Orca High Sec

Anyone got a link for a solo mining fit that can jump back and forth between ice and ores that is a good tank

1 Like

That depends. You play on mining AFK? Because there is no tank against a Machariel…

2 Likes

no I will be watching, I listen to music and mine

1 Like

It was a rhetorical question. It doesn’t matter if you AFK mine or not, there’s no getting away from a Machariel in an Orca. An Orca is not a solo mining ship…

I only Hi Sec mine and I got defenders, I just need one that can jump back and forth between ice when it pops then back to ores

1 Like

Well, that’s simple. The Orca can’t fit any mining lasers, only mining drones, and you can only use 1 ice mining drone, or 5 ore mining drones. And fleet boosts don’t work on drones. So, that’s the extent of your options. 1 ice mining drone and 5 ore mining drones. Fit the rest of the ship for tank…

ok thank you

1 Like
[Orca, Orca, mining]
Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Thermal Dissipation Field II

Mining Foreman Burst II
Mining Foreman Burst II
Mining Foreman Burst II
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Salvager I

Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Drone Mining Augmentor II

Ice Harvesting Drone II x2
Mining Drone II x5
Hobgoblin II x5

Mining Laser Field Enhancement Charge x5000
Mining Laser Optimization Charge x5000
Mining Equipment Preservation Charge x5000

This is what I’ve been wobbling around with. It’s 388k eHP and the mining yield depends on which drones you use and your skills. The mining yield isn’t actually that bad, but it’s no match against an exhumer.

My skills on my Orca pilot aren’t maxed yet. So it’s 1154.8 m3 per minute with 5x T2 Mining Drones. And one ice every 78s. Just to give you some numbers.

2 Likes

awesome thank you

1 Like

Just by way of comparison, here’s another (but similar) option that I use.

[Orca, Drone Miner]

Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Drone Navigation Computer II
500MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
ML-3 Scoped Survey Scanner

Mining Foreman Burst II
Mining Foreman Burst II
Shield Command Burst I
Small Tractor Beam I
Salvager I
Prototype Cloaking Device I

Large Drone Mining Augmentor I

Hobgoblin II x5
‘Augmented’ Mining Drone x5
‘Augmented’ Ice Harvesting Drone x1

I never use this for solo ice, simple because an exhumer is faster, but I do use this for solo ore all the time.

300k EHP, so less than @Whitehound, but enough for quiet Hisec. I’ve got good skills and those are expensive drones, but I get >1600 m3/minute with this.

The cloak is of course optional, but if I need to briefly go AFK for some reason (grabbing a beverage, running to the bathroom, etc.) it’s handy to pull the drones and cloak up instead of docking up.

1 Like

Interesting fit, I will try it sometime

1 Like

You only have to Tank until Concord shows up, right?
How quick can a Mach take down a well tanked Orca?

A mach will bump the orca to prevent it from warping. While the orca is stuck, other pilots will log on in catalysts and use 800 dps catalysts to burn down the orca pretty quickly

1 Like

You don’t gank an Orca with a Machariel, you bump it. A good Mach pilot can keep an Orca permanently bumped. Long story short, you will get absolutely zero units of anything mined as long as that Machariel is there.

Jenne, I dont have enough PG for that fit, what are you using to boost it, I got 20 available but need 100, the total is 1380 for my Orca

1 Like

Hmm, I can fit that without implants, but in looking at the applicable skills in PYFA, most of mine are 4 or 5 so I’ve got 1.5k MW PG. A Inherent Implants ‘Squire’ Power Grid Management (slot 6 implant) can add some PG for you if you want to fit it until you train up the skills.

Sorry about that- I hate it when people post fits that need implants without mentioning it. I don’t need the implant, but didn’t mean to do that to you.

1 Like

How did you get yours up to 1.5? I mean what skills do I need to boost to that.

1 Like

Here’s a shot of my skills from PYFA:

2018-06-06_20-25-36

Power Grid Management 5 is probably the one that gets me there.

1 Like

Awesome, ty so much

1 Like

More than happy to help :slight_smile:

2 Likes