Utari's Puppies (Formerly Off-Topic Thread)

It is known from the Scripture that humanity had origins elsewhere, as the Prophet was said to have brought all those whom held the faith to Athra.

That means that the faith, and humanity, existed before then and came from some place else. The idea that AD is some other language contraction for “The Year of our Lord” makes sense from the Amarr tradition, so perhaps the count goes back to some important time? Perhaps the arrival of the first of the Prophets of God (presuming there have been more than one), or the traditional founding date for a human civilisation that venerated God? Who knows, but certainly AD is a known of annual annotation to those of us of the faith, Commander Kim.

Sources:

“The Amarr people came into the world and the world came into being.

Our illustrious ancestors freed their souls from the evils of the old.
world and created a new one.”
The Scriptures, Book I 1:14

“And so it was,
That Gheinok led his people on the great exodus,
To the land of our Salvation,
To the land of God,
To the land of his Chosen,
To Athra.”
The Scriptures, Gheinok the First 1:32

“"For forty millennia we struggled in the desert.
Time of infinity to grief our misgivings.
Time of eternity to stray without God’s guidance.”
The Scriptures, Prophet Kuria 4:23

6 Likes

I was also gone for a couple of days, and this was exactly my reaction.

Pretty sure I could have swum in all the new news.

2 Likes

Considering the content of that news, that might not be a good idea, though.

2 Likes

Think about how many Jin-Mei there are, and how many have left Tei-Su behind. Trillions spread all over. Not to discount the work of your friend, but the Sang Do can be remarkably inconsequential in our lives. I’ve never looked a Sang Do eye-to-eye, for example. In the slums, we could feel the faintest ripples of their command, or was it the wind… you see?

The Sang Do disagree. They seem willing to compromise on the details, thanks to good-faith practices in accordance within their statutes.

…but that was not the punishment. Their punishment was to be forgotten. Perhaps it was in this fear they propagated their lineages, which they knew to be doomed. Hope to escape oblivion, somehow. The curse could have died with them - instead they passed it on. Not the Sang Do. If the counsel of the Ensînate or the Aidonis Foundation want to charge a violation of constitutional rights, they will have to prove otherwise. Not impossible. Ill-advised.

These ways are like a fast-moving river. You’ll waste yourself fighting against the current, accomplishing nothing. Even when I tell my parents, “thanks to the graces, you can live wherever you like, in comfort and luxury,” they refuse, remain in the sooty habs of Nouoien, working hard in the ■■■■ until death. They are reliable as they were meant to be, the foundation that doesn’t shy from the burden. The absurd reality.

3 Likes

Well that is quite harsh for a punishment, at least in my opinion. And the “curse”? Who believes in curses these days? And if they do try to believe in a curse, do they know who cast the curse back in the day when the ship crashed on the colony on the planet (assuming that is the curse you are talking about)? Did they ever do anything to lift the curse according to their beliefs? Believing in a curse so blindly and doing nearly nothing about it, is pure superstition.

I understand. Your parents made their choice and it is good to respect it. No one should be afraid of burdens or obstacles, cause they are the way to bring more Light to one’s life - solving a problem instead of running from it is the better way to do things. You can be proud of them.

Change is the only constant in our realm. So I am optimistic that the Sang Do would listen to the voice of reason. Even if the negotiations fail today, we can try tomorrow. And even if we fail, there would be the pride of the fact that we have tried. And if not today, then one day - they will listen. Unlike many of them, we got the privilege to see things from a higher perspective.

I am getting really tired debating these things. Arguing and trying to prove a point is often useless - we all got our beliefs and value different things. I would be glad if this conversation has been useful to someone. It is useful to me and hopefully to you.

2 Likes

What does that even mean? Are people only limited to 3 or 4 things they can care about in your world?

1 Like

Mmh, perhaps my wording could have been better.

Suffice to say my eyebrows get all kinds of raised when a brand new capsuleer suddenly appears from nowhere with fully formed opinions on the “regulars” and a majority of their posts (excluding those about the right way to make hot chocolate) are in one way or another hostile towards a group and its members.

I mean sure, ok, maybe this new face just don’t like a group for whatever reason. But oh man does it make me :thinking:

1 Like

I dunno, a month is more than enough time to see the ridiculous dysfunction of this place.

Seriously, I’m kinda shocked there aren’t a whole lot more people pointing out what miserable, bitter wretches most of here are, and openly wondering why we bother and haven’t just biomassed.

2 Likes

I’d agree with you if it wasn’t so obviously targeted.

1 Like

Eh, everything’s targeted. Screw it all and enjoy life some, that’s what I say.

1 Like

I want @Ret_Gloriaxx to kiss me on the forehead.

3 Likes

You flatter yourself. I definitely don’t go out of my way to snark at you. But when you put yourself in my way, yes, I will bite you.

Indeed, I wasn’t even originally talking to you in the other thread. I was talking to Ms. Priano. You are the one who kept trying to insert yourself into the conversation. And now you want to play the victim and whine about being ‘targeted’? That’s cute.

By the way, I didn’t say your “why she so bitter” comment and the “we hate when people remind us how pissy we are” were contradictory. I said they were hypocritical. Learn the difference.

1 Like

Oh darling.

Point to where I said you were targeting me.

1 Like

Wow, you want me to link you to your own last reply?

That’s it. From now on I’m just going to assume that you’re nearsighted and can’t read well, because I refuse to believe that anyone is this clueless.

1 Like

I suggest you actually read my last reply.

Then read your own posting history. Maybe you’ll even be able to work it out.

I take back my implications of sockpuppetry however, nobody here would pay money for a service this dumb.

1 Like

I also? He’s a professional, I trust him.

2 Likes

…did you literally just take my last reply, reword it, and post it back?

This is new levels of nuts.

1 Like

…No.

I think you need to train Reading Comprehension above 0 dear, it might really do you some good.

Honestly, you graduated? I think I’ll be asking to the RU to make sure they haven’t made any clerical errors recently. Maybe there’s an extremely disappointed Melissa Ramijazona wondering what went wrong.

1 Like

Let’s take a look.

My post:

[remark on needing to read last reply]

[insult regarding your intelligence] [degrading comment regarding your intelligence]

Your post right after mine:

[remark on needing to read last reply]

[remark on needing to read my own posting history] [insult regarding my intelligence]

[degrading comment regarding my intelligence]

Something tells me you’re about to change your name to Melissa Ramijazona.

But hey, maybe you do have what it takes to be me. I doubt it, but I’ve been wrong before. Very rarely, but it’s happened. Anyway, good luck with that!

1 Like

I said you needed to read my post because you’d misunderstood it and a second read might, (although I’m starting to doubt it) have been beneficial.

But hey, don’t give up now! You’re just starting to be amusing.

Lets wind it back to the beginning shall we, and I’ll try and help you see where things went wrong.

Oh it went wrong immediately. Well that keeps things easy! In fact, it’s so simple you actually already know the answer!

Exactly!

At no point in my comments have I implied that you’ve been targeting me.

1 Like