Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

You can make cakes out of cookies.

Or a cookie cake.

Nearly everyone presents opinion as fact from time to time, Mr. Havohej. Are you really an exception? Maybe, but, oh, look:

“It really isn’t difficult.”

… and in the flow of impromptu conversation, being consistent about this is even harder than it is here on a forum, where we get to think about every word.

Hm.

Nobody’s perfect. Most people don’t even try. I have been trying for a while, now. For my own benefit, no one else’s. Which is to say, I can’t see any use in you playing “gotcha” games with me about it.

But it isn’t - for me. That’s true. Difficulty is subjective. The implication is in the word itself. If you take it in any other sense, that’s on you.

1 Like

She’s probably just pointing out that your use of absolutes allows for no imperfection in that. ‘Never’ leaves no room for ‘I may have slipped up once or twice’. It leaves no room for ‘Nobody’s perfect, but I’m trying’. See, because if you’re trying, you aren’t always succeeding. Which would mean you’ve failed at least once.

Which means ‘never’ is not, in fact, a fact.

2 Likes

Well, at least you admit to doing the dumber thing.

This being is confused.

What you can do is a cheesecake type cake, that uses crushed biscuits as the base. It’s a fun kind of cake that can be made in a variety of sizes, and can be made by children, as it requires little technical skill, and no dangerous cooking equipment.

1 Like

This being feeds himself with an healthy and balanced diet without any excess of calories, glucose and fats. Earthologists called that “Mediterranean diet, the perfect one”.

That sounds like a drag.

This has to be the weirdest word I have ever seen. What even is that?

Damn fool earthology, if I had to wager by the look. Since the weird word contains “terra” and this fellow speaks like one of those transcendental cultists that recruit with a blasted holodrone. “Boundless potential confined to a meat robot.”

They don’t carry much cash.

5 Likes

I think it’s Amarrish for ‘in the middle of the dirt’?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t suggest eating what you find in the middle of the dirt.

3 Likes

This being told you. Ask the earthologists…

Asking earthologists is a bad decision. No one should ask an earthologist, or earthologists, plural.

When you ask them, they answer, and then they don’t ever stop and it’s so much worse than someone telling you about a holoseries they like that you saw one episode of and didn’t like very much. They will tell you about Rasia. They will tell you about Bezil. And the Moon War, and how we should only eat things that grew there because we evolved to digest it better, oh my God it does not end ever. They make up very, very stupid things and they keep making them up and then they look at you and say “So! Now I’ve proven it!”

And they tell all their friends that you want to talk about earthology things. Do NOT ask earthologists.

5 Likes

They just have thesis and thoughts about clues who managed to have to think about similar things.

Indeed! It all starts with perfectly believable stuff such as the common origin theory and genetic evidence on animal and plant species, and then ends in the Enheduanni conspiracy and that Heth was a shapeshifting alien lizard. Anything about Terra is a very slippery slope.

2 Likes

Eh, common origin’s a no-brainer. Convergent evolution just doesn’t produce partially-terraformed planets or the Crystal Steppes. It’s the shapeshifting alien lizard bit that gets problematic.

Though it would explain matters about a different Caldari national… hmmm.

6 Likes

Still better than asking a gallentean!