On Solutions

Im out

Should have guessed by your name, quiaff?

Aff.

I did say my moniker would give it away. Of course I’m not doing things quite as strictly. You’ll be free to do as you like with the special exception of the military. You’ll need to have existing skill for that.

I once flew with a bunch of Snow Ravens.

Nice folk.

Id say though your idea may have already been tried many times.

I don’t doubt it.

But the thing is, I believe I’ve amended the standing differences between the system and its application in EVE.

So long as I can properly alter the functioning of the underlying structure to support the systems in play here, I can build it better than it’s been built before.

And provided I can bottle the lightning of privacy and funnel it with patriotism, I can build it stronger, too.

It’s all about adapting a feasible source to work towards a practical result. And while I’ve considered cults, gangs, tribal setups, republics, constitutions, monarchies, you name it, I don’t think anything can be so readily applied as the concepts behind Kerensky’s Clans, for EVE at least.

Ah… But why join such an endeavor when I can do the work myself and not have to profit share?

You can be the princess in my kingdom. For free. :wink:

A brilliant question.

When you do the work yourself, you are of course being forced to either generalize, which hurts your maximal productivity, prey on the commons, which is not always reliable, or venture into the abyss, which can be risky.

Then once you’re done mining, or building, you need to hunt for a buyer, which might require cutting prices down, waiting months, or wasting large amounts of time in travel.

Here, though, you’d be in a specialized group designed wholly around your profession. There will always be a buyer, or you may look elsewhere. There will always be seller-favoring prices because of this.

Further, taxation will be low, if not nearly nonexistent, due to the collaborative nature of the Clan. Merchants will have guards, they may move your hauls enabling more tank or equipment on mining ships, and you are free to move between groups of similarly organized players in order to find where you best fit, or even crab as a warrior.

Risk is minimized, reward is held more consistently, and greater accomplishments through society are made easy. Accomplishments like the development of new meta builds which can be freely distributed to those in need of them, or defensive fortifications, or any number of other things which a larger scale force might succeed in where individuals would fail or else take years longer to accomplish.

Well for a start I would concentrate on their quasi religious goal and what their culture rewards and how rather than the fact its a fairly constraining social hierarchy.

In short; duels and glory for the Clan and strength through constant challenges Id say would get you more interest.

Unless you just want to build an Alliance where the corps name themselves after each Clan.

It is a pretty idea but I am not sure the dezgra surats of this place will understand the appeal.

Actually the end goal is a coalition where the alliances are clans, and the corps are castes.

I’ve been trying to keep things modular for purposes of making things very easy for players to understand but able to scale and be very complex overall.

Well I wish you luck and shall watch your endeavour with interest.

Seyla.

Neg, Clans did not work in BT and will not work here.

The structure is like communism, it doesn’t leave room for individuality and pursuit of happiness. Also, it doesn’t reward new ideas and giving your best.

2 Likes

Agreed.

I still think it might work for a small PvP corp.

I once wrote a text in fiction subforum. It was something like this in a TLDR: In Talocan society were (are) two Casts and these are only because the genetic pool of ruling class was enhanced differently to the other cast that was genetically enginered to be workers.

In the former Soviet Union they had a joke about themselves. The guy in charge of nails at the central planning bureau would call up the nail factory, “We need 1 ton of nails next month.” The next month the bureaucrat was outside looking at his one ton nail.

Your posts remind me of that joke.

2 Likes

You’re literally creating one of those highsec piracy corps that declares wars on several corps at a time. Don’t dress it up with ideology

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.