Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Thank you for not bringing that specific nightmare to life.

(Seriously, Che, having a giant anthropomorphic cat rubbing up against women is not actually in all ways or maybe even at all an unambiguous good thing? I mean, okay, cultural differences, maybe, but. . . .)

2 Likes

You aren’t that enormous, Che. I am sure you have a capsule or something.

3 Likes

The reasons why leaders and nations can go to war are to me, functionally just as trivial as, “I was bored,” for a capsuleer. Because I dismiss outright any professions as to ideology, values, morality, just causes, religion, faith, or politics. Capsuleers fight wars for the same reasons nations do – for power, for prestige, for access to more resources and territory, to feel the satisfaction of victory over an enemy, mistrust, suspicion, and yes because it is “fun” at least insofar as many proponents of war or the naive who would involve themselves in it think themselves that it will be over in a few weeks and they will wreathe themselves in glory after a bit of foreign (mis)adventure.

As a freelance capsuleer I can afford to be honest about why I fight and why I kill. Because I don’t have to engage in either propaganda or rhetoric to rationalize my killing of others and their destruction of assets to be socially and politically acceptable. There is no need to convince others of the death I inflict is righteous or justifiable because I do not require the permission of others to do so, for the reasons I might desire.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

But when we compare it to ships, shouldnt it be rather something larger than a frigate? :thinking:

2 Likes

A Starbase control tower !

Tall, hard, somewhat cylindrical.

And obsolete.

2 Likes

@Halcyon_Ember, somea great title suggestions by Mr. Shutaq! Apostate and “renowned dental hygiene servant for people of questionable repute.”

Subvert the establishment by claiming the title! Stick it to the man! Power to the people!

2 Likes

Ow, minor scalding in my sinuses from laughing coffee through my nose. So worth it though.

3 Likes

You don’t get to roll your eyes at me, woman. It was you who made that suggestion.

:neutral_face: Hey, it could have been a shuttle.

They are still useful for keeping other people from erecting one on my balls.

3 Likes

And that says… YOU? Oh, Maker. Why I even bother bringing arguments to places like this and speak the language of reason, when people like you just bark at each other here?..

When someone explodinates your spaceship, Ms. Ruil, it already means you are part of the violent cycle - we, capsuleers, don’t even see majority of civvie ships and they aren’t really poppped often. You could run for years a baseline transport between Kisogo and Perimeter without any fear that some sort of demented Code pilot will shoot you “for fun”. Won’t you agree, Ms. Ruil?

1 Like

I am sorry, Mr. Biko, I didn’t want to offend, just speaking out of frustration and didn’t even have you in mind. If you don’t agree with my conclusions, though, I would like to hear your opinion. Maybe I made a mistake somewhere?

But in any way, I am bringing my sincere apologies. And if you feel that they are not enough and desire for the satisfaction, I will provide as Honor demands.

I supose you’re right Miss Kim! CODE hardly harasses those convoys at all.

Nobody has blown me in Venal yet. There are so many neighbourly capsuleers there that just want to do their thing in peace.

But still the fact that even if someone kills me I can keep on trucking is reassuring (metaphysical and theological aspects of dying aside).

3 Likes

That is some strong words for someone who didn’t even bother to address my arguments.

3 Likes

I’ve adressed your first “argument”, tribal.

It speaks lengths and signifies no need to keep reading your “magnum opus”.

Ohh I apologize. Next time I will make sure to not insult your ego until after all my points have been presented.

2 Likes

And that’s why I am not wasting my precious times on your so-called arguments, if your only purpose is insulting people. I’ll save my time for worthy and intelligent opponents.

On which note can we just maybe please stop this now? That’s to both parties, and anyone else thinking about jumping in.

This never gets more interesting.

5 Likes

Agreed, Ms. Jenneth. Please excuse me.

1 Like

I accept your apologies. You are free to have your own opinion. Maybe I’ll share mine over some tea some time.

Peace.

3 Likes