Online business comparisons

I’d like to make a comparison but I don’t really know where to find the information to properly make this comparison.

I’m interested in Netflix (or Disney+, and others if people have data).
I’d like to know how many people and the expenses involved in the production of their content, casts, copyright, writers, contractors etc.
I’d also like to know the general size of their data center(s) and if it’s available a rough idea of the cost to run and maintain them.
Lastly, how much these services cost per month.

Secondly: -
I’m interested in CCP (EVE Online specifically, if people have data).
I’d like to know how many people and the expenses involved in the production of their content, developers, copyright, designers, contractors etc.
I’d also like to know the general size of their data center(s) and if it’s available a rough idea of the cost to run and maintain them.
Lastly, how much these services cost per month.

Lastly, If you don’t have any of this information, perhaps you could answer the following: -
Do you think anyone else has made this comparison?
Do you think the wife will be more interested in keeping the EVE Online subscription going or their streaming service of choice?

I read that as…
“My wife is making me quit Eve because she cant live without netflix.”

4 Likes

Cancel Netflix. You can pirate IN eve, but you can’t pirate eve.

2 Likes

Don’t know about you but I wouldn’t cancel streaming service for a game, much less EVE.
Two different kinds of entertainment but at least the streaming service isn’t brainstorming everyday on how to seperate you from your money on top of the monthly subscription.

Cancel Netflix means you could also lose the chill.

Probably, but people do nutty things on the Internet. Comparing CCP and Netflix business cases is imho a fools errant, their businesses are based on completely different models that do not compare well on the side of the business. Even on the consumer side of things it is very difficult to compare. Both provide entertainment, they provide different entertainment, and even different types of entertainment. CCP delivers entertainment that needs to be consumed (inter)actively, while Netflix delivers content that needs to be consumed passively…

How about both? If she consumes both, who are you to deny either? If she only consumes one of them, why compare them on a level that doesn’t concern you at all as a consumer. A business states what they want for their service, it’s up to you as a consumer to pay that. Or not…

not true, unfortunately…

when cable first appeared in the world [before your time, most of you probably] it was touted as a way to get rid of commercials and just watch TV without interruptions.

it wasn’t too long before the commercials appeared again - everybody griped about it but>>>

today I

Pay the cable fee
Watch commercials [ unless I record the programs and fast-forward through them ]
Search for a movie a want to watch and…pay to watch it

I have Amazon, so I have Prime video, which has movies - supposedly free
I search for a movie I want to watch and 90% of them I have to pay for AGAIN

My cable includes HBO - but the movies are boxed on my screen - so I have to pay for an HBO MAX subsciption to watch them fullscreen

One of the biggest scams in modern times

Except “modern” times are so full of scams it’s hard to chose which one I want to get ripped off by.
I don’t watch TV, I don’t have tv service, just internet. That takes care of cable scams. For the rest, I live spartan. I have very little and only want very little. I’m happy with what I have and don’t want much more than that.

2 Likes

I dont have electricity or indoor plumbing and live a rich life.

1 Like

Foolish.

I made a mistake once myself, I pre ordered a game. Guess how that went. I’m a lot more discerning before parting with my money now.

Pissing me about, or annoying me, is a great way to not get paid.

1 Like

You go to the toilet in the outhouse? :smile: And wipe yourself with your shirttail :laughing: I can already see you losing your balance and falling in the shitter :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.