Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

We were derailing quite significantly. Context is important.
See original post, made by a pirate and an avid supporter of she who shall not be named

Following it is a semi serious response, clarifying why people are the way they are

I don’t particularly believe the Caldari are slaves, obviously, but the important point is that past a certain level of indoctrination, people start to support the system designed to oppress them.

Clearly everything after a statement like this is not a statement to be taken seriously. If someone isn’t making a serious statement then I’m not going to be holding a serious discussion with them. There’s also the fact that anyone reading it seriously would note that I omitted a very important clarifying sentence from my statement, the full definition being below:

“Slavery is, in the strictest sense of the term, any system in which principles of property law are applied to people, allowing individuals to own, buy and sell other individuals, as a de jure form of property. A slave is unable to withdraw unilaterally from such an arrangement and works without remuneration.”

Clearly my statement was a flawed argument made simply to exaggerate the ridiculousness of the self proclaimed pirates original statement.

2 Likes

I see…

1 Like

I don’t feel you’ve really had significant exposure to my idiosyncrasies and also are possibly trying to relate my behaviour of that to other Amarrians you know. Whilst I still possess some of their hang ups I do try not to let them rule me.

3 Likes

Is it 63,249?

2 Likes

63535 maybe?

2 Likes

Surely it’s 9,059,263,923.51.

3 Likes

My lucky number is e.
Because a derivative of e in power of x is e in power of x.

And I am not afraid to tell it, because I am 100% sure nobody of you will ever write its digital representation. And those, who will try, will be moderated for spam.
HA!

4 Likes

Or because, you know, we just don’t care.

4 Likes

4986 is my lucky number.

Don’t look at me like that. I’m a pirate. I did the math. My lucky number is exactly 4986 units. 4985 is inadequate. 4987 is of course absurd.

Four thousand, nine hundred eighty-six.

1 Like

4987 is better, because it’s prime.

1 Like

Absurd!

1 Like

Hee! Well, actually I think if people really did steal all my stuff I might just laugh a lot. I can’t be sure, though, since it hasn’t ever happened.

If you want to know what I’m like when I’m mortally wounded, you might ask Ms. Kim. We fought a duel to an arguable draw a few months ago. I’d … try to explain, myself, but, I’m not sure if my memories are clear. She got me in the neck, so, I lost consciousness pretty fast. The look on her face said I was being really weird, though (or maybe that was just her noticing how badly she was hurt herself; I’m not sure).

1 Like

I don’t have the authority, Ms. Funk.

Also, no.

4 Likes

The authority to say no to Funk is something I’d entrust with any employee down to and including Fedos.

4 Likes

Is it really an authority that needs to be entrusted to people, however?
I’ve found a blanket policy far more helpful in this regard.

RPCIN SOPs quite clearly state that in the case of Funk, no is the appropriate answer.

3 Likes

I think CONCORD’s official policy is ‘just say no to Funk’. It’s led to some unfortunate misunderstandings involving blasters and really bitchin’ bass grooves.

5 Likes

Alas, sacrifices must be made.

2 Likes

You said that to me, it seemed, to say that you weren’t looking for an explanation-- that you don’t want to know.

Is that really true?

It’s the state of not wanting to understand something that you don’t, that I have trouble comprehending. I don’t understand, and I do want to know-- if it’s really true, and why.

1 Like

I was just thinking, if i say this is an off topic thread, does that make what i say on topic?

Yes! No! Maybe? Absolutely not. Who knows…

3 Likes