On the SARUM dread attack on Floseswin

If Chakaid was indeed behind the Floseswin attack, why is the entire Amarr navy trying to cover it up. They worked willingly for somebody who was in prison, in Amarr custody mind you. That should be enough to condemn them, but for some reason it isnt. They fired on a planet under the orders of a heretic, and the Amarr do nothing? No. I think the orders came from higher up than a war criminal

2 Likes

I think you underestimate just how far up the hierarchy the disgraced Duke had gotten. He had a seat on the Theology Council. The rot is deep indeed.

4 Likes

I believe the implications are that Sarumā€™s forces took advantage of the situation to launch the attacks on their own. They were not acting under the orders of the dagger guy.

Hiding behind terrorism would not have been particularly honorable. I believe an esteemed member of the community lectured us about there being a distinction between ā€œterrorismā€ and ā€œlegal warfare.ā€ But whether taking advantage of terrorism to launch your own attack qualifies as ā€œillegalā€ in the war zones would have to be adjudicated by some duly authorized body.

Or the Republic could decide to escalate by its own initiative. It would be ironic if the attack Chakaid was not (directly) responsible for turned out to be the one that provoked the war he wanted.

Clearly the same infiltration has happened there. I donā€™t want them in the Republic either, so sure. We can dismantle Sarumā€™s holdings, the Amarr Navy, Shining Flame, and the Brutor Vanguard. Given that Chakaid was a Duke, we might want to toss in the rest of the Amarr ruling class too. Seems reasonable.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.