On slavery and the Reclaiming of souls

It is very telling you take a link to a carefully considered argument as as appeal to authority.

And how I do not?

Though I never was a slave in the Empire, there was a time when I was forced to work for the Angels. And when I emerged free against their will, the place of my suffering burned to atoms, and so did everyone within it who caused me harm. Freedom born in fire and blood. This what really made me what I am.

My decision to side with the Matari people does not come from my upbringing, training, or any other kind of brainwash; it is a free, conscious choice, because right now some of our goals align well.

Also, the Matari society is much less a pyramid of power than any other empire, but more like a lot of overlapping influence networks. As Elsebeth likes to say, “loyalty not freely given is worth nothing”.

So I do practice what I preach, old man.

3 Likes

Well, wether or not it was an appeal to authority doesn’t matter. If it is, it’s not accepted as such and dismissed out of hand. If it is not, then - as pointed out (I quoted that part above) - it’s a non sequitur.

That generational slavery has no justification in purifying anyone of sin, that there is no inheritable sin has no bearing on whether the express purpose of Amarr society is to free all slaves eventually - or not.

A puppet is free as long as he loves his strings.

It is unwise to dismiss so easily what crossed your path, even what you were not able to percieve.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.