates what an idiot you are.

I also haven’t claimed to have killed people, have I? Believe me, if I could check the criminal registries for you killing people out of the pod, I would. But since I can’t, I’m forced to rely on the evidence that’s available. You certainly haven’t provided a scrap of it to back up your claims.

Asking you for an answer doesn’t mean I can’t critique the answer, fool.

I’m not defending anyone, dumbass. My description of Harkon wasn’t a defense, it was a description. Are war crimes horrible things? Yep. Should people commit them? Gonna say ‘no’ as a general principle. Does that mean I see a clear equivalence between Napkins and Harkon? Not even close. One of them’s a delusional idiot with self-esteem issues who uses abuses against the helpless as a way to compensate for his lifetime of failure at even attempting relationships. The other’s a bloodthirsty terrorist hell-bent on his cause no matter who gets hurt. Totally different things.

I got exactly the answer I wanted, and knew I’d get.

No, because you’re a duplicitous liar who’s only in it for themselves while casually and reflexively invoking the Amarr god in your reactive thought patterns.

Ding!

I mean, hell, people, these are the eggers who openly called for Karin Midular’s murder while she was in power.

I mean, you folks have all seen those lovely red-and-white SKINs for Minmatar ships? You do know ‘Bloody Hands’ is a reference to ‘the Bloody Hands of Matar’, a terrorist organization dedicated to the overthrow of the Midular government… inspired by the Ushra’Khan?

U’K are monsters, murderers, terrorists, and pirates. This is not news[1]. But unlike Arrach Sarum, they’re honest about who they are and what they’re doing.

1. If you look in here, you may even see a familiar name or two.

1 Like

Like I said to Aloga: What’s your point? That just because this isn’t “new” means they should be able to do ■■■■ all to civilians?

My point, is that any surprise of their actions points towards willful naiveté. Any “crossed the line” rhetoric honestly sounds like someone decided to stand on a soapbox without actually knowing what the ■■■■ they are talking about, because if this is the line for you, that implies that you supported their bounty on Prime Minister Midular, which I doubt.

By all means, be outraged and denounce their actions, just recognize that this is U’K doing what U’K does.

2 Likes

Alternatively, he could be simply saying ‘like it or not, that’s who they are.’

Should they be able to? I’d ask: Should anyone be able to? If the answer is ‘no’, then that answer has to be applied to everyone, and the number of documented cases of abuses, including fatalities, perpetrated by U’K shrinks to insignificance when compared to those perpetrated against slave populations by the people who claim to be their ‘caretakers’. Empire, Cartel, Nation, doesn’t matter who you’re talking about, those abuses are endemic to any slave society.

So: If you’re going to oppose U’K’s transgressions, will you oppose with proportionate fervor those of all of the others who commit similar offenses? I’m not saying anyone should be excused… I’m just saying that if you’re going to stand on principles when condemning them, you need to be prepared to apply those principles universally.

1 Like

Huh. How could I have forgotten that? Oh right, I know: Because I wasn’t a capsuleer at that time, or any time up to November YC120. Weird!

Have we met?

I oppose anyone who engages in murdering civilians or otherwise perpetrating genocidal actions toward any endgame. I oppose it in the Empire and I hate those who support it there. I hate the Cartel and I shoot them for fun. I hate Nation and you can regularly find me wrecking their hideaways. I hate Blooders. Serpentis. Guristas. Triglavians. Templis Dragonaurs. Take your pick.

Honestly, what’s your motive for asking me that? This has been my stance for nearly a year now. I rant about it regularly here and on fluid routers. Why are you surprised?

And no, this isn’t a blanket admonition of everything U’K does: it’s specifically about murdering civilians. If you want my stance on their other policies, you’ll have to be specific, because I know you. If I give a blanket condemnation, then you’ll accuse me of opposing their practice of peeing while standing up or some ■■■■■■■■.

Did I say I’m surprised? Because I’m not.

I am, however, pointing out that you’ve taken other Matari to task in the past for not being willing to extend to the Empire a benefit of the doubt you’re not willing to extend to U’K. And U’K, on the whole, are not even 1/1,000,000,000,000 the offenders the Empire is. Because the Empire isn’t doing it in extremis. The Empire takes as their default position that it is perfectly ok to murder millions of non-combatants. There will be no consequences, not even an official statement of mild disapproval.

And if you doubt that, ask Duke Chakaid how officially frowned-upon his mass murder was.

1 Like

Wasn’t he promoted?

Twice, and made a member of the Theology Council.

1 Like

No, smart one, but Elsebeth went through the ■■■■■■■ arduous task of reading up to at least see that I was outcast, so I’m assuming you can’t be… what the ■■■■ was it… “absolutely certain of”?

Speaking of…

See, all that?

Means I know you’re talking out of your ass, and I already know you don’t take this ■■■■ seriously. You’re bored, I’m bored, but let’s not mince ■■■■■■■■ here…

You’re here defending Elsebeth, who I’m calling on her ■■■■■■■■, because she is defending Harkon, and I’m saying that when we’re talking about enabling people who are now openly talking about, ■■■■■■■ again, killing trillions of people on both sides of the border, I’m not making any ■■■■■■■ exceptions. Because that’s some Amarr ■■■■, and we were supposed to be a little more real than that.

We’re not, but we talk ■■■■ like we are. You know, like this…

There’s only one group on record not going to Floseswin to stop this Armageddon scenario, and they ain’t ■■■■■■■ Matari. I know, I know, I’m supposed to be a good Sebiestor and ‘but Amarr’ all the ■■■■ I ever say about my own people (it’s not like they don’t do with us, ha ha!) But guess what, I don’t have to be subjective when I call ■■■■■■■■ and I don’t have to make an equivalency when something’s ■■■■■■ up. No matter how ■■■■■■ up the Amarr are, and you’re deeper into the ■■■■■■■ Amarr than I’ll ever be right now, you don’t get to ignore people being ■■■■■■ up. Deflection’s ■■■■■■■ weak, always has been.

But hey, if it makes you more comfortable, you can just append your own “but the Amarr…” to the end of everything if it saves you any ■■■■■■■ time. Me? I don’t have time to protect anyone’s ■■■■■■■ ego.

Which is why I didn’t claim certainty. I simply stated what I’d found. But once again, good job arguing against what wasn’t said.

Nope. I’m not. Else doesn’t need me defending her. I’m just calling you out on being a lying piece of crap.

I’m pretty comfortable opining that you wouldn’t know how to be a good Sebiestor if you were given a manual on the topic written in large letters with bright crayons.

Alright, listen, honey, I know everyone here’s got a ■■■■■■■ ego. I don’t. I really, honestly, 100% do not give a ■■■■ if you call me an ■■■■■■■ or whatever. Believe me, there’s a lot of reasons to not ■■■■■■■ like me. I cop to that. But don’t go ripping off this ■■■■…

And then say that ■■■■, because it really kills your ■■■■■■■ momentum. Just go in like you ■■■■■■■ mean it, I promise, I will not give a ■■■■ any more than if you really did mean it. I mean, look at this…

You got that 100% ■■■■■■■ right. And believe me, you’re way in the back of the line trying to get me to sit down and color like yinz guys.

Except I’m not. I don’t give a fedo fart what you do. Frankly, if I didn’t enjoy calling you a lying piece of crap entirely on its own merits, I’d have blocked you immediately after pointing out that you have exactly nothing of value to offer.

1 Like