Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

Indeed. Hypothetically, some people blow up the defenceless mining vessels of their allies in the sovereign territory of their allies and then say that it didn’t count because they weren’t leading the fleet and that they can’t leave a group that has clearly moved to piracy because it would be treason and, somehow, do not get punished for it. Hypothetically, some people openly support someone who has been denounced as a terrorist with an outstanding warrant for arrest but get no admonishment for it. These hypothetical people then feel they are able to then judge others as pirates and criminals despite their own pasts.

I care not to judge people myself but I’m sure someone with a better past than mine might be able to cast an opinion on what should happen to such people.

EDIT: In more important discussion pieces, I am currently in an area of space with limited resources. What is a good lunch choice in null sec stations as I shall be eating out of the canteens here for a little while…

Not at all, Commander. Consider the case of the Minmatar Rebellion—essentially a widespread slave revolt. We did not seek to topple the government of the Empire, only to remove ourselves from it. And we would be more than happy to let the Amarr continue to exist and rule themselves, if only they would allow the Minmatar the same consideration.

Secession is a form of revolt, rebellion, and rejection of the existing laws. And Kernher is correct: laws must apply to all who live within a society. When they do not, when those in power are held to be above the laws they are charged with upholding, this should be taken as a warning light, an indicator that the hierarchy of that society is itself corrupt. That it no longer serves the general interest and well-being of the people.

This means that the hierarchy of that society no longer serves the purpose for which society exists. When the structure of a society no longer serves the purpose for which it exists, then that structure must be re-evaluated.

1 Like

I love this by the way

1 Like

Didn’t you know that perverting words of other speakers means only trolling them and shows your inability to reasonably object them while displaying your utter ignorance and denial of presented facts, that basically invalidates whatever message you wanted to bring whatsoever?

Well, now you know.

Why don’t you explain why the sentence stops working with those changes?

1 Like

Because I don’t have to explain that to people who come into discussions with ill intentions.
What I have to explain, is that I clearly haven’t said that, and attempt to claim I said something that I didn’t is nothing but a lie and libel. And those who spread public lies about me, they aren’t worth my time.

For the love of gods not this again.

But it’s true. Claiming someone said something they didn’t on public constitutes a lie on public about that someone, don’t you agree?

1 Like

And this is why you should never engage Diana Kim in discussion.

4 Likes

Commander, in this case, the intention was clearly to draw a comparison. I sincerely doubt Kalaratiri was making any serious claim that you had, in fact, spoken about fighting against the Empire or founding the Republic. Rather, she is highlighting the parallels between the Caldari Secession and the Minmatar Rebellion.

1 Like

Hey don’t drag me into this.

My apologies, brain and fingers failed to synch up.

's ok, it happens.

I am utterly unsurprised that you missed the message I wanted to bring.

The point was not to say you were saying those things.

I changed your words, yes. To give them a new, parallel meaning. To highlight the irony of your previously stated beliefs about the “criminal” Republic, and how your statements on the Caldari “succession” can be applied directly to the Republic.

Well, I am not a Black Eagle to judge for intention. I can judge only for facts. And fact was claiming I said something which I’ve never would say. When one builds parallel, they ask questions if they look the same, or make a claim that it’s te same - which would be way less polite way than asking, but could work. Did she do that? No. She changed my words into something I never said.

At least you admit THAT.

But don’t tell me it wasn’t a point, since that’s what you did. It’s the same as a criminal would approach victim, shoot them from automatic rifle all across the body would say afterwards, “Oh, it’s misunderstandint, I didn’t mean to kill them, I just wanted to shoot them a bit!” That claim is just as “smart” as the one you did saying that wasn’t your point.

You modified MY quote, attributing your unwise words to ME. Of course it implied your claim that I said somethig that I never said.

In any way, it’s a lie about me, it can be called a slander, it can be called libel, the result is the same.
You. Dared. To. Lie. About. Me. In. Public.

And if you foolishly believed I would leave that without attention, you were TERRIBLY MISTAKEN.

Dear spirits, you’re dense.

2 Likes

From what I can tell, it’s the only charming personality trait she has.

1 Like

Like a cheap perfume, that charm wears off eventually.

Kim, it was obvious to anyone with brains enough to be a capsuleer in the first place that Kala did not intend to claim you said those words, but rather to pose the alternative version to call attention to the fact that if you believe it in the Caldari case, you should also believe in it in the Minmatar case.

Please don’t act stupider than you are just so you can dance another pride charade. It’s tiresome.

5 Likes