Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

We’ve … talked a little about this, Ms. Kernher.

I understand why you’d want justice, but, if there’s a chance to stop him, with or without him suffering for what’s done? The universe isn’t likely to be so kind as to give us satisfaction in this. Just because people deserve something, doesn’t at all mean they’ll get it.

With or without justice, it needs to stop.

1 Like

So, is justice served by tormenting him for every person he’s tormented and killed? How long should he be tormented for one person until you let him die? What kind of person would be the one to perform the task and what do you do with that person after they have been doing that for however long it takes?

1 Like

Ms. Jenneth, you are talking about so many people he killed. But how many people have killed you yourself and your former self? What punishment you would pick for yourself?

You said you want to stop it. But our world is not ran by desires. It is ran by actions. For example, I want for gallentes to stop torturing Caldari POWs - and I act on it. I rescue captives and kill every son of a * censored * who wears Gallente uniform.

And what about CONCORD? Unfortunately, they put their nose too often into affairs they shouldn’t, and don’t pay attention to crimes they should. As for me, I myself often simply disregard CONCORD rules. The only authority that matters to me is Caldari State.

Enlist yourself and deliver your will on a tip of a spear on behalf of Holy Amarr Empire. That’s all I could offer to you for now.

I really don’t care. Just as long as he suffers.

3 Likes

Well yes, obviously.

3 Likes

Sure. … just doing that won’t stop him, though.

I’m not sure I have a better idea, even if I kind of keep trying to find something.

2 Likes

Mr. Nauplius, they shot a ship of your possession. And you are offering them to off some hapless civvies, making it sound almost identical? I facepalmed so hard that I almost knocked myself out.

What if the person assigned to torment Nauplius was someone you cared for and tormenting Nauplius broke this person, or turned this loved one into another Nauplius? Would you care then?

1 Like

Uh-- Mr. Ambrye? If I can say, that might be taking the hypothetical a little far.

Ms. Kernher’s seen a lot of her blood suffer at the hands of someone who represents a corruption of her faith. It’s … personal, for her, in a way that I don’t think it’ll ever be even for me.

4 Likes

Didn’t he eventually get a shot at the Throne and wind up dying while standing on the lens of a XL Tachyon Cannon?

2 Likes

Well, buy more ammunition, then, and do like me: shoot’em as they come.

How many times did I bring attention to gallente torturing PoWs and just exploding them in quantities more than Nauplius blowing up his freighters? And nobody cared. I even tried to bring that to CONCORD. Maybe I will try to do something else… someday… maybe. But for now, I learned one thing:

Words are useless. Ammunition is not.

1 Like

At the same time, if he escapes justice, it’ll send the message to would-be Napkins out there that there aren’t consequences for this sort of thing.

2 Likes

Which part, becoming another Nauplius? Perhaps, but it’s not like I think this person will turn into Nauplius himself. You perform monstrous acts on a monster you risk becoming a monster yourself, do you not?

But I will stop now. Ms. Kernher’s reaction isn’t unreasonable.

1 Like

:cry::weary:
I wish more people would take a vow of silence, if only for a week.

7 Likes

You realize that doesn’t interfere with typing, right?

2 Likes

I guess I was hoping people got so used to speech-to-text that they’d be too lazy to type. But I guess most of use thought-to-text, anyway, so…I guess I was talking a metaphorical vow of silence…hoping for what I’m always hoping for…
Peace.

3 Likes

All you have to do is choose not to read it. So you’ve no-one to blame but yourself.

2 Likes

I think that if you’re posting on IGS, you’ve self selected to be loud, opinionated and obnoxious. Myself included.

2 Likes

I actually have an answer for this.

Drones!

Then you can just lock him in a box forever while the happy drone goes about its work with an unflinching optimism that it will earn employee of the week this time.

2 Likes

Due to religious differences the father of my twin daughters is unlikely to play a significant role in their lives.

This makes me slightly concerned.

Such is the way of things in this cruel universe.

1 Like