Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

The “stereotypical ■■■■■■■■” did not begin with me. Please address your concerns on this matter elsewhere.

Oh, for the love of…

So it is. Of course it is.

1 Like

Melisma’s role with us was never a secret, thus the terminology does not apply.

Strategically, basing off of this:

The intent is likely to show that there are elements within the Republic that are actively pursuing a counter narrative to a perceived ‘warmongering’ stance, and that they are actively attempting to promote this stance.

They are just laughably bad at it.

You mean like an off topic thread?

No, I think the Krusual I’ve met I would describe as discrete in cleaning up their messes.

I don’t think any of the Tribes do the whole: “It was me, I was the spy this whole time!” Act though, much less the Krusual.

No… no, it does not. Approval can lead to a form of influence, but it is by no means an absolute situation. I approve of a lot of things U’K is doing right now. I am not about to try to push the rest of the Directorate to take our Coalition into the Minmatar Militia. Not even if U’K asked.

Beyond that, disapproval is a far more effective and reliable form of influence. It’s a lot easier to get people to do what you want them to do out of spite than because they like you. If something’s inconvenient, people have a tendency to hem and haw about why they’d love to help, but they just can’t, right now.

Make it something that someone they despise doesn’t want them to do? Ohhh, then it’s not ‘inconvenient’, it’s an opportunity. It’s a chance for that visceral dopamine hit of ‘screw you, jerkface! HAH!’

You want to influence people, give them 3 things:

1. Something to fear.
  2. Someone to spite.
  3. Someone offering them the chance to stick the shiv in deep.

Set that up, make the temptation strong enough… and they’ll do whatever you want.

It’s more evidence of influence than any of the statements you’re quoting are evidence against it. As for the summit last month… Mel’s problem at that summit was not her associations. It was her lack of respect for the rules of the Summit.

Those rules were clear: Are you the person currently recognized to have the floor? No? THEN SHUT UP.

And it’s not that she ‘didn’t’ shut up, it’s that, when reminded of the rules, she not only actively refused to abide by them, she went out of her way to complain about them. Pol got his butt kicked out, too. It was hardly ‘let’s pick on Mel’. Frankly, the fact that neither one of them could abide by the damned rules annoyed the piss out of me, but yelling at them to shut the feck up? Would’ve been against the rules, so I didn’t.

People don’t wanna get called whatever name is handy, they shouldn’t act like petulant, spoiled brats. They do that, they shouldn’t be surprised if folks go looking for shots they can take… after all, that’s just (2) and (3), you know?

2 Likes

No, like @Veikitamo_Gesakaarin.

Yes, please do tell us more of how we operate. We’re so very curious.

Badly.

2 Likes

Then why am I surprised?

I mean, she seemed to have some interesting ideas but it wasn’t exactly clear she was speaking for an institution, under orders.

Am I misunderstanding something?

2 Likes

My opinion of the Krusual is that they’re usually professional and don’t air their dirty laundry in public – like say, the IGS with clusterwide readership.

No.

And yet we achieved all of our objectives excepting this one.

Likely.

You are correct.

Sure you did. Got a list handy? Because really, this just comes across like ‘nu-uh, you all totally fell into our trap!’ especially given your blatantly bad understanding of how people are influenced.

Gods and spirits.

Well … I am foreseeing some awkward conversations.

1 Like

Well, I guess my congratulations go to Elsebeth Rhiannon for managing to reveal a Krusual conspiracy apparently without even trying to do so.

5 Likes

A krusual conspiracy that is trying to push peace - that would make even the deepest conspiracy theorist’s head spin!

Well … Else’s Liked all three of my last posts, so either she’s enjoying seeing me upset or it kind of succeeded.

Empire and Republic loyalist forces, united in gobsmackedness.

3 Likes

I do not believe for a moment the Krusual have anything to do with this. Krusual attempts at subterfuge are far less amateurish, and never, ever, admitted.

I won’t pretend to have been paying any attention whatsoever to Melisma’s drama, but this seems to be a poorly insanely crafted attempt at moving the key element of its cause out of the public eye.

I would suggest that Melisma is in fact currently lying in the Archbishop’s bed, wearing his shirt, and quietly vowing to a self-imposed house arrest.

7 Likes

It’s true I was kind of wondering if this might be a PR firm having a bright idea.

1 Like

I would be interested to hear what you consider as my ‘typical thinking’ considering I do not believe we have interacted personally before. If we have, I apologise as I am not the best with names and faces but it would be interesting to see an ‘outside’, so to speak, take on how I come across.

Personally, I have been attempting to pursue more of a middle-ground - trying to ask questions rather than to make statements. I would like to highlight the word ‘seem’ in the statement you quoted for one particular reason - my point was to highlight to you the perception that recent announcements and discussions have had. I was not stating that this was fact or that you were in the wrong for it - I am sure you have your own reasons - but I felt that you had misread the room and that, by conveying a ‘my way or the highway’ mentality - intended or not - it came across as rather… authoritarian.

You see, I am trying to choose my words carefully. When I joined Signal Cartel I swore that I would not take sides in any political dispute as our impartiality is key to the culture and the success of the corp. Also, recent discussions on the IGS have been somewhat… heated between the Amarr and Matar loyalists and I do not know enough to speak on them without potentially stoking the fires more so in ignorance. But the decision to seemingly remove Melisma of IGS privileges for a perceived failure following one discussion point that, admittedly, spread across almost every board on here is rather confusing and I would like to know more about your thought process.

Who knows? It might even help some of the other capsuleers understand your collective decisions. Or, perhaps, you may wish to pigeonhole my comment as not needing comment based on my past posting history which, in all honesty, is probably fair to do.

I hope I have tried to explain my position so it does not come across as a simple attack on a group and individuals I know little about. I would be interested to hear your side and would like to invite you to do so in the spirit of clarity, neutrality and openness that I am attempting to foster.

1 Like