OP NPCs in .7 Space?

i’ve wanted to attempt it solo, but i hadn’t yet.

It worked out great initialy.
Used a passive tanked Praxis with Torps, nothing fancy.

Just as the FOB was in structure one of the NPC haulers undocked from it…
I looked at it, it looked at me, I looked at it, it looked at me and called in the Combat Wing (that usualy spawn when in the belts).

So I had to tank both the initial FOB fleet and the additional support wave that was called in by the hauler (I didnt even lock it).

Long story short.

The FOB survived in 20% structure and I fed an Orca and a Praxis to FOB rats that day lol.

5 Likes

Don’t Trig’s also show up in .7 space sometimes?

If mining, always be checking who warps into your belt, always be aligned and warp out. If for no other reason than gankers. Same applies to belt rats.

1 Like

Eve Uni article on FOBs

FOBs were released in the Lifeblood expansion (October 2017) and last significantly patched in the Arms Race expansion (2018).

Takes all of 10 seconds to check the Agency for a FOB in or near your system…

2 Likes

CCP didn’t tell him personally about it, so how would he know to look under agency. lol… thats the 'tude this dudes got.

1 Like

Not all of high-sec is a starting zone. Players only spawn into a tiny handful of systems (seriously, a dozen systems), and FOBs and other higher-threat NPCs typically are blocked from intruding into the NPE-related systems (I say typically because CCP has forgotten to exclude those systems from event pools in the past and had to do cleanup work to fix it after feedback). The rest of the literally thousands of high-sec systems are at risk for PvE and PvP with the expectation that players will actually use their available in-game data to protect themselves.

1 Like

Does he really need to make you though? It sounds like CCP is already making you. You can either take the knowledge dispensed in this thread (so now you know exactly what got you and exactly how to avoid it) and HTFU. Or you can keep throwing a fit and leave EVE, which is you taking the STFU route. Those are really the only two options for any of us in this game.

it’s been going on for years… little to no warning lmao

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t know that, I always forget that the agency even exists.

So, you got an answer (about what happened), and a bit of information about “CCP does this sort of thing”. So, forewarned is forearmed, right? I guess really all it means is that you have to know where these FOBs are and you’re good to do the thing you want. Doesn’t sound too bad really. Sucks losing a few ships though, but this is a spaceship game - and space, she be dangerous. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty sucky with that, but it’s a cool story anyway! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.