Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Reposting just a bit …

Hm.

Any comment, my lord?

How about this one, my lord?

1 Like

How does a general comment on a cultural scope equates to the actions of one pilot acting on the benefit of a feud between Amarrians?

I merely juxtaposed two remarks and requested comment, my lord. But, assuming that a stronger Amarr would not be in the Republic’s interests, it doesn’t seem like your own pilot thinks your actions are exactly to Amarr’s benefit, you know?

1 Like

I think you need to talk to him about it.

His remarks talking to his own people are maybe more interesting than anything he’d likely say to me, my lord.

Should we read nothing from the fact that an AM pilot doesn’t regard service with AM as inconsistent with loyalty to the Republic?

1 Like

Well, he’s your contractor, isn’t he? Pursuing your contracts? A heathen, in the employ of a seperatist, shooting at those who have always faithfully served Amarr?

Sure sounds like you and your men are ‘guarding with honor’ alright.

2 Likes

Hes shooting them because he doesn’t like them because AM as a whole feels slighted by those Amarrians hes hunting for attacking me.

I’ve always been a separatist and always advocated for it.

I however stand by my Kings decisions.

That said squabbles between capsulleers don’t factor into my feelings for the kingdom beyond my office.

I mean… thats not the only reason I don’t like them.

So, my lord, with as much respect as possible under the circumstances?

Those attacks on you happened I think at least in large part because of a perception that as Amarrian loyalists you and your comrades are terrible.

This might have something to do with statements like,

which fly in the face not only of Imperial policy but also the recent direction of Kingdom/Empire relations. King Khanid took his second shot at the Imperial throne, then became a whiff of exotic plasma along with the other unsuccessful Heirs.

That’s encouraging. However, if that’s so, my lord, you may wish to avoid contradicting his policies in public. Or, you know, making common cause with people who have way more than just personal vendettas against Imperial pilots?

After all, as he says himself,

It seems tricky to argue that you’re serving the Empire when the people who are helping you do so plainly don’t see it that way, unless, well, you can argue that your understanding of the situation is way more clear-eyed than theirs.

Which, ah, isn’t obvious.

4 Likes

At the very least, it could be read as ‘Work for me! I hire people I think are stupid!’

My original contract with AM was to help deal with the Blood Raider Threat in the areas that they primarily operated in. I may not be clued in to the nuances and intricacies of Empire Politics, however I would think that dead blooders is good for every one. It was later amended during our deployment to Providence, where I honestly didn’t much question the motivations behind our new targets. I’ll let AM Diplos suss out the nuances with the other Amarr groups.

Which would be whom?

CVA, but you know that.

I’d thought so, but didn’t feel like digging through things again. Keeping track of that sort of thing isn’t my job. I leave that to our diplos.

So, ‘defenders of the Empire’ are attacking people the Empress has designated the proper border-lords and defenders of Providence? That doesn’t sound like defending the Empire so much as… attacking the Empire and its agents.

5 Likes

I have a disagreement with CVA.

So? I have a disagreement with various members of the Brutor Tribe. Doesn’t mean I go declaring war on them while claiming I’m defending the Republic.

10 Likes

As they say; actions speak louder than words.

Minmatar loyalists have had huge disagreements in history. We have come on the verge of civil war at least half a dozen times. We almost came to shots fired, over the traitor Karishal Muritor.

Never once has any of us been so callous about the possibility. “We have disagreements”, indeed. You are more capsuleer than a loyalist.

7 Likes

You are correct in spirit if not exact words. CVA a capsuleer entity who happens to be a loyalist provoked more then just me. I was asked to join the fight as I knew the area and had and own grievance to air. So a informed CVA of our intentions in accordance to Amarrian rite and gave them sufficient time to answer.

None of which is really any of your concern.

Which changes nothing. It would be one thing to say, attack CVA assets when encountered in Aridia, or the Bleak Lands, Catch, or Khanid or Domain lowsec, that would all still be questionable, especially by Amarr loyalists, but it would be defensible.

Attacking them in Providence is another thing. There, you are explicitly interfering with their performance of their appointed task. You are actively working against the interests of the Empire—especially when flying alongside NSH, PHEW, Waffles, Shadow Cartel, and other wings of the larger organization that invaded Providence two years ago.

I realize that you don’t pay attention to the politics in null, and that none of the empires really make any note of who is on whose side out here… but by and large, there are two sorts of organizations in nullsec: those who want to shoot our enemies… and those who want to shoot everyone. Neither group is typically concerned with empire politics—the former because they have other concerns, the latter because to them, the empires are all just ‘more victims to kill’.

By and large, we are the former. The people you are fighting alongside in Providence… are not.

2 Likes

It’s not but it also isn’t your problem or concerns.