Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

We know, we know…

Wrassel’in is lots of fun.

Except nobody ever wants to wrassel with me.

:frowning:

I’m sure if you ask Julian kindly enough he’d be happy to facilitate. He seems to be a ‘hands on’ kinda guy…

I don’t think in this case just a motivation will be enough. I’d recommend a decade or two of thorough education, behavior conditioning, heavy medicamentation to support stagnated neuron growth and using of Subcranial Nanocontrollers to compensate the malfunctioning natural abilities. Lai Dai provides the best solutions, and you, if you really need, can instill power even into such biological curiosities.

I am not sure about Sabik belifs though, but I really don’t know what you’ll get from empowering that creature, it seems to me to be just waste of isk.

Though, maybe, her lack of analytical skills will make her the best candidate to be a cultist? Is this what you’re looking for? Fresh meat for Blood Raiders?

I’d offer, but I only know the rules for nudie wrestling, and I think you might be a couple of mass divisions higher than me.

I’m mostly just being kind and compassionate. Because that’s part of my religion as well. Encouraging people to better themselves.

Back when I was in high school, my PE teacher suggested that I could be a great aerobics instructor, since I had a sunny personality and was good at encouraging people. Which was probably why I was cheerleader captain.

That’s not a problem.

Which would give you an advantage in speed and flexibility.

Myth, sadly perpetuated by media and games. Unless saddled by excess fat, mass advantage usually also gives a speed advantage. Either through increased muscle to accelerate the limb, increased reach which coupled with strength advantage further increases speed or combinations of both etc. The only real disadvantage to mass increase is inertia which slightly affects how quickly you can reverse a motion. Flexibility also shouldn’t be a concern unless one entirely omits basic maintenance of it.

Weight classes exist for a reason. Mass always wins barring excessive skill disparity.

3 Likes

As someone in the “basically a coat rack, easily lifted in one hand” weight class I can confirm this is why (1) I treasure the training in dirty fighting I got from Charles; (2) my practical loadout tends to involve a sidearm and a knife (both good for small people); and (3) even then, almost all of my clones are pretty heavily cybered combat models.

The physical disadvantages to being itty are substantial, so if I can’t afford to lose I also can’t afford to fight fair.

1 Like

This babe. “Cowgirl” I call her. The very embodiment of Minmatar starship engineering - versatile, fast and sexy AF. Her ‘underdog’ reputation actually serves her well - a lot of ships get blown up daily because their captains think ‘it’s only a firetail’.

During my additinal training course in State War Academy I also grew quite fond of the Merlin. My first steps as a capsuleer combatant were made in that boat - always liked it close and personal. And there were countless successful ops against the odds in Merlin gangs during my service with the Ghosts - gud times) And again, I quite dig her looks)
And of course it would be unfair not to mention the Catalyst. Aside from her representing the very nature of what I consider ‘proper kind of combat’, she’s one of the best ships for trench duty. Very few ships manage to pull range in time when you have a high ground. And her falloff is also what people tend to uderestimate or outright forget off. I’ve once blapped an interceptor orbiting me at 20k - just a few grazing shots with null. To be fair thou, that was mostly because some kind of a communication failure - his mates were supposed to come for help. But I doubt he expected Cattie to connect damage to him at all.
Hurricane feels kind of special to me as well. Not a whole lot of oppurtunity for her where I spend most time, but I think she’s what most people would picture if asked what does Anger of the Tribes look like.

Better than to bring weapons is to bring people with weapons.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone agrees with me!

Don’t get me wrong tho - CODE. hisec shenanigans is nowhere close to ‘proper kind of combat’. I only meant the virtues of the tool, but not the nature of its most renowned wielders)

Ablative meat armor has its uses, but when that fails it’s not exactly a drawback to have the skillset and toolset to take care of things yourself. Besides, some places ablative meat armor is just… uncouth.

Ablative what now ? You wrap yourself in raw bacon rashers and they cook off as you come under laser attack ?

Why yes, that is precisely what the context implies. Certainly.

1 Like

You are almost as grumpy a sourpuss as Arrendis is.

Do they grow on trees in Mikramurka or what ?

2 Likes

Grumpy? I think you fail to understand. We take pleasure and find joy in our ways. That this tends to be at the expense of trite dullards is merely a delightful side-effect.

2 Likes

Of course. But sometimes having a squad isn’t much of an option, you know?

Besides, what Miz describes as “ablative meat armor” kinda strikes me as inconsiderate of the “meat.” Sure, it’s a bodyguard’s job to die protecting a client if necessary, but death’s comparatively pretty trivial for me.

Maybe it’s hypocritical of me to worry about the lives under my command, but, I don’t seem to be able to help it and I’m not sure I want to. It’s why I avoid personally meeting my crews.

2 Likes

Nah, it’s their job to live doing that. Death of either of us is a failure of both.

2 Likes