Orcas should never have been turned into mining vessels

I’ve suggested something similar above. But people argued that it would make the orca an overpowered hauler.

So I offered a different option. Give the orca two types of ore hold. An active one, where the orcas own mined ore goes. This would be smaller, about 20k m3. And a fleet one, much larger, where you can move the ore to.

But it seems more simple just to make it so drones will only mine say 10 to 15 times before they need to be reordered to mine again.

1 Like

I gave you a simple solution, yet you want to make it weird. people can still have their dones their afk and walk by once in a while to continue changing nothing because somehow your hulk skills are very bad as you can’t compete to some orca miner.

By the way, I don’t mine ice because I don’t need it and I like Veldspar more. Real capsuleers mine Veldspar by the way.

Yep, auto-repeat off on mining drones (would fix AFKish Rorquals too), or just reduce the regular cargobay to 1000m3 and have all the mined ore deposited there instead of the Ore Hold.

This maybe but not the large fleet hold as it will be abused to haul stuff with then gate gankers will be here whining about their ineptness at pirating orca’s.

You haven’t explained why my solution isn’t good. Change it so drones only mine X number of times, instead of infinitely. After 15 returns with ore/ice, the drone idles. The player cannot just afk mine for hours this way. And it’s a really simple change for CCP to make without impacting other things.

1 Like

No it’s not.
Another possibility is to make the ice chuncks lower.

IMO NO activity should be rewarding money after 4min of AFK. That’s my opinion, an arbitrary limit. Any new activity should request at least one action every 4 minute or stop giving reward. This can be, but not limited to, hacking a device, or moving from one spot to another. Or in the case or ore, that ANY roid engaged by a drone or laser explodes after 4min.

1 Like

No because it’s a fleet ore hold, for ore only. As opposed to the active ore hold, which is for the orcas owned mine ore only.

1 Like

The reason is that it’s just annoying. It’s as bad as the captcha suggestion. It’s frustrating and not really making the game more exiting. It’s one of the “Oh, cool in the future when in space, mining drones just stop for no reason after a few cycles.” Not immersive, but then again you don’t care, you just want those nasty slowpoke afk miners out of your belt no matter what.

Personally I would just remove mining drones and allow the Orca to fit 3x Miners with no bonuses.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you’re trying to argue here. My option is better than the one you stated.

I say let the drone mine 15 times before going idle because that is 15 blocks of ice, the same as the skiff can mine while afk before mining ceases.

1 Like

for a lot of reasons.
First it’s convoluted. It adds more mechanisms in the game, and can lead to more bugs. Like standard drones being shut down after 15 attacks. Or the whole eve universe being put into a station.
Second you can’t know when the drone will stop. So it also hurts active players.

1 Like

Ok, in that case it’s reasonable. Split up the ore hold in a small “incoming ore hold” and large “deep ore hold”. But then again it’s just weird design from a player perspective. why would any engineer make something so complex unless he wanted those AFK miners away?

I really think you’re onto something here. This is very fair.

In your opinion.

A bit weird perhaps. Better to limit the number of cycles a mining drone will complete before requiring a new command.

No, it’s actually objectively better.

To your opinion.

It looks clumsy to the player that does not need easy gank targets, it looks clumsy to players that do not need to remove afk miners out of their belts.

If the player is active, he’ll see his drone has stopped mining?

And haven’t people been arguing that an active player is better off in an exhumer anyway?

1 Like

Put your bitterness aside, bud. Ganking has nothing to do with what’s being discussed here.

Haha, playing the emotion card? Well, since you have no facts, you better do that.