Official chat room for off-topic, banter and non-eve related chats

A lot of questions that tend to get asked that i see, are questions “rookies” dont need to be asking. Like why cant i use a capital in hisec? A rookie wouldnt be flying a cap to begin with

The vast majority of “newbies” are alts pretending to be new but since people aren’t as clever as they think they are they come up with “newbie question” no actual newbie would ask or know about. All kinds of obvious and leading questions which are easy giveaways.

Real newbies (or perhaps alts that ARE clever) ask very different questions.

1 Like

There is no minimum targeting range. I’m going to assume you’re talking about minimum warp target range.

Oh i know, i can tell by some of the questions. But the point i was making ISDs try to limit it to questions actual newbs will ask. Even i been “reprimanded” for going off topic

Oh yeah, same here. For most people it happens just not very often and in that case it’s not an issue, sometimes you just end up on a tangent especially when it’s kinda quiet.

It’s just that some people produce more noise than signal and those get told off by ISD a lot. Me personally I tend to be direct and possibly blunt, not always good either.

Maximum is the new mininum.

Up is down. Down is up.

Tactical HUD is the answer.

2 Likes

I was going to assume that being new one wouldn’t know about and understand the concept of in game minimum warp distance, I was looking at it from the positive side.

It turns out the issue is about not understanding the difference between the real life concepts of minimum and maximum. That’s… worse.

Sheesh…do you practice being paranoid about who is ‘new’, or does it just come naturally ?

This is a HELP forum. Try…erm…helping !

This isn’t a help forum, it’s a discussion forum.

Besides that I think it’s safe to say that one could and should assume people understand the difference between minimum and maximum so when someone states something like you did the logical reaction would be to assume it’s the in-game concept you don’t understand (which is completely fine, if one is new).

Turns out I was too optimistic.

I’ve no idea what you are babbling about. I specifically referenced the Targeting Range…which you denied even existed. You were the one who went off on some totally irrelevant ramble about warping.

Look…the thing you claim does not exist…

You might see it more often if you actually played Eve rather than being here.

You can’t be this stupid.

Whether it is min or max…its not on the HUD…which was my original point. The fact that I simply called it min by mistake does not alter that point.

It’s a bit of a difference :slight_smile: But with that out of the way it does show max targeting distance on the tactical hud together with a whole lot of other useful info.

Where ? Each turret shows falloff range and so on…but that’s not really the same thing.

if you enable tactical overlay, button left of the HUD, it will show various stuff one of which is max targeting range (red dotted circle) and if you mouse over range modules it will also show their range. It’s not really THAT useful though as you will mostly use the overview for things.

Hmm…yes I have seen that, but its not really the same as what I am after. It would be handy if the max target range simply appeared as part of the data that appears when you hover the cursor over the turrets. That way it is easily there whatever mode I am in.

If you hover over turrets it gives you turret info, not ship info. Turret stats aren’t ship stats. If you want to know targeting range you find that in the fitting window or when you try to target something and it’s out of range, then it’ll tell you max range. Once you know this you don’t need to be reminded of it every 3 seconds.

I notice that missiles will still fire anyway if you hit F1 before locking, as long as you are within the weapon cycle. Or something like that. I found this quite by accident…its not something I see mentioned in an tutorials.

No they don’t, unless they are auto targeting missiles which aren’t affected by locks but rather by something attacking you.

When you are so used to sitting in the same ship you learn what the max targeting range of a ship is, you become accustomed to it. So when i get in my raven or my drake, i know where my range is, especially if i try to lock a target and it wont lock