Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Than you for this post, Arrendis; it has been most informative. However, I am still under no illusion that Alizabeth’s authority in this matter may be overridden or undermined at any time, and so I still cannot take your word or even hers as granted and final. As for her dropping capital ships on me, I rather hope she would not do that for the mere crime of causing a proven enemy of the Empire a minor inconvenience. Seems rather excessive and… treacherous; I trust Alizabeth enough to believe she would not do that.

Thank you also for pointing out the multiple political implications of these events, but I am well aware of what they are. This is no simple matter, and it is why foreign actors can only get in the way of things, including capsuleer ones. Goonswarm’s presence undermines the Empire’s authority in the end, and while you present it as merely protecting Goonswarm’s interests, the truth is that you have your own interest to further. Your declaration about Chakaid was quite clear.

Well. Can’t argue with that.

2 Likes

Ah, no. I present it as Goonswarm’s interests aligning with the maintenance of a peaceful and cooperative environment for S&R operations. My own interests generally align with preservation of life.

And in the larger scheme of things, the eradication of Alar Chakaid and any who take his orders serves all of those interests.

And really, I’d hope she doesn’t drop capitals on you, either. So don’t make her do it.

1 Like

It will not come to that.

I’d just like to say, I missed all of you and everything.

1 Like

Even me?

Gonna move this over here so as not to continue derailing ARC’s thread.

Well gosh, ‘Squash’ (that’s how you do this, right, call someone some kind of gourd? Any bonus points for rhyming?) I guess you really told me, huh? Only, you know, I didn’t question anything about the relationship to the Amarr, did I? So, what, you’re erecting some weak-ass straw-man as an attempt to be smarmy and imply I don’t know how neuts relate to the Amarr? If that’s your best response to having it pointed out that nobody uses the term you’re trying to paint as commonly used, I’d hate to see how ineffectually you flail about when someone actually blows you up.

Freakin’ blooders. All the same.

3 Likes

Well … not quite all the same. This one hasn’t impressed me a lot either, though (not that this is an easy thing for Sabik to do).

Aside from what you said, the thing that has me rolling my eyes just a little is that the Triglavians aren’t particularly strong with “energy weapons” over and above their facility with smartbombs or tinker fleets. So even if there’s a special reason to identify such weapons with the Amarr, the Triglavians just kind of do “utility” high-power slots well in general.

(Also, usually an “energy turret” is just a turret equipped with … well … energy weapons.)

(I guess not being able to admit you said something a bit silly might really be a Sabik trait?)

(Am I being petty saying things like that?)

2 Likes

I don’t remember this Arrendis, but I do remember a bunch of moaning nonsense about the entropic death of the Universe. Oh, and there was some sycophantic twit. W… something.

At least “energy weapons” is an improvement on all that.

1 Like

Oh, especially you, Alizabeth.

1 Like

Oh, that’s alright, Squishy-squash. I wouldn’t expect you to. I just know how to look up your records and see you’ve been corpmates with Funk in [KFIE-]. That tells me basically all I’ll ever need to know about the wasted carbon that calls itself Gosakumori Noh.

3 Likes

Lying is a sin, your grace. I would have understood ‘maybe a little bit’ or ‘kind of,’ but especially? Naw.

1 Like

Nonsense, it’s no lie. There aren’t many who directly suffered, then enabled our entire operation, and yet I had no time to contact you to help. It is honestly good to hear from you. I’ve no shame in admitting I was worried about you and it’s heartening to hear from you.

At least being a corpmate with Funk is times better than being a corpmate with a … goon :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Both have their negatives and positives…

2 Likes

Firstly, ten out of ten Amarr disagree. Secondly, nine out of ten Khanid disagree. (There’s not accounting for the taste of a certain mouthy noble.)

Finally, did you mean that as an insult?

2 Likes

Funny how the universe works. We lose one bad actor in the person of Funk and gain another in Noh. :thinking:

3 Likes

You are the sweetest thing, Diana darling!

Swarms are not my schtick, but I have been in and out of space for a good decade some odd plus, now, and BoB really needed to go. In addition, there are members of those giant conglomerations who show admirable qualities. I hope that Lyris is doing well.

With respect to Anyanka, I have found that we learn the most interesting things from associations which fall outside our comfort bubbles. Anya, you, Diana darling, and my very occasional co-conspirator Schere - though each quite (quite) different - rank among the most memorable people I’ve ever met; and memories are all we have in the end, really.

Tangentially, I probably shout “the Federation must be destroyed” for no apparent reason at least twice a quarter. I can’t quite figure out where I got that from…

2 Likes

Lyris has retired, and donated the proceeds of skill extraction to the GSFC program, among other causes.

2 Likes

Anabella Rella blames another person in being a… “bad actor” :woman_facepalming:
Imagine pulling your hovercar slightly above speed limit. And then there will be Rella outrunning you, sticking head from her window and screaming “Stop speeding, you’re a bad driver!” :rofl:

1 Like

I heard that Aldrith Shutaq doesn’t actually exist, and it’s just a bunch of rodents wearing a rubber mask that posts on the IGS.

2 Likes