Ore compression for npc stations in hi-sec

Want to name some names here? There are folk in eve that would be glad to knock over hi-sec bully corps just for the fun of it.

3 Likes

No, ■■■■ off.

Bollocks. EvE is not for you. Piss off to wow.

Hogs Collective. They’re meta gaming the hell out of it. The main alliance is the Hogs Collective alliance, which fields no structures so they cannot be war decced. The war dec changes really were a boon for alliances like Hogs Collective, who’s main characters are immune to retribution for all of the dirty work done by their alt war alliances.

Their alt war dec alliance AYPABTU has been clearing the structures there for them. Same goes for Aporkalypse now, who also has been helping. Where Hogs Collective goes, AYPABTU will be found killing all structures in the area. It seems to exist only to help Hogs objective of forcing other players from the area. They’ve taken out all public structures and have war decs on many more.

In addition to their alt war alliances, they have a large alt ganker corp for targeting miners who won’t fold to them. Their members are told to create a gank alt for their ganker corp ‘401 - Ship Unauthorized’.

Let’s be honest here. If a new player had the option to simply jump a few systems out, or remove compression outright, which do you think they would choose?

1 Like

See how they use a Coalition and holding corps?

Yeah thats how people who “only PvE” worked to how to evade Wardecs too.

Is it ok for indy corps to do it?

Not sure if anyone noticed but that AYPABTU alliance seems to be comprised entirely of alpha characters.

Wonder if it was intended for people to make entire alt alliances of alpha characters as a way to negate the risk that comes with declaring war and claiming space.

they have made a name for themselves by forcing out the local populous using amarr alpha toons to grind out the structures of highsec bros, reducing their on grid liability while still taking the local moons and demanding that people remove all their structures of hand them over.

1 Like

Pretty much looks like working as intended.

1 Like

Knowing of a recent massive long war Hogs were just in that was pretty even and other wars they’ve picked against capable opponents I don’t think I’d categorise hogs as a bully alliance.
Pursuing dominance in an area is not bullying after all in the context of EVE. It’s a valid gameplay.

5 Likes

This wouldn’t have anything to do with ICANP being kicked out of SICO structures would it?

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering. Why did CCP change ore compression to something that happens instantaneously and doesn’t require blueprints? Why don’t players need to use a blueprint and wait for the ore to finish compressing, like they do for research and manufacturing?

Removed a large number of off topic posts. Keep it Civil and on topic, thanks.

2 Likes

Quick assumption here, but I assume it’s because the reprocessing module requires fuel to run, so instead of blueprints, you need fuel blocks for the module to be online.

So the whole cost is built into that approach rather than needing both fuel blocks and blueprints.

Manufacturing requires blueprints and time also.
But I think it’s actually because POS compression was always instant as was refining.
I think it was only Rorquals compression that used to take time.

Agreed, though I think the difference is there is no way to build the whole process into a single cost. There are always other input materials needed for manufacture, so it is already more complex and run through the industry interface.

But your probably correct, that as a replacement for POS, it closely maps to what that was.

OP, if you are generating enough volume to believe that you require Compression, then it is obvious you have forces at your disposal that can also be conscripted for logistics. Literally, get moving.

Compression is not a default right or privilege that everybody is merely entitled to. The lack of, is not a bar any industrialist who is willing and adaptive.

And honestly, if you are belt mining with the rest of the riff-raff - then you are doing it wrong as a foundation of game play.

I am looking forward the mineral drought. I would ask CCP for barge/exhumer desiccated hulls at the empty points. Just like the motif of seeing a horned bull skull in a desert image.

2 Likes

Buy a Rorqual hull, put it in the next Lowsec and compress there.