Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Yes privacy in the end!!!

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like

Arrive back where you came from. Meanwhile, moved your derailing to off-topic, so your attempt will be in vain.

Now, that’s quite amusing. There are some blogs where pilots tell about their life. There are narcissits telling about themselves… and here comes… YOU, to start discussion about ME and blaming me in doing so.
Excuse me for blunt question, but are you an idiot?

In fact, I just thought… I almost never reveal any information about myself, mostly just fighting off those fools who make up stuff about me. Maybe it’s time to change it?

Stay tuned, will do today!

Obsessed? Now where did YOU see that? It’s not me who was spreading slanders about Makoto almost every time I mention her name, it’s her doing that about me. Why you don’t say she is obsessed by me, but noooo… I am only stating facts that she’s a liar for spreading slanders about me. And in these cases where she dares to claim she’s trustworthy, I correct her that she’s not.

Slanderer means liar. Liar means can’t be trusted. Get it? I guess everyone else got it ages ago.

God, this is not empty quoting.

1 Like

Didn’t I warn you all about these mountain rams already?

3 Likes

I mean, in training our helmets were a kilo and a half, easy. Coms systems added weight, so did masks. You made mention of a gas mask that weighed 720 grams. I said it weighed a kilo. Hardly a precise measurement. Factor in the carrying case and it’s probably pretty darn close. But no, I did not go get a scale to figure out how much it weighed. Given the gear I usually carry around when I am on the ground, adding a kilo isn’t even close to my just-noticeable difference threshold (when not in powered battle plate).

Military weights are usually described in such: nothing, next to nothing, light, pretty light, half a kilo, a little bit, a bit, a kilo(gram), not nothing, two kilos, enough to notice, three kilos, not light, four kilos, not heavy, five kilos, a little heavy, six kilos, why do we have to carry this for anyways?, seven kilos, it has straps;don’t worry, eight kilos, heavy, nine kilos, pretty heavy, ten kilos, is this made out of gold?, and so on.

I guess I’m just a little perplexed as to what we are arguing about, unless it’s just to argue?

1 Like

Basically to me a kilo where to much :slight_smile: even for a civilian. ((I can imagen a WW2 mask weighing that much)) and the 720grams where more a precise weight. Considering all the more lightweight materials avilable, plus it’s fun to argue as well…

1 Like

If you’re going to equip the entire civilian population of a planet with gas masks you’re going to want to do it cheap. Which means the super effective lightweight things with nanomachines and stuff that top military outfits use aren’t likely to be an option.

2 Likes

Yeah but no one listened because stories with goats in them tend to be scary stories.

1 Like

I guess I never really thought about a few grams here or there. We carry so much stuff already that a kilo here or there isn’t really something that matters.

Yeah, it all adds up, but not getting exposed to Deathglow is pretty high up on the list of good things. It’s worth carrying another kilo (or two or three) not to get exposed.

1 Like

As a chemical agent, you’d be exposed, not infected.

1 Like

Thank you madam editor.

1 Like

Once upon a time many millenia ago, the sheep and the goats and the other ruminant animals of roughly equivalent size, i.e. not cows, those beasts are pretty big, lived in harmony, led to the Promised Pasture by the Prophet Gheinok. And lo, in time, Amash-Akura the great Shepherd of his time arose, and with the assistance of the Sefrim, led the flock around the Promised Land, with Ametat the prodding stick, and Avetat the sun hat, and everything was good.
Then, the skies darkened, ominous red clouds billowed over the horizon, the moon rose and it was the colour of blood. An ominous goat of dread aspect stood before them. Molok the Deceiver had arrived. Molok, the Scape Goat, with his flaming hooves and horns of blackest obsidian. And lo! the flock was divided. The sheep went one way, the goats another.
And Amash-Akura said “by 'eck, that Moloks a reet bad’un.” and he called upon the Sefrim to help. But they didn’t. So Amash-Akura told them they could sod off then if that was their attitude. Which they did.
And lo, did Amash-Akura start setting about Molok with Ametat the prodding stick, and a righteous beat-down was delivered unto Molok, who had scattered the flock to the six corners of the world.
And when Molok was defeated and Amash-Akura stood victorious, he said “Right, that’s that then.”, and rounded up most of the flock of sheep.
Except the goats, who had escaped unto the secret places of the world.
And thus even unto this day, there are the sheep that follow the flock of Amash-Akura, and the goats who like Molok, choose their own way.

And let that be a lesson to you !

2 Likes

@Diana_Kim , PIE, and anyone else who follows this:

Random question, why is flying other races’ ships such a big deal to you?

I would think as a warrior you would find the idea of proving you are the better fighter by beating your opponent with their own weapons as something. Not to mention the satisfaction of defeating your foe with their own weapons would mean something. It’s something I’ve been wondering for a while now. I’ve never really understood the self imposed stigma on, well litterally beating your opponent with their own stuff. Any insight on this?

5 Likes

Gallentean ships are disgusting and have terrible smell! Ugly forms! They are green like they’re covered in mold. I can’t stand them! Every time I am forced in these ships I feel like I want to drink to forget this terrifying experience!

From the more practical point of view - I simply love to make an example of excellence of Caldari Steel over silly gallente boats.

the Gallente Thorax cruiser, and derivatives, has a forward section which people say is reminiscent of a wingwangdoodle, and therefore a bit lewd.

2 Likes

Understandable on that point but still, if you can beat an opponent with a plastic sword when they’re using a handgun it says alot more of your prowess, ya know?

1 Like

Oh, well, if that’s about how I kill vexors with bantam. Yes, sort of… killing with “plastic sword”. But in majority of cases you go against same class of ships. I don’t really have to prove anything to anybody, and my goal is just elimination of the enemy.

Gallentes aside, lets look at minmatar ships. I won’t be even talking about outdated technology, and… yes, lets just assume their power is approximately identical. And lets imagine, that you grab a spiked club. Or a Khuumak, if you wish. A fearsome weapon that can deal a colossal damage. And I will take a sword of about same mass and size. Both of us will be likely unlucky with being hit by each other’s weapon. So, why I choose Caldari Steel?..

Maybe it’s just about… fineness.

1 Like

Something something space honor ?

Personally I’ll fly whatever gets the job at hand done the best.

3 Likes

Actually I can relate a little to Ms. Kim on this.

I of course have mostly flown Amarrian hulls lately, largely in deference to my role as a subordinate to Directrix Daphiti. Also, Caldari ships are built to plainly emphasize function over form (even though that appearance is actually itself an aesthetic choice), so they tend to look a bit … horrifically out of place? … among Amarrian designs. Also-also, an early incident (like, my earliest week or so of memories) left me kind of associating Caldari interior design with imprisonment. Even Upwell citadels are a little hard for me to enjoy being in.

Even so, I still have kind of a soft spot for Caldari technology and ship design: the intricacy, the engineering, the sheer craftsmanship! The austere beauty of a finely-made tool …

Even far from the State, and dedicated to other paths, it’s hard to shake that pride.

2 Likes