Orcas should never have been turned into mining vessels

Kezrai Charzai, perhaps you could try to explain why he uses 20 orcas, instead of 20 mackinkaws.

Could it be because the orcas have such a large ore hold that he won’t even have to do a single haul in order to fully mine everything out?

And similarly, he won’t even have to click any buttons. He could go to bed and come back in 2 hours and all is finished.

And also because he can be pretty sure that even if he is afk he knows nobody is going to gank him.

And finally the fact that his mining rate is only slightly slower than a Mackinkaw is no problem at all.

Gotta feel sorry for people who use mackinkaws these days. Sooner or later they’ll be ganked. Should have brought an orca.

I said it above and i’ll say it again, the orca takes the strengths of the mackinkaw (large ore hold) and the skiff (strong tank) for itself, it multiplies these strengths several times over. And the only downside is that its mining rate is a little slower. And that fact is utterly negated by the massive ore hold, meaning it hardly needs to haul. If you have a ton of them you won’t need to do a single haul.

The whole point of the mackinkaw having such a weak tank is because it has a 35k m3 ore hold, the biggest among barges. The orca has a 185k m3 ore hold and 3x more EHP than a godly tanked skiff!

1 Like

Well as usual you missed the point. His 20-Orca multi-box setup adds nothing to the game. What would removing that option add to the game?

Nothing. It won’t bring in more active players. It won’t turn him into an active player. As said, all it accomplishes is even fewer players and less income for CCP.

I believe the point has been made numerous times in the thread that high sec Orcas do not really become a PvP target even if you leave them AFK. Another specious argument.

Thanks, but that wasn’t a suggestion. It was a “removing this is pointless” comment, but of course you missed that point too. Also, please reference the comments below where you specifically refer to removing this playstyle.

I agree. That would come about from adding high quality interaction options and incentives to the game, not by removing boring/low interaction options.

Sure sounds like removing a playstyle is the idea. Are you all for removing it because it’s good for the game?

At what point did you get promoted to speaking for the community? If you have some sort of authorization or approval from ‘the community’ for this, do let us know. I’m pretty sure you never checked with me, for instance.

It was offered in his birthday box with his degree in basic bullsh¡t.

It’s not. Again, check your facts.
You are lying again.

1 Like

We, Pedro and me, exclusively mine in Covetors and Hulks,
because everything else is a waste of time when you’re not playing afk anyway.
Also it pisses off those who use lower yield ships when you start mining their roids faster than they can.

1 Like

Yes yes, we’ve all heard this “CCP is our economic hostage”/appeal to financial consequences argument before. Luckily CCP is not going for it. So good on them.

The specious argument is your’s, then. Clearly this line of argumentation from you was just a bait and switch, as I do not recall even a single time advocating for any change that would make Orcas easier to PvP.

It could, and it could also come from making small, easy changes to low-attention, low-effort, low-engagement gameplay that you admit adds nothing to the game.

It’s easier to change something small than it is to add something completely new to the game. Your reasoning would further create “development debt” that would just add more balance problems with the game.

Learn to read. The statement you’re attributing to me (“a player paying 20 subs is bad for the game”) does not match what I actually said (“AFK mining is low engagement, low-effort, low-attention gameplay”). Thx for playing.

I sincerely hope your mining permits are in order! I’d hate to gank one of your Hulks and then find out it was you, and feel bad enough that I’d end up reimbursing it.

Yes I know. It’s a certain someone who doesn’t exist.

Do you have agility rigs on your barges?

No, that’d not be helpful! :slight_smile:

That’ll give you something to think about! *snickers*

(it’s really not rocket science, but I’d rather want you to have something to tinker about instead of just outright telling you how it works :slight_smile:)

If everyone could see who flagged whom,
Anderson would stop this pretty quickly, I’d say. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well unless you’re pre-aligned and/or webbing eachother with an active duel. Oh hey! I just thought of something.

Who?

1 Like

Oh awesome. I look forward to it.

I do so miss my days in Rens and Hek, watching your -10 flashy Thrasher warping from ping to ping and then seeing some poor soul carrying his entire BPO library in a shuttle explode. Right before you Thrasher blew up.

1 Like

You were there? Yay! :blush:
I don’t remember a “library of BPOs”. :slight_smile:

I miss Hek too.
It’s so ■■■■■■■ dead.

Btw, I’ll be deleting my posts afterwards,
because they’re horribly off topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So’s Dodixie.

Jita is too crowded for me.

Amarr is where it’s at.

1 Like

The Labyrinth? I remember passing through Aphi a couple of years back while on an MTU hunt, and seeing an ungodly amount of MTUs behind a locked gate. I almost bought the key for the site off contracts, but there were a plethora of ungated MTUs in the region, and I’m lazy, so I just went for those instead.

I might pay that system another visit when/if I come back to EVE.

4 Likes

CCPlease make everyone play in a way that suits me.

give me your wish and I will double it :smiley:

Hey, I never see you in your channel! :smiley:

1 Like

So on one hand you say I’m being literal

Literal: “taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor”

And the word you are trying to convey is “differentiate” rather then different.

“Between reality and a game” you recognize that if I was being literal then by default I am following the posts and following the reality of what someone put forth, so no.

What am I missing here, the op has stated his case for nerfing a part of the gameplay and instead of giving a rage post I stated my opinion, how is this delusional, then you add a picture of how you imagine me to be, I’d say you went off track more then I ever could have ever done.

1 Like

Because I’m not there. :slight_smile: I’m currently playing some other games, I might get back into EVE later this year.

1 Like

It’d be awesome to have you around again! :smiley:

And apparently I’m back! :smiley:

Pedro and I have a whole list of content and experiments ahead of us
and I might have gotten Hengle on board, too! :smiley:

If you ever plan on checking on that site,
feel free to give me a call in advance! :smiley:

1 Like

When I get back into EVE, you’ll be the first one I call.

1 Like