Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

Very well, Ms. Tsukiyo, I will oblige.

With this, however, I will strongly disagree, Ms. Tsukiyo. Have you got a fracture, for example? I had both in original body and in cloned bodies. It doesn’t differ much: it still hurts like ■■■■.

Oh, by the way?

It’s not, or at least not something I dug up an old parable for.

Ms. Tsukiyo likes illustrative stories, so I made one up.

1 Like

I mentioned a threat to existence (we hardly stay dead), and to integrity (if we sustain damage like that we just go to another body).

Pain, breaking stuff, healing stuff, feeling good is something everyone goes trough, capsuleer or not.

To some a fractured bone hurts less than the killing of their Ray, their Empress, or the loss (and second loss) of their homeplanet.

Existence is pain. And with pain comes joy. And with joy comes pain.

Unless, perhaps, you are a Nation Citizen.

I do! Thank you for a remix of the frog and scorpion one.

2 Likes

Nah, that one’s about how hard it is to resist what’s in one’s nature, no matter how important it might be.

1 Like

As one wise man said: “Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It’s the transition that’s troublesome.”

Death is inevitable part of the life, it’s the culmination of the life and the most important moment of every life. Without death, there is no life, there is a mere existence. I think I’ve already told that I consider clone change an actual death, since it breaks a thread of consciousness to create a new instance. They will be our copies, for others they will be us, but we won’t know that, as we will meet our ancestors.

I can’t say that I am afraid of death… a lot. But I am not going to discard my life that easy, just toss it away because of small damage. After all, there’s little our medics can’t fix. And with cloning technologies you can just grow yourself even whole new leg. Or just buy that one fancy cybernetic one. Provided you have money for that, of course.

I look at it like sleeping.

Your writing reminded me of this.

2 Likes

Fair.

1 Like

Let me propose what could be a breakthrough in military vehicle design. Imagine a traditional tracked armored vehicle. Now take off the tracks and put the body and gun up upon two legs (increasing, always good to increase something, its center of gravity). Now, I know what you’re thinking, already perfect, right? Wrong! The legs are also boats! This thing walks on water, perfect for amphibious assaults. Calm yourself, there is more!

Wings. Huge, scary looking wings. Are they functional? Functionally awesome. But won’t they pose a movement hazard in close quarters urban areas? Yeah they will, a hazard for the buildings. Remember the boat legs from a second ago when they blew your mind? Stuff that mind back in and reload the detonators. The boats have wheels! If things look tight just rev those bad boys up and your hauling fedos down a street, wings clipping right through any buildings, street lamps, or decorative food-shaped restaurant signs.

Already scouring the GalNet for an order form? Just take a seat, friendo. This thing is stealth (insofar as it is painted matte black) and the eyes glow bright, menacing red (it has eyes and a face now). I know you see already how this thing is 10,000% superior to traditional (not cool) armored vehicles but you’re wondering what if a whole bunch of people or small furry animals attempt to climb over it or hurl projectiles at it? Not a worry. Big robot arms. Swat those sticks and stones out of the sky and use your boat legs to break their bones, that’ll hurt’em. And we’ll strap rockets onto the robot arms to deliver superpowered punches (the physics on this checks out, no need to look into it).

Now, how could we possibly improve on that? You can’t (after we release the flamethrower-sword expansion pack). It’s perfect. Expect to see them walking/rolling/boating/but not flying through/across/offshore/but not in the air of a conflict zone near you.

Addendum: There are some manufacturer setting recommendations for your social/charisma implants that it is best not test. This was my story.

2 Likes

Moving this here, because … well, the thread title.

Oh, that’s what you meant. I thought you were talking about belt rats.

That regalia sometimes gets worn to declare allegiance, sometimes because it “looks cool,” and a lot of the time as a trophy worn by people who killed the original owners for it. I have a couple of bits of that, ah, swag, too. I mostly vaporized the previous owners. I keep it in a crate because I don’t want to confuse people by looking like I’m wearing Sabik regalia.

In other words, they’re not necessarily saying what it looks like they’re saying.

I like the “Cold Iron” SKIN, as gruesome trophies go. It suits my taste in colors and lets me reflect my status as a heathen foreigner here (white and gold don’t really suit me) without marking my hull with Blooder regalia. I sometimes feel like the Covenant invented it just for me. (Not that they would, so, it’s just a nice twist of fate.)

I don’t know if Mr. Nauplius takes the Khanid crown at all seriously. I kind of hope not; he’s the sort of person even other Sani Sabik try to distance themselves from as much as possible.

As for Empire politics … so … if you think the Amarr and the Matari don’t get on, you should see the permanent (un)civil war between the Amarr and Sani Sabik heretics. The Sabik are sort of an ancient Amarr offshoot that’s been regarded as heretical (and also HORRIBLE) since the Moral Reforms (so, a really really long time), but keeps cropping up because its conditions for growth are kind of a permanent thing in Amarr society (it appeals to bored aristocrats who get to feeling underappreciated, and social advancement in the upper reaches of Amarrian society is really slow, so, there are a lot of those).

The Empire came under Sabik control (not that this was known) for a few years before Jamyl I appeared during the Elder Fleet invasion, so they have some reason to hope it could happen again, particularly if you take into account the widespread Sabik belief that they are “Chosen,” and destined to rule. But, of course, it’s no good ruling over a pile of rubble, so it’s best if the Empire (excepting, like, the MIO, which hunts them mercilessly) prospers in the meantime.

I think that’s the reasoning.

Happily they don’t seem to get along with each other all that much better than they get along with “mainstream” Amarr, so. . . .

1 Like

Actually, they did. It’s weird the kind of esoterica (as distinct from Esoteria) you pick up living in and around their space. Some really good bars on the stations in PR-, too. Just don’t order a Bloody Mary.

2 Likes

Wow you guys are like really into your propaganda. At least the Imperium can do it convincingly…

Trophies, right. Because trophy hunters usually also drink the blood of their enemies.

Sounds like a hatesex relationship to me baby…

Oh, gods and spirits.

Pilot, if you’re near Amarr, check prices on Purity of the Throne skins? They’re available for most Amarrian craft over two years old, the exception being the Legion.

Every single one was harvested from the shattered hulls of dead traitors to the throne of Amarr, those who couldn’t accept Catiz I as their empress.

I have quite a few of those, too, and I’m not big on drinking blood.

I don’t actually know the motivations of all those capsuleers wearing red and black, and probably some really do mean it. (Our class is sometimes described as the Sabik ideal realized, to which: EEEEEW!) But, I regularly run into people wearing it who get very confused when I ask them if they actually follow the teachings it implies.

And yes, the war between the Amarr and the Sabik is … very personal. Usually not so much like “hate sex” as like a Sabik heretic returning her uncle to her aunt in small weekly installments. When I first arrived here, I thought the Amarrian habit of killing Sabik cultists as a default seemed a little extreme. Now …

… now it feels like the only reasonable response.

1 Like

Soooo…you’re saying that because a thousands upon thousands of heretics who didn’t want Catiz on the throne crawled out of the woodwork, that this means there aren’t a ■■■■ ton of blooders in the crusades’ few hundred capsuleer base? They’re all playing dress up. All of their crew are following cosplayers who happen to like red and black. Mmk.

Not the kind of logical deduction I was taught in the society, but alright…spin away darlin’

Actually, I’m pretty much saying that, yeah. Broadly, outside those of us who are loyal to specific baseliner causes, capsuleers tend to be more about whether they like the look of a thing than what it actually represents.

And, red and black fangedy demon skulls are apparently kind of something capsuleers like the look of (and the intimidation factor probably doesn’t hurt), so …

(There are a distressing number of Sabik in the Crusade, but, probably not actually all that many. Even if it were just the few I know of for sure I’d find it a little distressing.)

If you don’t believe me, ask around. I’d be interested to hear what you find out.

1 Like

Why would you have Sex with Someone you Hate ?

:thinking:

2 Likes

To make children with planned genotype, because marriage agency estimated they would be your best match?
:thinking:

2 Likes

Orgasms, they are hot, raw energy, to humiliate them, to humiliate yourself, to get revenge at someone, to discover that hate is a form of attachment and as any strong emotions it is generated by something deep within you that ressonates with the person and it doesnt need to be a bad one, because you felt like it.

4 Likes

You did. You are. And while the thread started out being about (and largely for) Federals and outsiders generally, which includes you and me, it’s turned into something more internal which, while I agree is really interesting, you should be able to observe without needing to verbally rub your hands together over it.

If you want to hash our differences out in another forum I’d consider it a profound personal pleasure to carve your face from your skull.

1 Like

… not on any of our accounts, I hope. Trust me, it’s not ‘internal’ if it’s on the IGS, and there aren’t anyone else on these boards that could get in the way of it anyway. Elsebeth and I have… well, I can’t speak for her, but at least from my side of things it’s an amicable yet severe difference of opinion, yet a merely sometimes grudging understanding of the other perspective.

IGS threads are open to ‘interruption’ by design, and that’s a good thing.

I get the impression you have some kind of twist with that one that might need some sorting out though? I must have missed something, given the depths of your hostility towards her.

1 Like

She had quite a lot on her shoulder right now, it’s good to see her venting that out a bit.

I accept you the way you are, my kin. :kissing_heart:

1 Like